War of the Worlds (Spielberg/Cruise)

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
I thought it was a good movie and I really liked the ending. I was hoping that Cruise or the military wouldn’t just find some way to kill them. It was a clever concept.

You must never have read the books...or saw the original :)

Mike

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I recently re-watched this with my son. This is a pretty good movie for kids with low movie standards. A bit scary, but not nightmare producing. If I were to remake this movie I would cut the plot line of the kids and instead focus on how the military/world dealt with these things. More like Armageddon.

Ha. I didn't know the "couch jumping" was during this film's promotion.
Due to Steven Spielberg's last minute post-production work, he had to drop out of a scheduled appearance with Tom Cruise to promote the film on The Oprah Winfrey Show. This was the episode of Cruise's highly publicized "couch jumping" incident.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I recently re-watched this with my son. This is a pretty good movie for kids with low movie standards. A bit scary, but not nightmare producing. If I were to remake this movie I would cut the plot line of the kids and instead focus on how the military/world dealt with these things. More like Armageddon.

Ha. I didn't know the "couch jumping" was during this film's promotion.
Then you might want to watch the original 50's version.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I would like to reiterate how godawful this movie was. I am ashamed to have even been an extra in it.

You must be registered for see images

Did Stout just say he didn't like my movie?

I'm pretty sure that's what he said Steve....

Mother ****er!

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Did Stout just say he didn't like my movie?

I'm pretty sure that's what he said Steve....

Mother ****er!

And I learned, by him chewing out a camera man about ten feet away, that good ol' Steve can REALLY swear ;)

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
And I learned, by him chewing out a camera man about ten feet away, that good ol' Steve can REALLY swear ;)

lol really? He always seems so calm which is why I thought the caption was funny.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked this film. I thought it was pretty cool. Having said that it didn't have the charm of the original movies although those are seriously dated.

Stout

Reaction score
Geesh. I guess it isn't hard to please some folks. I mean, sure, it's absolutely believable that you can drive 65 mph down a highway choked with abandoned and burned-out cars. This was an AWFUL sci-fi movie. And I had reason to really want to like it!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geesh. I guess it isn't hard to please some folks. I mean, sure, it's absolutely believable that you can drive 65 mph down a highway choked with abandoned and burned-out cars. This was an AWFUL sci-fi movie. And I had reason to really want to like it!

LOL. It's a movie based on the concept of an Alien invasion and you are having problems with that?

Stout

Reaction score
LOL. It's a movie based on the concept of an Alien invasion and you are having problems with that?

Yep. Because the ENTIRE movie felt the same way. It was all eye-rolling ridiculous. Not as in 'I had a problem because it didn't feel real'--like you said, it is an alien invasion--but because almost everything that was done was stupid and idiotic.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Yep. Because the ENTIRE movie felt the same way. It was all eye-rolling ridiculous. Not as in 'I had a problem because it didn't feel real'--like you said, it is an alien invasion--but because almost everything that was done was stupid and idiotic.

I don't know man...I liked it.

It was also cool to tell people "Hey! I know that guy...no, not that one, that one!"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard