Welcome Marlon Mack

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What is decent and average to you?

A back that will get me roughly 4-5 yards per carry in lesser quantities is a decent or average back. Neither of those guys are William Powell or some of the other absolute dreck that the Cardinals have had in the past.
Isn't this why we have Corey Clement? Is there no back with a future on the roster in two years currently in the RB room?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Isn't this why we have Corey Clement? Is there no back with a future on the roster in two years currently in the RB room?
You seen these guys right?? ...

Our RB room is barren. James Conner is clearly the cream of the crap and its a huge dropoff after him.
We need a back who can take the corner as well as run between the tackles and we just aint got him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Our RB room is barren. James Conner is clearly the cream of the crap and its a huge dropoff after him.
We need a back who can take the corner as well as run between the tackles and we just aint got him.
I mean, we're stuck with Conner and we're paying him Top 15 money. He doesn't have a future with the team. I don't mind giving him 400 touches and letting fate decide what happens to him in 2024.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, we're stuck with Conner and we're paying him Top 15 money. He doesn't have a future with the team. I don't mind giving him 400 touches and letting fate decide what happens to him in 2024.
I don't mind giving him that many touches too. I still contend we cut him after this coming year unless we has another breakout year.

I think we draft a RB in the 3/4 round next year and either he becomes our guy, or we do another 1 year deal on an RB.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agreed! I'm fine with running this man in the ground. I love JC as a player and person, but he's out of here next year, along with who knows who else. I believe JG and MO want to totally remake this team in their own image, whatever that's worth.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oof. We was our #2 back.
K9, are you laughing that I think he was our #2 back? Did you not think he was going to be come game 1? Or are you laughing that it is sad he was our #2?

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2nd Achilles injury for him. Sucks and probably ends his career.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The only team in universe that loses before the game is played.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

All these dudes are just bodies. Most of the guys available, like Mack was, are just bodies. This isn't the time of year to be needing RBs who can run inside and outside, with burst and speed.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
K9, are you laughing that I think he was our #2 back? Did you not think he was going to be come game 1? Or are you laughing that it is sad he was our #2?
It is sad that he was out #2 back which is kinda debatable because they are all technically 4a, 4b, and 4c.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He was not our #2 back. Corey Clement is our #2 back. Maybe Keyontay Ingram shows a pulse with the new group. He was running with the 3s and he's listed third on the depth chart.

This is another Denis Daily/Elijah Wilkinson situation. Both are below average and interchangeable.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
All these dudes are just bodies. Most of the guys available, like Mack was, are just bodies. This isn't the time of year to be needing RBs who can run inside and outside, with burst and speed.
well no...draft day is... But... Dalvin Cook is more than just a body and he hasnt signed with the jets as of yesterday

pricey...but fits the need

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
well no...draft day is... But... Dalvin Cook is more than just a body and he hasnt signed with the jets as of yesterday

pricey...but fits the need
He is one reason I used the work "most". There are some quality ones out there but I don't believe either party is interested.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was not our #2 back. Corey Clement is our #2 back. Maybe Keyontay Ingram shows a pulse with the new group. He was running with the 3s and he's listed third on the depth chart.
He was trending to be that in just a few days of being here.
This is another Denis Daily/Elijah Wilkinson situation. Both are below average and interchangeable.
Of course they are, or they would have been the starter.

Laughing that I called him the #2 back, and then you implying that Clement and Mack were interchangeable is funny too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen