We Traded For a CB - Trayvon Mullen

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given the following scenario: Mullens has a decent year but we don't re-sign him and he gets an average contract with another team.

Are we then eligible for a comp pick?

I will let someone else answer this.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Why is everyone so down on Wilson? He was a rookie that played well until exposed then everyone followed the trend. It’s up to him to bounce back. I see glimpses of improvement. Typically, he has good coverage but can’t seem to break up the pass. His next improvement is to reduce completion % against him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the move. Cheap. No downside.

He started with Simmons at Clemson so he has that connection to help him get up to speed. Highly familiar with the AFC West obviously who we play 4 times.

I don't think this was a "Mullen is available shall we trade for him?" scenario. I think they scouted the scheme fit and went after him.

I don't think he's a future #1 though. Good #2 at best.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Solid trade. It doesn't make up for the complete lack of planning for the CB room, but he is better than Whitaker or Josh Jackson, so that's something.

Still need another outside corner. I have no faith in Marco Wilson.

We went 11-6 with rookie Wilson starting and he ain't got worse. So big shrug.gif.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Is he better than Alford? I don’t think so! If he wants to play & the Cards haven’t reach out to him they deserve to get roasted in the passing game for the next 17 weeks

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The good news is he got worse every season he’s been in the NFL. Krang will be happy to know his career QB rating when targeted is in the mid-80s.
Gotta have some Bird City belief

The bad news is he'll not have a lot time to adjust to the system.

The good news is he knows whats its like to get torched by the Chiefs. So he knows what not to do.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thinking about it, Mullen is the Raiders version of Byron Murphy.

Shown flashes, never been consistent enough, 4th year etc. Raiders not living in some fever dream where they pretend he's great though.

If anything Mullen has been better than Murphy so if you like Murphy you can't complain.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard