Warriors @ Suns Christmas Day game thread 12-25-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors visit the Suns for a nationally televised game on Saturday, Christmas Day.

Warriors are 26-6 after beating the Grizzlies at home tonight.

Suns are 26-5 and have won five straight games after beating the Thunder.

This game will be for 1st place in the West.

It will be televised on ABC.

Start time is scheduled for 3 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Kerr doesn't anticipate Andrew Wiggins or Jordan Poole to return in time for the game on Christmas Day.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Kerr doesn't anticipate Andrew Wiggins or Jordan Poole to return in time for the game on Christmas Day.

Gotta take advantage of Omicron before it inevitably hits the Suns.

Can’t wait for this game. I wonder if there’s ever been a Xmas Day game with a better combined record of 51-11 between the two teams. Maybe during the Bulls 70 win season heyday?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can’t wait for this game. I wonder if there’s ever been a Xmas Day game with a better combined record of 51-11 between the two teams. Maybe during the Bulls 70 win season heyday?

I don't even want to think about that right now. The Suns are one of five teams that haven't had a player in health and safety protocols thus far this month.

The combined records of both teams are amazing. I don't know when it's been better.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steph Curry had one of his better games in awhile against the Grizzlies.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There is talk that the NBA might start letting asymptomatic players play, even with a positive test. Hopefully it comes to pass before our team gets hit.

I know a few people who have tested positive recently... granted that we plebs are not informed of the strain we caught, but of the 4 people I know who have tested positive, 3 have had little more than a brief mild cough and runny nose. If it was 3 years ago they wouldn't thought anything of it. The 4th has classic covid symptoms and got sick nearly 2 weeks ago. He is feeling better now but given that he lost his sense of taste and smell, I doubt he got the new strain.

But he's a government lawyer... he had no taste in the first place!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The Suns have now won 20 straight games that Booker has played in. Let's see if they can make 21 straight tomorrow.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Suns have now won 20 straight games that Booker has played in. Let's see if they can make 21 straight tomorrow.
Didn’t realize that. Tomorrow will be very interesting. But without Poole or Wiggins, I don’t see the Warriors with enough firepower if we’re hitting shots.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson says playing on Christmas Day is like a dream come true.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn’t realize that. Tomorrow will be very interesting. But without Poole or Wiggins, I don’t see the Warriors with enough firepower if we’re hitting shots.
I’d say I agree but Steph could also go nuclear lol. He’s never played well on Christmas and I don’t expect him to shoot 3/14 again with multiple airballs. If we can make this a half court game, I like our chances. Low 100’s I think we win. Ayton and Bridges will be the keys to us winning the battle of the boards/and trying to contain Steph. I don’t think I’ve ever been as excited for a regular season game as this one. Everyone is proclaiming GS the favorite. But I know we’ve got something to say. Let’s go Suns!!!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’d say I agree but Steph could also go nuclear lol. He’s never played well on Christmas and I don’t expect him to shoot 3/14 again with multiple airballs. If we can make this a half court game, I like our chances. Low 100’s I think we win. Ayton and Bridges will be the keys to us winning the battle of the boards/and trying to contain Steph. I don’t think I’ve ever been as excited for a regular season game as this one. Everyone is proclaiming GS the favorite. But I know we’ve got something to say. Let’s go Suns!!!
Steph can't beat us by himself.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker talks about the honor of playing on Christmas Day.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our key to this game again is our bench. If CJ is on again and McGee doesn’t do anything foolish, and Payne doesn’t go solo then we win this.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Updated Warriors injury report.

Andre Iguodala is QUESTIONABLE.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I haven't seen a line but without Wiggins and Poole (and Iggy and Lee in the last game too) I don't think anybody is favoring the Warriors in this game.

Last game both Kuminga and Moody had to play minutes in the middle of the game and both got worked although Kuminga made a couple of 3's. The key in that game was Payton made 4 threes and had 22 which gave enough offense outside of Curry to win the game. They were 19-40 from 3 in that game it was the sole reason they beat the Grizz.

I would add if the same lineup starts Looney, Porter, Draymond, Steph and GP2 they were awfully good on defense but the Grizz didn't have Ayton.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a line but without Wiggins and Poole (and Iggy and Lee in the last game too) I don't think anybody is favoring the Warriors in this game.

Last game both Kuminga and Moody had to play minutes in the middle of the game and both got worked although Kuminga made a couple of 3's. The key in that game was Payton made 4 threes and had 22 which gave enough offense outside of Curry to win the game. They were 19-40 from 3 in that game it was the sole reason they beat the Grizz.

I would add if the same lineup starts Looney, Porter, Draymond, Steph and GP2 they were awfully good on defense but the Grizz didn't have Ayton.

Curry had a really good game against the Grizzlies looking at the stats. They can win any given game when he plays well. The Warriors have nice chemistry.

The Suns rely on there duo of centers as defensive anchors in the middle which allows them to take some defensive chances they might not be able to do otherwise although they switch well.

When the Suns are playing good defense they get their hands on a lot of balls.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Merry xmas az sports board fans may it be a good 1 for suns cards as well very nervous on both

Wearin my new murray jersey with honor tod lol

Lets gooooo suns hope to see big gm from book cp3 and monster ayton show up :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andre Iguodala is OUT.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors have a staffing issue. Steve Kerr will be without three of his top four assistants.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the Warriors starting lineup.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says everybody seems ready to go for Suns.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson