Week 15 2022: Heroes and Goats

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I watched every snap from this game live. It felt like coming home. This is the kind of Arizona Cardinals football longtime fans are used to: boring, low-quality, and meaningless. Team results are subordinate to individual success, and we start fighting over whether the best players on the roster deserve to stay, assuming that everyone else is replaceable (because they are) and less responsible for the outcome of the game (they are not).

So, what do we watch for over these last few weeks? Continuing to pile on Trey McBride seems like a bad idea — tight end is one of the slowest-developing positions in the NFL (Tony Gonzalez had 368 yards and 2 TDs his rookie season). I'll be watching our young pass rushers Cam Thomas and Myjai Sanders for signs of life and the potential to be complementary edge rushers in the future. Of course, they combined for 22 total snaps this week. :barf:

You must be registered for see images attach

J.J. Watt - Now, this is a guy who is not ready to go quietly into that good night. He knows that someone is going to turn on film of the last four games of the Cards season to try and convince themselves that it should be spelled J.J. Washed. Instead, they're going to see a guy fighting to get paid $10 million annually for the next three years.

Christian Matthew - Good on you, rook. Matthew played the third-most snaps on the team and acquitted himself pretty well for a late-round rookie following around Jerry Jeudy. He had five tackles and a pass defensed.

Kliff Kingsbury - I have your back, Kliff. He was within a missed PI call of being within one score with six minutes on the clock playing with his third-string quarterback for most of the second half. This was while his backups combined for two turnovers and six three-and-outs.

You must be registered for see images attach

Marquise "Hollywood" Brown - Hollywood brought in half his targets for a massive 4.8 yards per reception. He played mostly out of the slot in three-WR sets. Since his injury in Week 6 (and Nuk returning from suspension), he's boasting a 58% catch rate for 7.1 yards per reception and 0 TDs. Nice job!

Zaven Collins - Tall Jordan Hicks had eight combined tackles and zero impact plays yesterday. You can find him getting pushed out of the hole or running past it on many plays. Here's a shocking stat: in 14 games this season, he has one more pass defensed than he did last season, when he barely played. Yowza.

Leki Fotu - Like much of the roster, it's not really Fotu's fault that he's a starter. He's probably doing what he can; he's just not good enough. No one likes a big fat nose tackle more than I do, but investing high draft capital at a position that you hope only plays 30-40% of snaps isn't super-efficient. But he's extremely bad and easily moved.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Watt looked like himself five years ago. He was dominant and I hope the Cardinals extend him. I’m looking forward to a whole new coaching staff next year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kliff took a dump with that 2-point attempt, so no hero there. Watt? After missing a significant part of last season and game 1 this season, I really ragged on him and the decision to sign him. He has been a bright spot, though.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I legit thought about extending Brown and even posted about it. Now, I am feeling like that first round pick is a sunk cost. I am not interested in paying Brandin Cooks 20 mil.
This time next year people will be saying that Sanders is playing like a first rounder so if you consider Brown the third rounder the trade is Actually Good.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Drafting Collins over Jaelan Phillips looks pretty rough right now. In fairness, it looked rough when it happened, too. I lost count of how many times I watched Zaven with his head turned the wrong way when the ball was snapped because he was still trying to figure out the alignment.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drafting Collins over Jaelan Phillips looks pretty rough right now. In fairness, it looked rough when it happened, too. I lost count of how many times I watched Zaven with his head turned the wrong way when the ball was snapped because he was still trying to figure out the alignment.
To be fair, Jaelen did have like 100 concussions in college so I understand not drafting him.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Kliff took a dump with that 2-point attempt, so no hero there.
in the 4th quarter -- going for two is 100% the right call there

if you need two more scores to win/tie-- its better to know that with 7 mins to play rather than 1 min to play.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
To be fair, Jaelen did have like 100 concussions in college so I understand not drafting him.
The gross part is that we passed on
Phillips
Kwity Paye
Rousseau
Oweh
Tyon
Ojulari

so, even if Phillips was too risky, so many other edge options available.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I legit thought about extending Brown and even posted about it. Now, I am feeling like that first round pick is a sunk cost. I am not interested in paying Brandin Cooks 20 mil.
man... this all day long.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Phillips
Kwity Paye
Rousseau
Oweh
Tyon
Ojulari

Oweh actually has been really bad. He was billed as a project, but it looks like he has regressed. Him & Phillips the only ones I’m not mad at we passed on at this very moment.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This time next year people will be saying that Sanders is playing like a first rounder so if you consider Brown the third rounder the trade is Actually Good.
my crystal ball says your crystal ball into the cardncub/britcard fans of the world will be superbly on point by this time next year..

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Phillips
Kwity Paye
Rousseau
Oweh

Tyon
Ojulari

setting aside Keim's rhetoric that you have to draft the expensive to sign in FA positions, and, he knew Chandler was coming to the end of his deal...............

the bolded guys scream Keim: super athletic guys that, if for that one ?, would be drafted far higher.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
A sunk first round pick? NEver seen that before

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose