Return of Cavani a boost for United - Solksjaer

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
== RESENDING WITH FULL SCRIPT == SHOWS: MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - DECEMBER 7, 2020) (UEFA - NO RESALES. NO COMMERCIAL USE. MUST ON-SCREEN COURTESY "©UEFA 2021") 1. MANCHESTER UNITED SQUAD JOGGING ACROSS PITCH AT START OF TEAM TRAINING SESSION 2. MANCHESTER UNITED MANAGER, OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER, WATCHING SQUAD TRAIN MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UK (JANUARY 11, 2021) (MUTV - MUST COURTESY "MUTV". DO NOT OBSCURE LOGO. NO RESALES) 3. (SOUNDBITE) (English) MANCHESTER UNITED MANAGER, OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER, SAYING: "Edinson's (Cavani) trained well. He's been banned, he's had a couple of days off of course as well, you can't train too much, but he's ready to go. He gives us a different option, he's a different type of striker or a forward than Mason (Greenwood) and Anthony (Martial) and Marcus (Rashford) so I'm glad to have him back. That's why we brought him in, he's contributed really well so far and I'm sure he'll be really important for us now until the end of the season. We feel the season starts tomorrow night." 4. WHITE FLASH 5. (SOUNDBITE) (English) MANCHESTER UNITED MANAGER, OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER, SAYING: "I think all the teams want to take a grip on the Premier League of course, but it's just that kind of season, kind of year, kind of situation, that there will be ups and downs and less consistency in results and performances. So for me it's exciting, as a supporter or as a fan it's more interesting of course when there's more teams in and around each other compared to last season where one just ran away." 6. WHITE FLASH 7. (SOUNDBITE) (English) MANCHESTER UNITED MANAGER, OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER, SAYING: "Well we are better off this season compared to the same time last year, we won more games, we've scored more goals, we've played better football, so of course that's that's a positive. "But as I said nothing and no one remembers January league tables, and for us it's just about developing this team, improving, I think we've shown again that we can bounce back after a disappointment, I thought the lads who played the FA Cup game showed good character good attitude and quality." 8. WHITE FLASH 9. (SOUNDBITE) (English) MANCHESTER UNITED MANAGER, OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER, SAYING: "So of course it's important for us now to establish ourselves up among the top four, we've only been top four three times since Sir Alex (Ferguson) left. So of course if we can do that again after third, if we can improve on third that's progress. "When I played it was a different ball game of course, we were really disappointed if we didn't win the league, and I think we played, we were third once, most of the time we challenged against one team, now the league is different, there are so many other teams that can challenge and can look at themselves as candidates to challenge the top teams." MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - DECEMBER 1, 2020) (UEFA - NO RESALES. NO COMMERCIAL USE. MUST ON-SCREEN COURTESY "©UEFA 2021") 10. MANCHESTER UNITED STRIKER, EDINSON CAVANI, DURING RONDO DRILL 11. MANCHESTER UNITED MANAGER, OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER, WATCHING TRAINING 12. CAVANI AMONG TEAM MATES DURING TRAINING MANCHESTER, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FILE - DECEMBER 7, 2020) (UEFA - NO RESALES. NO COMMERCIAL USE. MUST ON-SCREEN COURTESY "©UEFA 2021") 13. MANCHESTER UNITED MIDFIELDER, PAUL POGBA (NUMBER 6), IN THE MIDDLE OF A RING OF PLAYERS DOING A TRAINING DRILL KNOWN AS A RONDO 14. MANCHESTER UNITED DEFENDER AND CAPTAIN, HARRY MAGUIRE (NUMBER 5 - ORANGE JACKET) TRAINING WITH TEAM MATES INCLUDING FORWARD, MARCUS RASHFORD (NUMBER 10 - STOCKING HAT AND SCARF) 15. POGBA TRAINING ALONGSIDE MIDFIELDER, JUAN MATA (NUMBER 8) STORY: Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer welcomed the return of striker Edinson Cavani from a three match ban for Tuesday's (January 12) Premier League match at Burnley. The Uruguayan was suspended for alleged racism by the FA and fined 100,000 pounds ($136,330) for a term he used in an Instagram post following his side's 3-2 win at Southampton on Nov. 29, before taking it down and apologising. Cavani's return comes ahead of a vital period for United, who follow the trip to Turf Moor with a visit to champions Liverpool on Sunday, Solskjaer told a virtual press conference that United's season "starts tomorrow night." United have won eight and drawn two of their last 10 matches to close in on champions Liverpool but Solskjaer said it was far too early to talk about a title challenge with so many teams in contention at the top of the table. (Production: Andy Ragg)

Continue reading...