Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just saw this mock draft and trade at CBS Sports.com

You must be registered for see images

Raiders

Cardinals trade No. 1 for No. 4, 24, 106

Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
There's still plenty of time for Oakland to fall in love with a quarterback, whether it's Murray or Dwayne Haskins or Drew Lock. Derek Carr was far from the Raiders' biggest issue last year, but that doesn't mean we should rule out Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock deciding to go all-in on a QB with a higher ceiling.

I'd make that deal.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Raiders

There's still plenty of time for Oakland to fall in love with a quarterback, whether it's Murray or Dwayne Haskins or Drew Lock. Derek Carr was far from the Raiders' biggest issue last year, but that doesn't mean we should rule out Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock deciding to go all-in on a QB with a higher ceiling.

I'd make that deal.

The author of this mock has the Cards getting Quinnen Williams at #4 and T. J. Hockenson at #24.

Cardinals

Cardinals get No. 4, 24, 106 for No. 1

Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama
The Cardinals are able to pick up an extra first-round pick by moving down just three spots, which leaves them in a position to draft Bosa, Williams or Josh Allen. While edge rusher is seemingly a bigger need, Williams just might be a better player than Allen.

Cardinals

T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
This would be a great place for the Cardinals to bring in offensive line help after adding this pick in their move down from No. 1, but they're picking again at No. 33 and should have plenty of options. So instead they tap the best tight end of the draft, who has a case to go in the top 10, as both blocking help and a key weapon for Josh Rosen.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

Raiders

I proposed a similar trade in a different thread a while back. However I wanted next years 1st from Oak instead of #106. Now this is a more realistic trade and i would do it in a heartbeat. I hope it happens somehow. It would still leave Oak with another 1st rd pick later also. Only takes one team to fall for Murray. Just hope it is not us.

Listening to Kiem he sounds like he wants to trade back imo.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I proposed a similar trade in a different thread a while back. However I wanted next years 1st from Oak instead of #106. Now this is a more realistic trade and i would do it in a heartbeat. I hope it happens somehow. It would still leave Oak with another 1st rd pick later also. Only takes one team to fall for Murray. Just hope it is not us.

Listening to Kiem he sounds like he wants to trade back imo.
It all boils down to how highly bunched the top 5 - 10 picks are considered to be talent-wise.

For example: If Keim feels Bosa, Allen, Q Williams, Murray and 1 other are rated close to one another, it makes sense to trade down to no farther than 5.

But if, say, Bosa is rated far better than each of the other 4 guys, we should keep the #1 pick and select Bosa.

What we should not do is "trade beyond ourselves" and hope the team ahead of us doesn't draft the guy we wanted.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Didn’t the bears give up more to get Trubisky? I think we can get more than this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I don’t know why everyone thinks the raiders are so anxious to trade their accumulated picks.
Especially with Mayock at the helm. I don’t see any scenario where they trade up and lose all of that capital.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
I don’t know why everyone thinks the raiders are so anxious to trade their accumulated picks.

Therein lies the problem. I don't think they will. Murray/Haskins would have to blow someone away. That's why i can only hope it to happen.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottom line , we are in the rare position to draft the best player in college. If we believe it’s Bosa then draft him. Unless we think a guy like Oliver is truly the best guy then we could trade down. Otherwise let’s not get cute. As it stands we get 4 of the top 100 players in the draft.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Players confirmed to have met with Cardinals
  • Corey Ballentine, CB, Washburn (SR)
  • Nick Bosa, DE/3-4OLB, Ohio State (COM)
  • Kris Boyd, CB, Texas (SR)
  • Jordan Brailford, DE, Oklahoma State (EW)
  • Blake Cashman, ILB, Minnesota (COM)
  • C.J. Conrad, TE, Kentucky (EW)
  • Dennis Daley, OT, South Carolina (SR)
  • Lamont Gaillard, G, Georgia (EW)
  • Gerri Green, OLB, Mississippi State (SR)
  • Tim Harris, CB, Virginia (EW)
  • Jalen Jelks, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Oregon (SR)
  • Tyree St. Louis, OT, Miami (EW)
  • Daylon Mack, DT/NT, Texas A&M (EW)
  • Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma (COM)
  • Anthony Nelson, DE/3-4DE, Iowa (SR)
  • Bobby Okereke, ILB, Stanford (SR)
  • Dax Raymond, TE, Utah State (SR)
  • Quinnen Williams, DT/3-4DE, Alabama (COM)

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/prospectMeetings/byteam#kDRGVWKuVHeIe8zo.99

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The author of this mock has the Cards getting Quinnen Williams at #4 and T. J. Hockenson at #24.

Cardinals

Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama
The Cardinals are able to pick up an extra first-round pick by moving down just three spots, which leaves them in a position to draft Bosa, Williams or Josh Allen. While edge rusher is seemingly a bigger need, Williams just might be a better player than Allen.

Cardinals

T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
This would be a great place for the Cardinals to bring in offensive line help after adding this pick in their move down from No. 1, but they're picking again at No. 33 and should have plenty of options. So instead they tap the best tight end of the draft, who has a case to go in the top 10, as both blocking help and a key weapon for Josh Rosen.

This would be a franchise changer IMO. I don't trust that it would fall that way, but this would be the move if you wanted to shoot for the moon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson