Vikings @ Cardinals postgame thread

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
How can we be so outstanding stopping Henry's run last week (he absolutely killed it today) and so ineffective against Cook just seven days later?

It was handy that he got a bit banged up in the second half.
Cook is a fast cutback runner. Totally different than the bulldozing style of Henry. Cook was also the 2nd leading rusher in 2020.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why have we struggled with rookie and back up quarterbacks the last few seasons?

Do we underestimate them? Feel that it will just happen because of their inexperience?
I Hope Jacksonville isn’t this years version of Detroit debacle. Plenty of mistakes to keep this team focused.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I was at the game today. Man I forgot how much anxiety I get being there live. When I'm at home I'm nervous pacing back and forth...But being at the stadium, the stress is on a whole other level.

When he missed the kick I almost past out. I grabbed and held on to my buddy because I was going down. My vision got blurry, everything started spinning, the knees got weak...And it was pure bliss!!!

Cardiac Cards baby!!! Man, Cardinals games are not good for the health lol
That happened to my son in New England when they missed the winning fg.

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
Who remembers at that Raiders game when Jankowski did the same thing at the 10 yard line. Man Raiders fans were talking so much after that lol. I'll take it, we need all the luck we can get. If we don't go down to Jacksonville and stomped them then I'm not sure if this team is for real yet.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I need the @BritCard seal of approval. No way we blow the Jags game right?

Seemed like today's "bad win" should give them enough motivation for next week right?

Sure hope Kliff doesnt/didnt take it light on his team after the game.

I'm never going to predict a result again.

No way I would have the Titans beating the Chicks or Ravens beating the Chiefs with the injuries they have. And I thought we beat the Vikings comfortably.

You can just never tell with football.

In fact let's take the stress off next week and predict a Jags win!

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I'm never going to predict a result again.

No way I would have the Titans beating the Chicks or Ravens beating the Chiefs with the injuries they have. And I thought we beat the Vikings comfortably.

You can just never tell with football.

In fact let's take the stress off next week and predict a Jags win!
I feel a poll coming on! Cards -35

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After rewatching this again its a TD if Josh Jones blocks Harrison Smith/or at least puts a hand on him for a sec before moving to the next guy.. I like the fact that Rondale Moore chips the DE and is an outlet. However, man if Jones doesnt completely give Smith an opening to Kyler its a TD.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think some people are being a bit harsh because the Vikings had the opportunity to win and didn't. It's not what happens in the last second that decides the outcome, it's what happens over 4 quarters.

We came back from 2 scores down to lead at the half. When the defense was struggling the offense didn't buckle as they have done in the past. Including Kliff who called a great game and managed the clock well.

In the 2nd half the defense deserves credit for adjusting and really closing down the Vikings. They only had 3 offensive points in the 2nd half and they only got them due to the roughing the kicker flag. The defense really deserves more credit for a great 2nd half, if they played like that the whole game this board would be raving about them.

The issue was, apart from a little of Q3 we didn't have both offense and defense firing at the same time.

I thought Kliff did a good job. He normally puckers up in tight games like this but while not perfect I thought his play calling and game management were much better. I thought he did a good job of getting the balls to guys like Maxx Williams (94 yards! So close to 100!).

The only thing Kliff did that really confused me was not using the his final timeout of the Vikings last drive. He let 20+ seconds run off at the end that we could have had for a slim chance to win the game had they made the kick.

At least he didn't try ice the kicker. It would have been so Kliff to call a TO as he kicked, miss it and then put it in after the time out for us to lose.

For me this was a great all round team win where all 3 phases and some good coaching came together. It wasn't perfect, but football games rarely are. The Titans win was the exception, not the rule.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I also thought Talib did a great job. I hate everyone else at FOX...Johnson, Buck, Aikman...just the worst.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I also thought Talib did a great job. I hate everyone else at FOX...Johnson, Buck, Aikman...just the worst.
I like Talib too. He brings good knowledge to what the defense is doing. I can’t help but feel like he’s nervous being in the booth because his mouth is moving faster than his brain sometimes and he jumbles his words. Today’s NFL is so offense oriented and every broadcast has offensive minds talking about the game, so it’s nice to hear about the defense for once. And they paired him with Gus Johnson and he’s awesome. I like that duo

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Snap counts

Zaven Collins up to 41% this week. Daniels and Harris paid the price for being poor vs the Titans.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Talib did a good job in the 2nd half. I swear he kept repeating himself in the 1st half.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose