Watching the Twins succeed from afar.....

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm just going to miss these two. Looking back, it made total sense that we traded them away but I think this thread may be one we all need to properly appreciate their hoped for success in the coming years.

Mikal Bridges Reveals His Favorite Athlete Growing Up Was... Kevin Durant​

Former Phoenix Suns forward Mikal Bridges was filming content for the Brooklyn Nets' media team and revealed his favorite athlete growing was - indeed - Kevin Durant.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly I’m really starting to hate this. Suns Twitter and Reddit are nothing but Bridges/Cam post now.

I like them both but they are role players. I’ve never seen anything like this. We got Kevin Durant and you would think we traded a prime Lebron

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Honestly I’m really starting to hate this. Suns Twitter and Reddit are nothing but Bridges/Cam post now.

I like them both but they are role players. I’ve never seen anything like this. We got Kevin Durant and you would think we traded a prime Lebron
I’m not mad at the trade. In fact…. I love it.

Doesn’t stop how happy these two made me feel while they were here. Probably my favorite Suns since Amare and way back Jeff Hornacek.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Feels like one of those "THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY" breakups where you had a great relationship but for whatever reason, timing, etc. it just didn't work out in the moment. Left on good terms but you know that in all reality, unless the stars align perfectly, the chances of reuniting in the future are slim to none. Honestly, unless it's some Hollywood script, how many real life situations have people gotten back with a significant partner that they deemed too good to lose?

We are probably just going through the stages of grief and reflecting on all the good memories lol... We did replace our former flame with a better (one of the BEST) versions... albeit a little older ;)

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Given how pro sports works these days, it was unlikely either was going to be here for the long haul, anyway. In fact, there was a good probability one or both would be gone in the very next major trade the Suns made, anyway, regardless if it was for Durant or someone else.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Maybe one day, when Durant actually plays in a game, it will go along way in making people feel better about this potential disaster.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Suns twitter has been going downhill for a while now. There are a few good ppl to follow but it’s mostly trolls and overly emotional fans now.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really hope these guys make their way back to the Phoenix Suns roster someday. Torrey Craig and TJ Warren did, so maybe they can too.
Looks like TJ Warren is going to be DNP's and then leave in the summer.

It's just never the same. Loved that team while we had them. Time to move on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe one day, when Durant actually plays in a game, it will go along way in making people feel better about this potential disaster.
Comments like this keep ignoring we already saw LITERAL DISASTER last season in the playoffs WITH these guys. And before you waive the excuse flag of Covid over that, at the beginning of the season, even when relatively healthy we were merely above average, padding our record against bad teams while getting routinely crushed by good teams. I mean… are you guys all forgetting the 30 point beatdowns where we had our asses handed to us against the Bostons/Dallas’ of the world… and even against lesser teams THIS season with Book/Bridges/Ayton on the court?

There was no sure thing that a team revolving around the Book/Ayton/Bridges trio was going to contend even THIS year, much less moving forward and that’s because you can’t build a legit contender around one superstar (yet not a unicorn superstar) and two good, but wildly inconsistent second and third bananas.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re becoming 1Sun-esque; sounding exactly like him when CP3 looked like crap during the first 10 games of CP3’s run here… almost like you want the trade to be a disaster to be proven right, rather than actually see it succeed.

Try and have just a smidge of patience before declaring the team dead, now
and forever.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Comments like this keep ignoring we already saw LITERAL DISASTER last season in the playoffs WITH these guys. And before you waive the excuse flag of Covid over that, at the beginning of the season, even when relatively healthy we were merely above average, padding our record against bad teams while getting routinely crushed by good teams. I mean… are you guys all forgetting the 30 point beatdowns where we had our asses handed to us against the Bostons/Dallas’ of the world… and even against lesser teams THIS season with Book/Bridges/Ayton on the court?

There was no sure thing that a team revolving around the Book/Ayton/Bridges trio was going to contend even THIS year, much less moving forward and that’s because you can’t build a legit contender around one superstar (yet not a unicorn superstar) and two good, but wildly inconsistent second and third bananas.
I blame Covid for our embarrassing exit last season but I don't blame it for our exit, that was happening regardless. We had a chance the year before where everything bounced our way until the Bucks series but we were outclassed by a handful of teams last year even with our gaudy record.

