OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
150 pages in, really interesting so far.

The only downside is this book is not helping me think of Washington in a more positive light......at all.

Tell me about it. It sure does make you think though doesnt it. I couldnt put the book down. I could actually see something like that happening to be honest. I would like to talk more but dont want to gove to much up for those that plan on reading it.

I hope you like it and make it to books 6 and 7 which are incredible. Bools 1,6,and 7 were easily my favorites. But 2,3,4, & 5 are really good too.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished Separation of Power - It got harder and harder to put down the more you read it. Another fantastic book. Actually Separation of Power is really a continuation of The Third Option and ties up some loose ends.

Awesome series so far - on to Executive Power!

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just finished Term Limits. Great book....can't believe this was just laying around for a year and a half.

What's the second in the series....I have 3 more of these just laying around.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
Just finished Term Limits. Great book....can't believe this was just laying around for a year and a half.

Transfer of Power. Remember the names Scott Coleman, Iren Kennedy etc.....

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:

If you have plans about cleaning out your garage or any other big stuff don't crack open this book. Transfer of Power was my favorite of the frst 4.

Shane likes 1, 6, and 7, but my favorites in order so far are 2,4,1 and 3. The Third Option would be rated higher if you treat 3&4 like the same book broken into two parts.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Yea the 3rd option was my least favorite until I read Executive power. They are all still very good and worth the read. But Wait until you get to Memorial Day Bob. Or hell Consent To Kill.

Could not agree with you more. Executive Power was good, but not the page-turner that his others were. Still a good read, but nothing exciting.

I started Memorial Day the other night with the expectation of reading 20-40 pages, but breezed thru almost 300 in 3 nights. Awesome book!

I notice a character change in Rapp and a more aggressive tone in his writing style so far in this one. He is not pulling any punches and let's you know what he thinks.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jw7 said:
Could not agree with you more. Executive Power was good, but not the page-turner that his others were. Still a good read, but nothing exciting.

I started Memorial Day the other night with the expectation of reading 20-40 pages, but breezed thru almost 300 in 3 nights. Awesome book!

I notice a character change in Rapp and a more aggressive tone in his writing style so far in this one. He is not pulling any punches and let's you know what he thinks.

Memorial day is just fantastic. Probably my favorite book overall the more I think about it. You think Rapp is aggressive in this one? Wait till you see what happens in Consent to Kill Bob. Something happens that makes him VERY AGGRESSIVE!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Consent To Kill

From Parade magazine:

Producer Loenzo di Bonaventura (Constantine, Doom) bought Flynn's latest novel, Consent to Kill, to make into a movie; no casting yet.

Flynn also consults on plot development for Fox's thriller tv series 24.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
From Parade magazine:

Producer Loenzo di Bonaventura (Constantine, Doom) bought Flynn's latest novel, Consent to Kill, to make into a movie; no casting yet.

Awesome! I was hoping his books would be made into movies. Its to bad they didnt start with the earlier ones however. Their will definitely be more than one if done right IMO! :thumbup:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
From Parade magazine:

See, this is odd. I am wondering what is going on here. I heard that Flynn came on board with this but only as of last year.

24 is a total rip-off of Flynn novels. I am wondering if they offered him a position instead of facing a lawsuit.

Main character works in counter-terrorism - check.
Main character ignores the rules to get results - check.
Main character is constantly hindered by incompetent politicians - check.
Main character kills a bunch of people - check.
Moles and spies within the agency - check.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll have to check your local listings (I think they replay these shows sometimes as well)...

Glenn Beck tonight at 7p, 9p ET on Headline Prime

-------------------

Lineup for Wednesday, May 10th...

Fat Man Walking
Steve Vaught Finishes His Walk Across America

Interview with Vince Flynn
Author of "Memorial Day" on Iraq

Interview with Roe Conn
Radio Host from WLS in Chicago

Kimberly Caldwell
The Latest on American Idol

KFI Radio Host Bill Handle
Why is it taking so long to rebuild at Ground Zero?

Is the US Tipping off Mexico about the Minutemen?

Quality of Life Market Update

Nash 2x MVP

Reaction score
I read all of his books.. My favorite are Transfer
of power and consent to Kill.. Mitch Rapp is the man..

Try Brad Thor aswell he writes similar to Vince Flynn.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Memorial day is just fantastic.

Incredible. You were right. I think this one was the best of the series (have to find C2K though). What an intense rollercoaster of a book.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought Term Limits at Savers for .99 - getting all the books and then I'll read them all in order.

:jedi:

The books I have are Term Limits, Transfer of Power, The Third Option, and Separation of Power.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Bought Term Limits at Savers for .99 - getting all the books and then I'll read them all in order.

:jedi:

The books I have are Term Limits, Transfer of Power, The Third Option, and Separation of Power.

Awesome! Let us know what you think as you read them!

football24/7

Registered
Reaction score
Vince Flynn writes some great stuff. My favorite is Memorial Day. Mitch
Rapp is at his best in that one. If you want another good read, try the books from Brad Thor. I have read Lions of Lucerne, and Path of the Assassin. Very good, and his main ass kicker is more intense than Mitch
Rapp, with a great sense of humor. I am almost finished with State of the Union, and just picked up 2 more of his books. Blowback, and the brand new Takedown. If you like Vince Flynn, you will also like Brad Thor. Very good reads, especially when you are on an airplane, with nothing to do.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His next Mitch Rapp book, "Act of Treason", hits the shelves next Tue, Oct 10.

Yeah, it's not a Harry Potter craze, but I'm picking this up.

:raccoon:

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His next Mitch Rapp book, "Act of Treason", hits the shelves next Tue, Oct 10.

Yeah, it's not a Harry Potter craze, but I'm picking this up.

:raccoon:

Me too Bob! I cant wait. Thx for the heads up! Hey what did you think of Consent to Kill?

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey what did you think of Consent to Kill?

Loved it. Yet another great read. I confess the ending left me a bit teary-eyed, long time since a book did that.

I have some more detailed thoughts on it, but I'll send you a PM so as to not spoil it for others that have not yet read it.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Bob I just finished Act of Treason!

Another great book. Vince Flynn refuses to dissapoint. I am beginning to get worried that with Rapp being 40 now that he is going to phase out his character before to much longer in his books. Did you finish it yet?

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Bob I just finished Act of Treason!

Another great book. Vince Flynn refuses to dissapoint. I am beginning to get worried that with Rapp being 40 now that he is going to phase out his character before to much longer in his books. Did you finish it yet?

Not yet, am on about chapter 20 right now. Just been so swamped with work that I probabably won't get back to it until after Thanksgiving.

Great book so far. Very interesting, but not page-turning as of yet. But then again, the Rapp novels become nuts in the second half and I have not gotten there yet.

I don't know if Flynn will phase out Rapp. Have you read Tom Clancy's books? Jack Ryan stuck around forever and went from being an agent to President. I would like to see Rapp to get someone to mentor to continue the series, and maybe he could be CIA director or start a private agency or something.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I lied. I got hooked to find out the finish and completed it last night.

Not up there with Memorial Day, but still great. He has a weird habit of writing books where you can't put it down after a certain point because you need to find out the ending.

On a side note, I don't know if there will be another book released anytime soon. He signed with Fox to produce a new TV series with the current producers of 24. There is great stuff on his website, including video interviews with O'reilly and Gibson where he discusses why his books haven't been shown any interest from Hollywood. Basically, too right-wing and politically incorrrect for the Hollywood establishment.

Go Irene!

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I lied. I got hooked to find out the finish and completed it last night.

Not up there with Memorial Day, but still great. He has a weird habit of writing books where you can't put it down after a certain point because you need to find out the ending.

On a side note, I don't know if there will be another book released anytime soon. He signed with Fox to produce a new TV series with the current producers of 24. There is great stuff on his website, including video interviews with O'reilly and Gibson where he discusses why his books haven't been shown any interest from Hollywood. Basically, too right-wing and politically incorrrect for the Hollywood establishment.

Go Irene!

I was thinking the same thing, I was like WOW. I cant believe Irene was doing this. I was like no it couldnt be. She couldnt. But she did. It was definitely a great ending to the book. I hope that he has new book coming out within a year or so. He is by far the best read out there IMO. Oh yea Stu Garrett better watch out. :D

Hey Bob I dunno if you have heard of it but I have been reading two books that are really good. The Last Jihad and The Last Days they are part 1 and 2 in that order and they are something I am certian you would like. A little outdated becaus ethey deal with Saddam and Arafat but very very good reads none the less. I am 1/2 way through The Last Days and Im already wishing there was a 3rd book. If you can check it out.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Bob I dunno if you have heard of it but I have been reading two books that are really good. The Last Jihad and The Last Days they are part 1 and 2 in that order and they are something I am certian you would like.

Yes, I have heard of them. I will definately put them on my list during the Flynn drought. Thanks!

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was mistaken. Protect and Defend out 10/30/2007. Supposedly still features Mitch Rapp.

Linky

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson