Warning for those who had Sunday Ticket to go last year

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are billing your credit card for this season without asking for permission. and it's a MAJOR hassle to get them to undo the billing.

I'm still on hold after 30 minutes and 5 people and being hung up on twice.

I did the cancellation online but when I call to confirm that it's cancelled they keep transferring me around.

They are completely in the dark on this they're not supposed to be billing until 9-12 so they billed 2 weeks early on 8-28.

It is very difficult because at the moment the vast majority of their calls are going through the Philippines but if you don't actually have Directv, just Sunday Ticket to go, they seem to have no idea who to transfer you to so they just transfer you and then it hangs up.

I did get into my account online and cancel it but I got no cancellation confirmation by email.

Total cluster we don't even know if they will have NFL games, their own email says you have until 9-12 to cancel or it will auto renew, and they billed me on 8-28.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks. I haven’t paid for tv for at least 8 years. Don’t miss it

I finally got an email saying it's cancelled and then another saying the reimbursement is in process. I never got anywhere on the phone they kept transferring me and then that person would say I have no idea why they sent you here. Even the email that explained they were billing references a phone number that's not in service it tells you to call another number.

Total cluster but it looks like I've gotten it cancelled.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I finally got an email saying it's cancelled and then another saying the reimbursement is in process. I never got anywhere on the phone they kept transferring me and then that person would say I have no idea why they sent you here. Even the email that explained they were billing references a phone number that's not in service it tells you to call another number.

Total cluster but it looks like I've gotten it cancelled.
Wow

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The thing is had they handled it better I may have just decided to keep it. But I got no explanation why they billed me early, or even how they did the credit card they billed to in my account had expired, same number but needed a new 3 digit code. when I tried to cancel online it was a cluster and then even worse on the phone.

I figure this year I will play it by ear if it looks like the season is going well 4 games in, no sign of Covid going to collapse the schedule, I may just reinstate my account for the last 12 weeks something like that.

But so frustrating to deal with.