Warriors + Cousins = the NBA HAS JUMPED THE SHARK

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
“Sports character” - cripes that isn’t even a real thing. Lighten up Frances.

If it's not a real thing, why attack his? That makes no sense.

You call people names and attack them only to turn around and ask why they're upset. It's really amazing how you don't see that.

You're like a kid who gets caught with their hand in the cookie jar and then tries saying they weren't trying to a get cookie.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

You call people names and attack them only to turn around and ask why they're upset. It's really amazing how you don't see that.

You're like a kid who gets caught with their hand in the cookie jar and then tries saying they weren't trying to a get cookie.
Come on. Lighten up. I disagree a bunch with Cheese and Ouchie, but we are all Suns fans after all. Not like this is the P&R board after all...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand that everything the Warriors have done is legal and legitimate in the current framework of the NBA. Congratulations to them for creating the kind of culture that this works in.

All of the below can be true at the same time:

I, as a Suns fan, would be very happy if we had that roster.

I, as a Suns fan, am concerned how the Suns fit in this current climate with our comparative ownership / standing in the NBA.

I, as a NBA fan, do not like the massive imbalance this is creating in the conferences. The East is basically pointless right now.

I, as a sports fan, do not like an entire season being a relative foregone conclusion 3 months before it even starts.

So I can both applaud them and yet feel it stinks at the same time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winning creates fans. Most fans technically began as 'bandwagon fans'. My 1st memories of the Suns were during their upswing in the late 80s/early 90s. At that time basketball was just beginning to interest me. Had the Suns been terrible at that moment I'd likely be a fan of a different franchise right now.

Not me. I became a Suns fan at the same time... 1988. Same year that the Cardinals got here... and they sure as hell weren't winning save the first 11 games of their inaugural season... where they went 7-4 (beating perennial Super Bowl powers SF and NYG back to back no less). Then they promptly went on a 5 game losing streak to end the season.

Didn't matter... I was hooked on both the second I started to take an interest in sports... and i've been cursed ever since!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaks poorly of your sports character. I became a fan during the drug years because I lived in Phoenix and they were the PHOENIX suns. See how that works? Never understood how parents allow their children to become frontrunning fans.

this is a little lame bro. Especially since I remember you ROOTING FOR THE DAMN LAKERS GROWING UP!!!! Yeah... I see you Ouch. I remember you screaming at the TV watching that Lakers-Utah series in 1987 before the Suns got good again, so take THAT Mr. Character!:D

That said, I'll never understand how Dad could have switched from a RABID Bears fan into a Cardinals fan. I mean, I know how it happened... he moved to AZ, we got season tix and all of us became Cardinals fans. Well... I became a Cardinals fan. You and Brother-Not-Ouchie still loved your Rams and Niners for a couple years until they both sucked and then you guys cursed yourself as Cardinals fans to suck for even longer.

Actually... come to think of it... you were born in LA so, I guess you kinda get a pass for the Lakers/Rams... but still spent almost zero time there in your life.

Which is all to say I HAVE THE BEST SPORTS CHARACTER IN THE FAMILY!

NUMBER 1! NUMBER 1! NUMBER 1!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand that everything the Warriors have done is legal and legitimate in the current framework of the NBA. Congratulations to them for creating the kind of culture that this works in.

All of the below can be true at the same time:

I, as a Suns fan, would be very happy if we had that roster.

I, as a Suns fan, am concerned how the Suns fit in this current climate with our comparative ownership / standing in the NBA.

I, as a NBA fan, do not like the massive imbalance this is creating in the conferences. The East is basically pointless right now.

I, as a sports fan, do not like an entire season being a relative foregone conclusion 3 months before it even starts.

So I can both applaud them and yet feel it stinks at the same time.

Agree with all of this.

They basically created out of nothing what Colangelo almost did with the Suns back in the day. only difference is they're actually winning titles and Barkley and the Boys always choked when the pressure got too tight.

Blegh. For some reason I watched a bunch of Houston-Phoenix highlights from the 1995 Series. It's still boggles my mind how we blew that series. MF'ers!

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Who did I call a name? Another example of you making stuff up to further your argument.

And find me a definition of “sports character.” It’s not real. If you can find me a definition I’ll learn and apologize. Otherwise it’s a crack at choosing a team based on front running. That’s it. Sorry if he took offense to that.

And I don’t attack “people” I attack false statements. Don’t make em I don’t attack. I just genuinely can’t stand when people have to resort to mistruths, exaggerations or hyperbole to argue their point. Just stick to facts. If it’s opinion, state so. You fail to do so with such regularity that it might feel like I’m attacking you but I’m really attacking your misstatements.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
this is a little lame bro. Especially since I remember you ROOTING FOR THE DAMN LAKERS GROWING UP!!!! Yeah... I see you Ouch. I remember you screaming at the TV watching that Lakers-Utah series in 1987 before the Suns got good again, so take THAT Mr. Character!:D

That said, I'll never understand how Dad could have switched from a RABID Bears fan into a Cardinals fan. I mean, I know how it happened... he moved to AZ, we got season tix and all of us became Cardinals fans. Well... I became a Cardinals fan. You and Brother-Not-Ouchie still loved your Rams and Niners for a couple years until they both sucked and then you guys cursed yourself as Cardinals fans to suck for even longer.

Actually... come to think of it... you were born in LA so, I guess you kinda get a pass for the Lakers/Rams... but still spent almost zero time there in your life.

Which is all to say I HAVE THE BEST SPORTS CHARACTER IN THE FAMILY!

NUMBER 1! NUMBER 1! NUMBER 1!
Haha. You play a little loose and fast with the facts but I don’t think any
of us would quibble with your “sports character” (are we really now making this a thing?) being the strongest.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agree with all of this.

They basically created out of nothing what Colangelo almost did with the Suns back in the day. only difference is they're actually winning titles and Barkley and the Boys always choked when the pressure got too tight.

Blegh. For some reason I watched a bunch of Houston-Phoenix highlights from the 1995 Series. It's still boggles my mind how we blew that series. MF'ers!
You’re a sick puppy

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Btw if you go back over the past few months you’ll see that I’ve “liked” quite a few of your posts. Again, it is a comment-by-comment thing with me. Not the poster. I don’t know you guys personally. So I don’t cast judgment on you as an individual. I do, however get to read what you write. And I CAN, and WILL, comment on those. The only people I actually pass judgment upon on the board are those that spew racist, anti-semetic, or other hateful vitriol or the like.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
You've got that wrong. What actually happened is they tried to sign Howard as a FA but in order to do that they needed to dump 3 salaries, Bogut, Biedrins and Richard Jefferson. The rest of the NBA correctly figured out Bogut was still not healthy, so the plan fell through and Howard went to Houston.

The part you're talking about was a proposal from the Lakers, not the Warriors. The Lakers were offering to do a sign and trade with Howard so they signed him, and then the Warriors would trade Thompson, and Barnes, for Howard. The Warriors told the Lakers they were not interested in that deal because they didn't want to give up Klay and Barnes.

What ended up happening? They dumped Biedrins, Jefferson, and Brandon Rush by swinging a 3 team deal, the Jazz got the 3 dumped players, the Nuggets got Randy Foye, Warriors threw in picks to Utah, Denver got some other stuff including an exception, and the Warriors got.... Iguodala!

That wasn't luck it was the Warriors using the system correctly. They wanted Howard, that is the owner Lacob did, but they were smart enough to realize they didn't have enough caproom to get him and trading Klay and Barnes made no sense, so they instead used the Jazz and Nuggets to get enough caproom to get Iggy(who wanted to join the Warriors as a FA), they held onto Bogut who got healthy enough to play a major role in the first title, Iggy was the finals MVP of the first title. The old phrase in sports is sometimes the best trade is the one you don't make, that was a perfect example, they didn't let the Lakers swindle them.

After blowing a 3-1 lead and losing to the Cavs the next year, they used the cap increase correctly, let Barnes and Bogut walk, and used the money to sign Durant. I have been saying for years how critical Iggy has been to the Warriors, and that happened entirely because in the end they were smart enough to not get suckered into a bad deal for Howard.
https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2...iors-eradicating-his-usefulness-in-the-league

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who did I call a name? Another example of you making stuff up to further your argument.

And find me a definition of “sports character.” It’s not real. If you can find me a definition I’ll learn and apologize. Otherwise it’s a crack at choosing a team based on front running. That’s it. Sorry if he took offense to that.

And I don’t attack “people” I attack false statements. Don’t make em I don’t attack. I just genuinely can’t stand when people have to resort to mistruths, exaggerations or hyperbole to argue their point. Just stick to facts. If it’s opinion, state so. You fail to do so with such regularity that it might feel like I’m attacking you but I’m really attacking your misstatements.

Really doing this? It was in your last post.

I'd appreciate it if you quit trying to call me a liar in so many words. Saying that I'm making things up, is essentially calling me a liar as far as I can see and I'd think most would agree with that. Here's the evidence of you clearly calling someone names so, yeah.

“Sports character” - cripes that isn’t even a real thing. Lighten up Frances.

Who is Frances? Sorry but that's not my name and what is it if not some sort of insult? It's not a common expression. The only time i've ever heard that name was the Deadpool movie, as the name of the villain. Don't think that's your meaning but since it's not my name, what is that you're implying?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Really doing this? It was in your last post.

I'd appreciate it if you quit trying to call me a liar in so many words. Saying that I'm making things up, is essentially calling me a liar as far as I can see and I'd think most would agree with that. Here's the evidence of you clearly calling someone names so, yeah.

Who is Frances? Sorry but that's not my name and what is it if not some sort of insult? It's not a common expression. The only time i've ever heard that name was the Deadpool movie, as the name of the villain. Don't think that's your meaning but since it's not my name, what is that you're implying?
Whoa slow down. It’s a quote from Stripes and has been around for 30 years.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Whoa slow down. It’s a quote from Stripes and has been around for 30 years.
And it’s a REALLY common quote. Sorry if the humor was lost on you. Trust me, I’m not calling you “Frances” (which literally has no independent meaning other than being the name of a character in a really popular movie).

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

They'll try to play it off as a quote from Stripes, but in reality it's a bigoted statement. Francis is a feminine name. The thought is calling you a female name implies that you, "like all females", over react.

Just put them on ignore, it makes the forum a better place.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha. You play a little loose and fast with the facts but I don’t think any
of us would quibble with your “sports character” (are we really now making this a thing?) being the strongest.

NUMBER 1! NUMBER1! NUMBER 1!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They'll try to play it off as a quote from Stripes, but in reality it's a bigoted statement. Francis is a feminine name. The thought is calling you a female name implies that you, "like all females", over react.

Huh? That's CLEARLY a Stripes reference! Ouchie and I (and almost anyone else I know) use it all the time with our friends and in no way is it supposed to imply female.

If anything, if it's supposed to imply PSYCHO because that's what Francis was in Stripes.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

The mere fact that you even KNOW it’s a quote and what movie it’s from delegitimzes the pot you’re trying to stir.

And to my recollection Francis has always been a gender neutral name.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hey poop if it helps I wasn’t calling you a girl (not that that would be a insult).

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, put yourself in Cousins's shoes. Would you accept 6-7 million dollar 1 year deal (with his injury, he wasn't getting multi-year deal) ,with say, Dallas or a $5.3 million deal with the best team in B-Ball? If your going to take it in the shorts salary wise, then it is the smart decision to take less in the best place.
Oh I agree that is why I said he is going for his ring next sacrificing money to do so.