Once CP3 stopped playing like a top10 player, we became a pretty good team in a league that had a handful of better teams. This year, CP3 has declined even more and the idea of winning it all with this group was farfetched. But IMO it only becomes slightly less farfetched with Durant here. I just don't believe we are winning a championship anytime soon.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It can’t be any worse than a total collapse in the finals and then following that up with a historical NBA collapse last season.

Either we or going to add to that legacy or win it all.

Either way, this team wasn’t coming back mentally from the two disasters the last two seasons without a shake up.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’re becoming 1Sun-esque; sounding exactly like him when CP3 looked like crap during the first 10 games of CP3’s run here… almost like you want the trade to be a disaster to be proven right, rather than actually see it succeed.

and forever.
Was 1sun the crazy Shaq fan who just posted here with Shaq on suns and vanished after the Shaq failure? Lol

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I blame Covid for our embarrassing exit last season but I don't blame it for our exit, that was happening regardless. We had a chance the year before where everything bounced our way until the Bucks series but we were outclassed by a handful of teams last year even with our gaudy record.

Once CP3 stopped playing like a top10 player, we became a pretty good team in a league that had a handful of better teams. This year, CP3 has declined even more and the idea of winning it all with this group was farfetched. But IMO it only becomes slightly less farfetched with Durant here. I just don't believe we are winning a championship anytime soon.

People really forget once we locked up the 1 seed we really started to slip. We did not look good the last month of the season last year

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People really forget once we locked up the 1 seed we really started to slip. We did not look good the last month of the season last year
Yeah we didn't look good the last few weeks of the season but I grew concerned well before that. CP started being a liability most nights until the closing stretch of the game where he'd turn back the clock. I figured it was just a matter of time before some coach figured out how expoitable he was.

And somewhere around the trade deadline Boston, Memphis, Dallas and Milwaukee all started playing better than us and New Orleans wasn't far behind. It never crossed my mind that GS would turn it on too but I always figured there were too many teams at or above our level for us to string together postseason victories. Especially given the likelihood that CP woud take another drop come playoff time.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

and forever.

I hope it works, I am going to be there on the 8th when Durant, hopefully, makes his debut.

However, when I see the cost dismissed as "a couple role players and late round picks" am going to continue to point out that it was a DPOY candidate and all-NBA defender, another premiere 3 and D guy in Cam and a bunch of picks that won't convey until Durant is likely retired.

It's a HUGE cost. No one in their mid 30s has ever been traded at even close to such a price, especially with his health questions.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to give the wrong name because it didn't show up in a search.

I'm wondering if he was banned?
It was Andrew. I think he left on his own if I remember correctly. I remember talking with him on RealGM a couple times. Then he did a youtube channel for a short time. Lost track of him after that.

Still crazy Shaq stuff ensued.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah we didn't look good the last few weeks of the season but I grew concerned well before that. CP started being a liability most nights until the closing stretch of the game where he'd turn back the clock. I figured it was just a matter of time before some coach figured out how expoitable he was.

And somewhere around the trade deadline Boston, Memphis, Dallas and Milwaukee all started playing better than us and New Orleans wasn't far behind. It never crossed my mind that GS would turn it on too but I always figured there were too many teams at or above our level for us to string together postseason victories. Especially given the likelihood that CP woud take another drop come playoff time.

The Suns needed a player, then and now, that can make a big shot other than Booker. Hopefully, the Suns have added two more players that can do this in Terrence Ross and Kevin Durant.

Chris Paul was the other player until they reached the Finals against the Bucks. There were injury issues as well which I will not dwell on. He can still be the other player on some nights.

Hopefully with Paul, Booker, Durant, Ross, Ayton and a healthy Cam Payne the Suns will be much tougher to hand on offense although the defense needs to improve.

Josh Okogie could be the wild card on any given night. I like the no fear part of his game.

Hopefully, with so many offensive weapons, this should fix any hitch in the Suns giddyup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose