Week 25 Cardinals Off-Season: 06/25/2023-07/02/2023

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how this K Chris Blewitt for the Pittsburgh Maulers in the USFL championship game isn't in the NFL already. He is making it look easy with long kicks over 50 yards. Splitting the uprights every time with a LOT of room to spare. The announcer keeps saying it "would've been good from 65" and he is right.

If I was Monti I would get him on the phone ASAP after the game and sign him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"But don't moan about fairness." Yeah, the players are just supposed to shut up and get on with it. Suuure.

His piece clearly makes out his contract is fair, which it is. He's highly paid, it's fully guaranteed come week 1. What more does he want?

Good safeties have been getting pittances this offseason.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
His piece clearly makes out his contract is fair, which it is. He's highly paid, it's fully guaranteed come week 1. What more does he want?

Good safeties have been getting pittances this offseason.
He wants both years guaranteed, for one, which I can't blame him for. I can easily see the team getting rid of him in the offseason if they think it's the right deal. You can *say* it's fair but your saying doesn't make it so. There are clearly two sides to the issue.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He wants both years guaranteed, for one, which I can't blame him for. I can easily see the team getting rid of him in the offseason if they think it's the right deal. You can *say* it's fair but your saying doesn't make it so. There are clearly two sides to the issue.

There are 2 sides to this issue. One is a reasonable, fair side and the other is an unreasonable, dilusioned side.

The vast majority of people here from what I have seen this Budda is out of line.

He was made the best paid safety in the league. He's still the 7th highest paid which is more than fair for a guy that's widely considered at least no better than 7th best safety in the league. He agreed the contract that saw all his guarantees paid in the first 2 years, he could have pushed to spread them out over 4 if he wished. He agreed the structure.

The team is absolutely right to tell him to jog on.

If he had greatly improved from 2 years ago and was suddenly a Minkah style ballhawk that got 6 interceptions a year then he might have a case for demanding more of something. But he hasn't.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There are 2 sides to this issue. One is a reasonable, fair side and the other is an unreasonable, dilusioned side.

The vast majority of people here from what I have seen this Budda is out of line.

He was made the best paid safety in the league. He's still the 7th highest paid which is more than fair for a guy that's widely considered at least no better than 7th best safety in the league. He agreed the contract that saw all his guarantees paid in the first 2 years, he could have pushed to spread them out over 4 if he wished. He agreed the structure.

The team is absolutely right to tell him to jog on.

If he had greatly improved from 2 years ago and was suddenly a Minkah style ballhawk that got 6 interceptions a year then he might have a case for demanding more of something. But he hasn't.
First of all, it's delusional :BIM:

Second of all, arrogant much? Ban worthy offense, slinging mud with "hey, my side is fair and reasonable and your side is delusional and unreasonable," which is literally what you're saying. It doesn't work, because it's laughable and sad, but wow, man. Try mitigating that uncalled for ego, eh?

Don't worry, I didn't report you :thumbup:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First of all, it's delusional :BIM:

Second of all, arrogant much? Ban worthy offense, slinging mud with "hey, my side is fair and reasonable and your side is delusional and unreasonable," which is literally what you're saying. It doesn't work, because it's laughable and sad, but wow, man. Try mitigating that uncalled for ego, eh?

Don't worry, I didn't report you :thumbup:

I was clearly talking about the Org vs Baker's camp.

Budda has been smoking too much of his own supply. He's a very good, not great safety that's very well paid. He's excellent at some aspects of the game. You cannot fault his commitment, tackling and leadership, he's elite in the regard, but he's flawed in coverage and he's flatlined for the last few years.

His best year was his contract year, he got paid, and he hasn't progressed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson