We are stuck with Keim, Kliff and Kyler for a long time...

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's one game man. Can we have this conversation after maybe 8 games?
Then, when they are 2-6 (I'm being an optimist), it will be something like "It's only 8 games, there is more than half of the season left. Can we talk after maybe 17 games?". You are the eternal "everything is beautiful" guy. LOL

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Michael needs to sell the plane and get someone to take control of the draft. Keim can do everything else, but he obviously can't draft. Do all GM's have full draft authority? Serious question, because this is not working.
MB in order wants:

1. An errand boy who lets him meddle

Grand Canyon sized gap here

2. Someone who picks good players and coaches

Once you understand this then you see why that even if Keim gets ran we are looking at Adrian Wilson or some other internal promotion. Owner is the problem here guys.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
MB in order wants:

Once you understand this then you see why that even if Keim gets ran we are looking at Adrian Wilson or some other internal promotion. Owner is the problem here guys.
This is 100% true but also very depressing.

It starts with Bidwill. It then goes to Keim because Bidwill has kept him in his role despite Keim not being very good at it. It then goes to Kliff and Kyler. Kliff because he is too hands off and too player friendly and Kyler because he doesn't think he is the problem which prevents him for adjusting his routine.

Either way, this was one game and not really how I believe the majority of our season will go. We went up against a buzz saw at QB with two CBs out (once again, Keim's ineptitude on display here). The offense looked like it it didn't get enough reps together in the offseason and the QB still looks like a guy who is contact averse and puts in the asked amount of work.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is going to be a long season. It's not just the first game loss, this is not a good team. We did not have a good off season in free agency or the draft. The problem starts at the very top with Michael Bidwill. Owners impact teams. As many of you on the Board have stated the extensions of Keim and KK made no sense especially after the late season crash. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. Sorry, but MB is not selling the team, it will stay in the Bidwill family. Too much money in NFL ownership to sell. Bottom line for all of us is that we just have to hope the current team gets better and wins some games.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MB in order wants:

Just like we beat to death last year. He's Jerry Jones 2.0.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The difference is that many of us saw this coming a mile away and talked about it all offseason, while others waged a smarmy campaign of "how dare you be negative everything's going to be fine." Now, we see that everything's not fine and we get smarmy "Well, this is one game but everything will be fine" messages. The same problems are going to exist moving forward, to one degree or another. This roster and coaching staff isn't going to be reconstructed overnight.

You even tried to pre-game your excuses by telling us a blowout loss wouldn't be the end of the world before the game.

The issues are real. They are glaring, and they've been staring us in the face for months. Let's face up to them rather than avoid them.

No, you spent all off season making comments like below. It's nothing to do with your opinion on the roster and never has been. "I don't think this roster is very good because X" is a perfectly reasonable position to take. "I don't like this trade because of Y" can be discussed.

This thread should be subtitled "Why bother?"

My issue, with all of you, has been the constant dunking on everything.

Cards sign Max Garcia due to unforeseeable injuries "This franchise is shambolic" says Stout.

We had darksiders trying to rewrite last season to say that we were bad for over half the season even though we were 10-2 and literally nobody said we were bad during that stretch and any time.

It's become a game. It's become like people on Twitter that just go on there to blow off steam and call people racist or fascist. Or snowflake or *******. Every thread of here has 10 guy posting nothing constructive or debatable" "JFC, Keim sucks". "This org is a joke. Fire everyone".

You say I'm "Pollyanna" but everything I post is something you can debate with me. Imagine you had to read 40 posts a day that just said "This franchise is awesome" and "Steve Keim rules".

The weird thing is, it's WORSE now than it's ever been after having our best season in 8 years. There's more **** posting on here in the last 9 months than there was during the previous 2 seasons.

I'm done with it. It's making this place miserable. You do you but I don't have to listen to it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then, when they are 2-6 (I'm being an optimist), it will be something like "It's only 8 games, there is more than half of the season left. Can we talk after maybe 17 games?". You are the eternal "everything is beautiful" guy. LOL

I'm really not. I'm I "Let's see the actual evidence before making a decision" guy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is 100% true but also very depressing.

It starts with Bidwill. It then goes to Keim because Bidwill has kept him in his role despite Keim not being very good at it. It then goes to Kliff and Kyler. Kliff because he is too hands off and too player friendly and Kyler because he doesn't think he is the problem which prevents him for adjusting his routine.

Either way, this was one game and not really how I believe the majority of our season will go. We went up against a buzz saw at QB with two CBs out (once again, Keim's ineptitude on display here). The offense looked like it it didn't get enough reps together in the offseason and the QB still looks like a guy who is contact averse and puts in the asked amount of work.

More people should be like Chopper. Chopper is sensible. Or y'all just going to accuse him of being an "Everything is great" guy?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone complaining that any of us are complaining about Kiem and Kingsbury need to understand 95% of us were complying agout the the day they signed an extension WHICH NEITHER DESERVED! Add Kyler to that mix.
Most of the things we were concerned about are happening right before our eyes.
We looked exactly like the same team over the last 6 games. Please don’t think that Watt, Ford and Mullens would have made a difference. We got shellacked and it appears we are in for more of the same whenever we face a decent offense and/or defense.
Kiems problem is he tried to patchwork holes instead of creating a strength. He should have been trying to build the biggest, baddest front 7 possible. Imagine if we kept Reddick and Devonte Campbell and used our last two first round picks on the d-line and an edge rusher( to replace Jones). Instead we spend a gazillions dollars on a broken d-lineman with a wonderful history.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No, you spent all off season making comments like below. It's nothing to do with your opinion on the roster and never has been. "I don't think this roster is very good because X" is a perfectly reasonable position to take. "I don't like this trade because of Y" can be discussed.

My issue, with all of you, has been the constant dunking on everything.

Cards sign Max Garcia due to unforeseeable injuries "This franchise is shambolic" says Stout.

We had darksiders trying to rewrite last season to say that we were bad for over half the season even though we were 10-2 and literally nobody said we were bad during that stretch and any time.

It's become a game. It's become like people on Twitter that just go on there to blow off steam and call people racist or fascist. Or snowflake or *******. Every thread of here has 10 guy posting nothing constructive or debatable" "JFC, Keim sucks". "This org is a joke. Fire everyone".

You say I'm "Pollyanna" but everything I post is something you can debate with me. Imagine you had to read 40 posts a day that just said "This franchise is awesome" and "Steve Keim rules".

The weird thing is, it's WORSE now than it's ever been after having our best season in 8 years. There's more **** posting on here in the last 9 months than there was during the previous 2 seasons.

I'm done with it. It's making this place miserable. You do you but I don't have to listen to it.
And our issue is that you argue every single negative take and actively try to devalue others' opinions simply because they're negative. And you continually either misrepresent those opinions or outright change them to suit your narrative. For instance my "This franchise is shambolic" quote. You try to represent that as if I was panning the signing. Not at all; go back and read how I said it was a good signing under the circumstances, but the circumstances themselves are shambolic--i.e., Keim re-signing aging veterans and expecting them to stay healthy, in this instance.

I've actually given credit where credit is due when I see a positive. Hell, I just gave Zaven Collins, a player I don't rate at all, some credit today, after that defensive crapfest. I'm also actually insanely positive when things are going well. I was predicting ginormous wins last season when we were playing well. The problem is, when a team and owners and GM and players and "star" QB burns you as unforgivably badly as happened last year, I revert to remembering what this franchise is overall: an absolute joke. Same old Cards. That is hard to get away from when we only see tiny slivers of hope in a historic body of crap work.

I'm done justifying negative views. I'm done dealing with the "but your opinion isn't really accurate" when I see bad things unfolding right in front of my face. I'm tired of how snide and condescending you are that anyone ever dare utter a negative opinion, like you feel they are uneducated in football matters or are dumb or just don't understand. You're a freaking fan just like the rest of us. You're on record that you love the direction this franchise is headed and are a big fan of the organization. Cool. Lots of us aren't. Lots of us have concerns with our star QB and think Keim sucks and can't build a roster long-term. You seem pathologically unable to accept anyone taking shots at them, even when those shots are clearly valid. Tough. Suck it up and drive on. If you think you're going to change people or make them feel bad for their opinions on what they see and read, well, you'll be sorely disappointed.

Stout

Reaction score
Put me on ignore if you don't like what I post. I'm good with that. I never have, nor will I (unless someone is truly toxic), put any poster on ignore. I might simply ignore what a poster posts, though. When I agree with you, like I sometimes do with @BritCard, I'll like your post or say so. When I disagree, ditto. I'm not a sugar coater or someone who suffers incompetence in this organization well. This franchise hasn't earned that leeway. Until we have a culture of winning and some long-term success, they will always be suspect.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OK. Help me understand. Why did Keim think defense or offense (even Kicker) will be good without any surgery following a 2-6 end to the season? Cardinals peaked week 10 last season.

Only reason I can think is there there is no emphasis on winning for this football club. For them, every thing is a PR issue even win or loss record. It can be managed as long as dollars come in.

Why do you all, for reals, care for this club even?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Put me on ignore if you don't like what I post. I'm good with that. I never have, nor will I (unless someone is truly toxic), put any poster on ignore. I might simply ignore what a poster posts, though. When I agree with you, like I sometimes do with @BritCard, I'll like your post or say so. When I disagree, ditto. I'm not a sugar coater or someone who suffers incompetence in this organization well. This franchise hasn't earned that leeway. Until we have a culture of winning and some long-term success, they will always be suspect.

My issue has always been with the pointless snipping as I explained above. The posts that are equivalent to "Keim sucks".

Keim could trade for Jaire Alexander or AJ Terrell and there would be a post within the first 5 replies that would say "We wouldn't have to if Keim could draft".

As I said, weirdly it's got far worse after going 11-6. Like fans can't forgive the franchise for going 10-2 and giving them hope and then falling flat. I'm sure the would get less grief had they gone 7-10.

But as I say, you do you. It's up to you what to you want to post and up to everyone else what they want to read. But there are some guys here that used to post good constructive stuff that seem to have just gone full tilt on the hate and venom for the past 9 months.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My issue has always been with the pointless snipping as I explained above. The posts that are equivalent to "Keim sucks".

Keim could trade for Jaire Alexander or AJ Terrell and there would be a post within the first 5 replies that would say "We wouldn't have to if Keim could draft".

As I said, weirdly it's got far worse after going 11-6. Like fans can't forgive the franchise for going 10-2 and giving them hope and then falling flat. I'm sure the would get less grief had they gone 7-10.

But as I say, you do you. It's up to you what to you want to post and up to everyone else what they want to read. But there are some guys here that used to post good constructive stuff that seem to have just gone full tilt on the hate and venom for the past 9 months.
My primary issue with Keim is he was GM for a decade or so now, has one playoff win. Is that a standard even worth debating with Keim supporters?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think the reason it's gotten worse, regardless of the record last year, is that all three of these cornerstones of the franchise were mysteriously heavily rewarded with lengthy and lucrative extensions after fading down the stretch, something they've done three years in a row. It's like if at work I had a reputation for being a dynamo and a real up and comer but then right before reviews came up, I very clearly was the reason we messed up a project and lost our biggest account. And then the company doubled down on me by giving me a bunch of guaranteed money for the next decade when they could have waited for me to prove it.

Now we're stuck with them, and that's particularly bleak. I don't want to do this for another 6 years. I don't want to say "oh we have a lot of cap space" in tandem with "but we need to sign 40 guys." Nor do I want our QB and HC's best talents to be Twitch streaming and sliding into Instagram DMs, respectively.

Stout

Reaction score
I think the reason it's gotten worse, regardless of the record last year, is that all three of these cornerstones of the franchise were mysteriously heavily rewarded with lengthy and lucrative extensions after fading down the stretch, something they've done three years in a row. It's like if at work I had a reputation for being a dynamo and a real up and comer but then right before reviews came up, I very clearly was the reason we messed up a project and lost our biggest account. And then the company doubled down on me by giving me a bunch of guaranteed money for the next decade when they could have waited for me to prove it.

Now we're stuck with them, and that's particularly bleak. I don't want to do this for another 6 years. I don't want to say "oh we have a lot of cap space" in tandem with "but we need to sign 40 guys." Nor do I want our QB and HC's best talents to be Twitch streaming and sliding into Instagram DMs, respectively.
Does the rot go so deep, and the "who cares, we're making money" angle run so bad that Keim was given the big deal with the understanding he's going to spend little so MB can pocket more $$$? Because this offseason's lack of spending when we should be doing our damdest to contend is absolutely mystifying.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Weren't the majority on this board clamoring for Kyler to get paid? You got your wish. Our 1/4 of a billion dollar QB looked exactly like the final 1/3 of last season.

I think "middling" might be a tad optimistic. The defense is a complete dumpster and the offense isn't much better.
Yeah because that's how seasons work

everything that occurred in our putrid off-season signaled that the trend from the end of last year was going to continue.

Stout

Reaction score
Weren't the majority on this board clamoring for Kyler to get paid? You got your wish. Our 1/4 of a billion dollar QB looked exactly like the final 1/3 of last season.

I think "middling" might be a tad optimistic. The defense is a complete dumpster and the offense isn't much better.

everything that occurred in our putrid off-season signaled that the trend from the end of last year was going to continue.
Not I, said the fly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose