Warriors + Cousins = the NBA HAS JUMPED THE SHARK

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Are they still signing Howard to be his backup? Maybe they can get Kemba Walker to backup Curry?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This was a long time coming

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they still signing Howard to be his backup? Maybe they can get Kemba Walker to backup Curry?

We will need to check back later. It's beyond ridiculous

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA is officially the stupidest league in professional sports.

He's not going to play for the first half of the year at least but I agree it's a huge problem for the league when the stars are all consolidating like this.

I also can't for the life of me get why the Warriors want such a volatile personality, from what I hear they had major personality issues last season and several people said Nick young was one of the guys that was a problem because he's so laid back the other guys wanted to see that he actually cared.

Now they bring in a guy who is right there with Draymond for volatility. the money is no huge risk but the chemistry is. ANd if the chemistry works, the NBA has a problem as the team just gets that much better.

On paper they could be starting 5 all stars by playoff time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game over!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can we really complain after signing A.C. Green, Danny Manning, and Wayman Tisdale to bargain basement, wink-wink deals back in the day?

I can see that. It makes things less competitive this season but it is just a one year deal. Let the Warriors steamroll everyone else. I think it could bring about their end quicker. Keeping that many stars happy is next to impossible. They may be able to pull it off for another year but how much longer can they really get by like that? Let them implode. I can't see any teams being anxious to help them when they're in salary cap hell down the line and looking to unload contracts. They'll pay for it, eventually. If not financially then their fanbase will disappear when they finally come back down to earth.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we really complain after signing A.C. Green, Danny Manning, and Wayman Tisdale to bargain basement, wink-wink deals back in the day?

However, this is a calamity of biblical proportions. ;)

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow LA with their cap space couldn't entice Cousins or maybe LeBron said hell no when they asked him. I thought Howard was going to sign with them but this tops even that.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes - they didn't win a title...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow LA with their cap space couldn't entice Cousins or maybe LeBron said hell no when they asked him. I thought Howard was going to sign with them but this tops even that.

When Howard was mentioned it was for less money than what it's being reported Cousins will get. I wouldn't rule out Howard still signing there. Cousins will miss half of the season because of his injury so having another Center ready to go from opening day is needed, especially with McGee gone.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We were well on the way before Manning popped his ACL. That team looked unstoppable in 94-95.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. It is not even close. We were not reigning champions. The competitive balance was much more even then.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Absolutely.

When they signed those contracts other teams had about 2 stars each. It was very hard to find a team that didn't have at least 1 star. (Clippers and Dallas for a long time).

Payton/Kemp
Malone/Stockton
MJ/Pippen
Hardaway/Mullen
etc...

So the "load up" on mid range stars didn't lopside the field at all. The league was healthy and balanced even with a criminal in charge.

Nowadays you can name 15 teams that don't have 1 legit star. Not 1. This league is awful. You might as well cancel the entire East Conference schedule. Cancel the Finals. Let LA and GS pretend to duke it out in the WCF and watch GS annihilate them in 4 games.

I'm dead serious about this question: Could you pick 5 players from any team not named LA, GS, or SA and threaten the Warriors? Davis, Harden, Westbrook, the Unicorn, and Booker couldn't beat them right now.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He won't play until 2019 and even then will take some time. This deal is about riding the coat tails to a championship and showing he is healthy enough for a max deal next summer from someone else.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Warriors are singlehandedly ushering in the era of the hard cap.

The dudes on NBA radio are having a heart attack over this move hilarious.

The fans calling in are distraught and apoplectic.

Love this move...it's a big middle finger to the Lakers and takes lebron off the front page. Hell, Boogie may no even play 75% of the season and worst case they have a huge tradable asset. Best case, this acquisition is insurance for possible losing KD and/or Klay or Dray next year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors are singlehandedly ushering in the era of the hard cap.

The dudes on NBA radio are having a heart attack over this move hilarious.

The fans calling in are distraught and apoplectic.

Love this move...it's a big middle finger to the Lakers and takes lebron off the front page. Hell, Boogie may no even play 75% of the season and worst case they have a huge tradable asset. Best case, this acquisition is insurance for possible losing KD and/or Klay or Dray next year.

I certainly hope so. And having franchise players as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson