VR gaming

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Star Trek Bridge Crew is fun. I just started playing Vader immortal but my favorite game right now in VR is Star Wars Squadrons. It reminds me much of the old X-wing games.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thrill of the fight is legit. I had to buy silicon covers for the VR as after a fight, it is soaking wet with sweat.

Superhot is way cooler than I thought it was going to be. Amazing game.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just looked it up and bridge crew is on oculus quest. So, with the quest, all you need is the quest. All other VR require you to plug into a gaming PC to power the VR.

Thanks.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thrill of the fight is legit. I had to buy silicon covers for the VR as after a fight, it is soaking wet with sweat.

Superhot is way cooler than I thought it was going to be. Amazing game.

My favorite VR game is Space Pirate Trainer. If you have a group, Don't Talk or Everybody Explodes is awesome as well.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried FitXR last night and holy crap what a workout. I think I was sweating even more than with thrill of the fight. 16 minutes straight of music, boxing, squating and lunges.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite VR game is Space Pirate Trainer. If you have a group, Don't Talk or Everybody Explodes is awesome as well.

A groupd all playing at once or a group watching the cast?

I downloaded the demo for space pirate trainer

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A groupd all playing at once or a group watching the cast?

I downloaded the demo for space pirate trainer

The group watches, but also participates by helping defuse the bomb. You can't play the game without a group really.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
elite strap w battery solt out forever so getting a knock off elite strap for $35 on amazon and will attach my own portable battery to it to extend battery life and counterbalance the headset. Everything I read is that it makes it so much more comfortable having the counterbalance.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also found with some games, we used arizona sunshine, you can buy on one quest and then login to that persons facebook on two separate quests and play together. super cool and saved us $40. (my lady bought one too)

also, been playing fitxr to go with boxing and have to say, I am sore all the time and having to take two days off of the workouts all the time. Fit xr will really get you sweating and between that and thrill of the fight, I get SOOOOOOORE

Devilmaycare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
also found with some games, we used arizona sunshine, you can buy on one quest and then login to that persons facebook on two separate quests and play together. super cool and saved us $40. (my lady bought one too)

also, been playing fitxr to go with boxing and have to say, I am sore all the time and having to take two days off of the workouts all the time. Fit xr will really get you sweating and between that and thrill of the fight, I get SOOOOOOORE

Fit XR worth the money over Thrill of the Fight? I was thinking of grabbing the latter since you had praised it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fit XR worth the money over Thrill of the Fight? I was thinking of grabbing the latter since you had praised it.
Well..they are very different. Thrill of the fight is $10 and a must buy. Go with that first. Once you play that a bit, oculus has a return policy. If you pony up 30 or whatever for fitxr and don't like it, if you play under 2 hours you get a no questions refund. Fitxr is a good workout, fun and includes squats. It's a workout game though so, boxing is a bit different.

Both will make you sweat and leave you sore.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few levels into arizona sunshine, its a pretty awesome game. Quite pricey though for what it is. Also, for whatever reason, it aims with the left eye vs working with both. I am right eyed so it is a weird adjustment but once I started shooting left eye only, its headshots galore.

FitXR is a great workout however it is workout based so when you are not motivated to "go work out" thrill of the fight is much better as it is more of a game that works you out vs a workout game. Helps me get a good sweat when I'm not motivated to go as hard. That's what I did last night. My legs were still sore from squats anyway. Feeling good today so should try to do fitxr right after work.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
couple recent findings and notes:

Code "mobile25" when used in oculus store app will get you 25% off in the store. I used it to buy virtual desktop as I had been waiting for a discount anyway assuming It would be useful for some new rift only type games or something. You can also do pretty much anything on your computer through this, literally controlling it with the oculus. Or, use it as a screen only and play a pc game. The screen in the oculus of a pc monitor has good resolution so its pretty cool. You can also watch movies on it in a fake theater.

sideloadvr.com will let you download sideloaded games through applab now, you no longer have to jump through all the hoops as you used to before.

used sideload to try "Pavlov vr", essentially a counterstrike port. pretty cool and difficult. Played around with the free version until the headset died and had a lot of fun.

Still getting my ass kicked playing thrill of the fight and fitxr. "spider" I think is his name, I think the 6th boxer in Thrill of the fight. He was the first boxer to beat me and he beat me good. I havent been back on it to have my rematch. Maybe I should tonight.