Week 4 Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 1/30/23-2/5/23

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Did you read this recent Defector article on nepotism in the NFL?

Obviously we're dealing with coaches here, not athletes. We already have a nepo baby on staff in Cam Turner, and it hasn't worked out that well. Spencer Whipple is also a nepo baby. Just awful.
I liked this:
In 2013, when he got his first NFL head coaching gig in Arizona, Arians wanted to hire his son Jake as a special teams coach, but the Cardinals have a policy that prevents that type of nepotism hiring. (The Cardinals confirmed they have a nepotism policy that extends to all positions in the organization, but didn’t provide specific details of the policy). Arians said he wasn’t sure if the Buccaneers had such a policy in place; the Buccaneers told Defector they do not discuss hiring policies publicly.
Very likely in response to what happened during the Buddy Ryan years...

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you read this recent Defector article on nepotism in the NFL?

Obviously we're dealing with coaches here, not athletes. We already have a nepo baby on staff in Cam Turner, and it hasn't worked out that well. Spencer Whipple is also a nepo baby. Just awful.
Interesting that the Cardinals, along with the Falcons, are the only teams in the league with anti-nepotism hiring rules. (And the Falcons do in fact have a father-son pair on their coaching staff despite the policy.)
In 2013, when he got his first NFL head coaching gig in Arizona, Arians wanted to hire his son Jake as a special teams coach, but the Cardinals have a policy that prevents that type of nepotism hiring. (The Cardinals confirmed they have a nepotism policy that extends to all positions in the organization, but didn’t provide specific details of the policy).
...dave

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Interesting that the Cardinals, along with the Falcons, are the only teams in the league with anti-nepotism hiring rules. (And the Falcons do in fact have a father-son pair on their coaching staff despite the policy.)

...dave
Too bad the Cardinals don't have an anti-nepotism rule regarding ownership.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Is there a reason to think Flores is actually still an option? He never got a second interview and we have been looking under every rock outside of Flores to be our coach.

I get thinking we can’t pass up Payton for Flores, but now casting an even wider net just makes me wonder if they even like Flores or if he like the safest of safety schools when applying for college?
I agree.

Something tells with another potential lawsuit by Wilks agent against the league, Flores will not get a HC job this year. Right or wrong I think his lawyer is doing him a disservice in continuing a potential quality HC career.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most seem to be missing the fact that Flores just interviewed for the DC job in Minny.
No one is missing that because it’s completely immaterial to the fact that Flores IS NOT INTERVIEWING FOR HEAD COACH ANYWHERE.

And only ONE interview for DC.

Real hot commodity…

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads