Week 4 2022: Heroes and Goats

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If Cody Ford is as good as Hernandez the line is fine
That would be a nice surprise. I'm just hoping our "is he in or out" guard can make it through the season healthy...it hasn't been a promising start.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Connor looks heavy-legged early. Seemed to get better as the game goes -- but Williams and Eno both have way more burst through the line

That one drive K9 highlighted Conner just killed us. Love his heart but that play is blocked for way more than 5 yards he is just slow to get there. then the pass again if he has any burst at all he gets the first down but he doesn't and comes up short. He's a gamer he gets the short yardage but the lack of burst is really hurting the offense IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler did throw a screen pass to Luvu for a pick-6.

I didn't see it live but I watched the highlights today after luvu picks that Conner is literally right there to tackle him and gets completely faked out. he didn't not try but man I guess it's clear why he's an offensive player not a defender he completely whiffed and it became a pick six

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I predicted Moore for 3 catches and 18 yards. I over projected. Can’t blame him, Kliff just don’t get it.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler still seems rushed / skittish early in games. Throwing early or bailing out on plays due to perceived pressure.

It was almost as though there was a reset during the half time break. Where he was shown footage that the O line was actually holding up better than he perhaps thought, that there was more time available than he realised.

Things slowed down for him after the break, he took his time to survey options.

Whether it's Kliff's fault, Kyler's or a combination of the pair of them the bottom line is that KM still shows some signs of inexperience. The elite Kyler that we've seen plenty of times can still regress back to the panicky rookie when he feels pressured. Usually players become better able to deal with pressure as they gain experience but I think this part of Kyler's game has lagged behind the rest.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What about the defensive grades?

Z. Allen 82.2 (49)
C. Thomas 77.6 (9)
B. Murphy 73.5 (53)
D. Gardeck 71.1 (21)
T. Vallejo 69.3 (10)
M. Golden 68.0 (37)
B. Niemann 67.5 (22)
Z. Collins 66.8 (52)
V. Dimukeje 66.7 (9)
JJ. Watt 65.8 (41)
J. Thompson 65.2 (52)
B. Baker 56.7 (52)
M. Wilson 56.0 (51)
I. Simmons 50.7 (43)
T. Mullen 40.4 (19)

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A friend, a Giant fan, told me that he wouldn't want to play Arizona if they ever get off to a good start. Tells me that the Law of Averages says that will happen.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hero - Isabella. Zero drops.

There’s usually some active EPL talk on the “World Sports” forum, too.
He learned from the best!

Amazing that Andy knew he'd be a Cardinal when he was 12 and got to meet Larry for the first time as seen in the bow picture!

You must be registered for see images attach

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
What to do with Moore ?
Moore was replaced by Brown. Small fast guy. Once Nuk is back moore will fade into obscurity. Id almost rather have Green out there. He drops a lot but hes also due for one game changing play

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to change the title because it was bugging me. For a second there I thought we had only played 3 games and knew that didn't sound right.

Reaction score
Which should have been called a PI if we are being honest. Still a terrible throw though. Should have led him instead of a bit behind...

This is what I thought during the game. It looked to me like Luvu grabbed Brown's shoulder & held him back before he caught the ball & ran in for the pick 6. I kept looking for the flag that never came.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I thought during the game. It looked to me like Luvu grabbed Brown's shoulder & held him back before he caught the ball & ran in for the pick 6. I kept looking for the flag that never came.
If PI was still a reviewable call then I think the Cards would have won.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
there are also like 4 routes on most plays. I guarantee Kliff is not calling 4 vertical routes every 3rd and short so Kyler has no option but to pass it deep.

It's something Kyler loves, maybe he is trying to catch defenses off guard.
Or he hopes for a completion or interference. I am not sure I think a defense would be caught off guard by that.

Still poor decision making to me but I expect nothing less from Kyler

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yet some on here said he was trash & a terrible pick up by Keim. I loved the addition. He has an attitude that our line needs.
I also like him. But, I remember in his rookie year with the Giants, he either picked up a penalty for fighting or was ejected. One of the announcers said that he had a short fuse, but would learn.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rondale Moore is a puzzling player. His best games for us were in his first handful of games when he first arrived

The longer he's been here the less effective he's been?

How much is down to our use of him I'm not sure. Those lateral passes rarely seem to deliver any yardage. I've heard us say we use the lateral passes early in games because it makes teams guard against them, opening up spaces elsewhere later on. Hmmm

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose