Vince Flynn

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished reading his book Memorial Day! I must say a VERY intese book that really makes you think. It really is pretty scary. In short its about Al Qaeda trying to sneak two nuclear weapons into the US. Very fast paced and detailed book. I HIGHLY Recommend!

I just started another one of his books call The Third Option. It is also very good so far!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Just finished reading his book Memorial Day! I must say a VERY intese book that really makes you think. It really is pretty scary. In short its about Al Qaeda trying to sneak two nuclear weapons into the US. Very fast paced and detailed book. I HIGHLY Recommend!

I just started another one of his books call The Third Option. It is also very good so far!

I got a good friend who's read most of them and swears by all of them he's read. He claims there isn't a bad one yet. I believe the main character is Mitch Rap, or something like that?

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuma said:
I got a good friend who's read most of them and swears by all of them he's read. He claims there isn't a bad one yet. I believe the main character is Mitch Rap, or something like that?

Yep Mitch Rapp a CIA master!

His character is awesome! It will only be a matter of time before these are movies. The Books are really good!

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only one I've read was "Term Limits". I think that was his first bestseller.

I really enjoyed it and it is on my to-do list to read more.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished reading The Third Option. Another great and fast paced book. If you guys are into CIA covert type of books these are highly recommended. I have two more of his books in waiting and two others on order :thumbup:

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Yep Mitch Rapp a CIA master!

His character is awesome! It will only be a matter of time before these are movies. The Books are really good!

Perhaps influenced by the character Jack Ryan? :shrug:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
boondockdrunk said:

I remember when those books used to be good. :(

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jw7 said:
The only one I've read was "Term Limits". I think that was his first bestseller.

I really enjoyed it and it is on my to-do list to read more.

Bob I just finished Term Limits. Wow what a great fast paced book. Vince Flynn really is one of the best authors for this type of genre that I have ever read. I cant wait to start the next book Transfer Of Power, gonna start it tonight! :thumbup:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Bob I just finished Term Limits. Wow what a great fast paced book. Vince Flynn really is one of the best authors for this type of genre that I have ever read. I cant wait to start the next book Transfer Of Power, gonna start it tonight! :thumbup:

Yeah, I liked it a lot as well. The one I read was fast-paced and hard to put down. I just need to go figure out the order of his books for which to read next.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jw7 said:
Yeah, I liked it a lot as well. The one I read was fast-paced and hard to put down. I just need to go figure out the order of his books for which to read next.

Transfer of Power is next. I started it last night :thumbup:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Transfer of Power is next. I started it last night :thumbup:

Cool! I have this book - the title sounded familiar and I must have picked it up at the airport and forgot about it.

Will start reading this week.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
boondockdrunk said:

Rapp is more along the lines of Mr. Clark. Flynn is a much more consistently good writer than Clancy, as well. TC's last two books were substandard.

Some of the things Rapp does are a bit . . . distasteful . . . and that may be discomfitting to some folks. Let's just say that if he were real John McCain and Ted Kennedy would be calling for his head. :D If that sort of thing doesn't bother you, then the series is a must-read.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dan H said:
Rapp is more along the lines of Mr. Clark. Flynn is a much more consistently good writer than Clancy, as well. TC's last two books were substandard.

Some of the things Rapp does are a bit . . . distasteful . . . and that may be discomfitting to some folks. Let's just say that if he were real John McCain and Ted Kennedy would be calling for his head. :D If that sort of thing doesn't bother you, then the series is a must-read.
:thumbup:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dan H said:

What is really chilling is that Clancy in "Debt of Honor" (1994) and Flynn in this book (1999) both bring up the possibility of crashing airplanes into buildings as a form of terror.

I am 1/2 way thru "Transfer of Power" and liking it a lot so far.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
jw7 said:
What is really chilling is that Clancy in "Debt of Honor" (1994) and Flynn in this book (1999) both bring up the possibility of crashing airplanes into buildings as a form of terror.

I remember reading that in Debt of Honor and thinking that, wow, that could actually happen.

Then, after 9/11, the government kept saying that "no one could have predicted that people would use airplanes as weapons". Yeah, right.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jw7 said:

Bob I am 1/2 through transfer of Power as well. I am totally loving it.

*SPOILERS*

Tell me how creepy a feeling that would be to know they are on the other side of the door drilling through and there is nothing you can do about it? :eek:

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just completed Transfer of Power. All I can say is wow. Once again an edge of your seat thriller that you really just dont want to put down.

I have already read book 3 in the series called The Third Option as I stated earlier. I am starting the fourth book Separation of Power tonight! :thumbup:

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Just completed Transfer of Power. All I can say is wow. Once again an edge of your seat thriller that you really just dont want to put down.

I have already read book 3 in the series called The Third Option as I stated earlier. I am starting the fourth book Separation of Power tonight! :thumbup:

Seperation of Power is now finished. ANother really great book. This guy just doesnt dissapoint. No on to Executive Power! :thumbup:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:

Wow, I am really slacking, but I just finished Transfer the other day. Awesome book. Starting 3rd option and will probably update in 3 mos from now :)

*** Spoiler ****

I was really let down by the ending of the book. But then I read the epilogue. That was a fantastic way to finish the book!

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jw7 said:
Wow, I am really slacking, but I just finished Transfer the other day. Awesome book. Starting 3rd option and will probably update in 3 mos from now :)

*** Spoiler ****

I was really let down by the ending of the book. But then I read the epilogue. That was a fantastic way to finish the book!

The 3rd option was my least favorite Bob. But still a great book none the less.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jw7 said:

*** Spoiler ****

Yea the ending was really good I thought.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally finished Executive Power. Once again Vince Flynn didnt dissapoint. But I must say that it was my least favorite of the series so far. I already read the next book in the series called Memorial Day.

I am currently in about 75 pages of his final book called Consent To Kill. It has been really good and very intense already! :thumbup:

Last edited:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished 3rd option, and just started Separation.

I really liked 3rd option, but did quite not have the edge-of-seat suspense that Transfer had. I wouldn't say I liked it less than Transfer, but it had a different tone to it.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jw7 said:
Finished 3rd option, and just started Separation.

I really liked 3rd option, but did quite not have the edge-of-seat suspense that Transfer had. I wouldn't say I liked it less than Transfer, but it had a different tone to it.

Yea the 3rd option was my least favorite until I read Executive power. They are all still very good and worth the read. But Wait until you get to Memorial Day Bob. Or hell Consent To Kill. Both books are just downright incredible. I just finished the last book Consent To Kill and I am extremely bummed I have to wait until a new one is published.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
150 pages in, really interesting so far.

The only downside is this book is not helping me think of Washington in a more positive light......at all.