Welcome Marlon Mack

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I am going to semantics this a bit. He is a replacement level player with no real upside. Not a top 64 RB in the league. He had 84 yards rushing last year in 8 games which was 132nd in rushing yards. That doesn't equate to average.
Did he have an average number of carries? This is a dishonest argument. There are probably 50 RBs that are about equal. The Cardinals had Conner and....no one else really.
His ascension up the depth chart has more to do with the quality of the roster than his talent.
True, but he is an actual NFL RB who has broken the 1000 yard mark in his career at least. The same cannot be said for many NFL backs.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Did he have an average number of carries? This is a dishonest argument. There are probably 50 RBs that are about equal. The Cardinals had Conner and....no one else really.

True, but he is an actual NFL RB who has broken the 1000 yard mark in his career at least. The same cannot be said for many NFL backs.
I believe carries are allocated by talent. If he couldn't earn them on two teams last year, it is likely that he just isn't that talented. Could he get more yards with more carries...probably. But that doesn't make him "average". He is just a guy who has a proven track record of being just a guy.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Read through this thread and apply all of the same convos here. We all saw what an impact Williams was as a vet FA RB last year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I believe carries are allocated by talent.
Sort of. Sometimes it's other things like knowing the scheme.
If he couldn't earn them on two teams last year, it is likely that he just isn't that talented.
Are you 100% familiar with both situations? I'm not.
Could he get more yards with more carries...probably. But that doesn't make him "average". He is just a guy who has a proven track record of being just a guy.
Which is more than like 50% of the backs in the league. He should help some.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Tanner Vallejo never had a season equivalent to Mack's 1000 yard season. Let's not be ridiculous.
Mack's 1000 yard season was three years ago. This will be the 4th season since. The team that he did it for let him go. He isn't that player anymore. He is the equivalent of Tanner Vallejo right now. Replacement level, veteran player with no upside.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Krang on Darrell Williams

I wasn't bullish on the Cardinals RB room prior to this move, but I think Williams can spot start and produce quality reps off the bench.

The alternative is unproven players....so this is a good move.

###

Tanner Vallejo of RBs is better than the Johnny Rutledge of RBs.

I usually respect your comments, but you're way off base. This is a guy who stole a ton of snaps from a 1st round back.

###

I do as well and I find it comical how even decent signings around here get massive scrutiny.

He's signing to be a vet backup. He has a ton of experience.

###

Dude, you are making the same argument for Marlon Mack that you made for Darrell Williams. That decent, vet backup with experience who netted 102 yards on 21 attempts. Don't fall for the same trick twice.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Krang on Darrell Williams

I wasn't bullish on the Cardinals RB room prior to this move, but I think Williams can spot start and produce quality reps off the bench.

The alternative is unproven players....so this is a good move.

###

Tanner Vallejo of RBs is better than the Johnny Rutledge of RBs.

I usually respect your comments, but you're way off base. This is a guy who stole a ton of snaps from a 1st round back.

###

I do as well and I find it comical how even decent signings around here get massive scrutiny.

He's signing to be a vet backup. He has a ton of experience.

###

Dude, you are making the same argument for Marlon Mack that you made for Darrell Williams. That decent, vet backup with experience who netted 102 yards on 21 attempts. Don't fall for the same trick twice.
OMG this is ridiculous. I wasn't wrong on Williams either. He was fine last year until he was put on injured reserve.

The amount of scrutiny for back up players on this board is maddening.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Mack's 1000 yard season was three years ago. This will be the 4th season since. The team that he did it for let him go. He isn't that player anymore. He is the equivalent of Tanner Vallejo right now. Replacement level, veteran player with no upside.
Call me when Tanner Vallejo even approaches a 100 tackle season. Stop. You're being silly.

Mack is an okay player. Nothing more than that.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
OMG this is ridiculous. I wasn't wrong on Williams either. He was fine last year until he was put on injured reserve.

The amount of scrutiny for back up players on this board is maddening.
"I wAsN't WrOnG oN wIlLiAmS." In 6 games he averaged 3.5 carries and 17 yards per game. Totally fine. Exactly the numbers you want your vet RB to get with all of the experience he brings. Come on.

&

Probably as maddening as the praise for replacement level NFL signings in August.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Speaking of Darrel Williams...with Mack possibly hurt long-term, it may be time to look at one of the other dudes still available...Williams, Elliott, Cook...Several are still available and I'm sure would sign 1-year deals at this point.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
"I wAsN't WrOnG oN wIlLiAmS." In 6 games he averaged 3.5 carries and 17 yards per game. Totally fine. Exactly the numbers you want your vet RB to get with all of the experience he brings. Come on.
Williams was mostly hurt last year.

"ErMaGhErD, tHe BaCkUp Rb WhO gOt HuRt DiDnT puuuurdouce!$@_#
&

Probably as maddening as the praise for replacement level NFL signings in August.
Not praise. Just saying it's better than adding a reject from West Texas A&M. Geebus you are cranky.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Williams was mostly hurt last year.

"ErMaGhErD, tHe BaCkUp Rb WhO gOt HuRt DiDnT puuuurdouce!$@_#

Not praise. Just saying it's better than adding a reject from West Texas A&M. Geebus you are cranky.
lol...no, the backup RB didn't produce, and got hurt. Lets not revise history. Williams was ineffective for 6 games, and got hurt making him unavailable for the rest. He was never a solid or decent or any type of productive player for the Cardinals.

And when it comes to players like Williams and Mack, "decent" and "average" is praise.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
lol...no, the backup RB didn't produce, and got hurt. Lets not revise history. Williams was ineffective for 6 games, and got hurt making him unavailable for the rest. He was never a solid or decent or any type of productive player for the Cardinals.

And when it comes to players like Williams and Mack, "decent" and "average" is praise.
What is decent and average to you?

A back that will get me roughly 4-5 yards per carry in lesser quantities is a decent or average back. Neither of those guys are William Powell or some of the other absolute dreck that the Cardinals have had in the past.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Need to just jump right in there and sign Dalvin Cook out from under the Jets.... dude was good for 1200 and 8 TDs last year in 17 games...obviously still has tread... my guess is everyone else is offering a year...so offer two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen