Vikings @ Cardinals postgame thread

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah.... soooo.... we didn’t “win” that game.
The vikes lost it.

but we are 2-0... lost the turnover battle and still stayed in it so we could snatch a win with a lucky break.
The team has matured.
Player leadership makes a difference.

only two weeks in but we might have a winner in town.
Good teams pull out ugly wins

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler played one of the best 1st halfs I've ever seen from a Cardinals QB..

2nd half he did his best help them win the game.

The thing I've noticed is that there's been so much on Kyler in the 1st halves of these games that he has to started to wear down in the 2nd half.

He just looks a step slow and mentally looks exhausted. Even when we were blowing out the Titans he didnt look as quick.

Need to get his R&R together because he mentally comes apart at times when tired.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Kyler played one of the best 1st halfs I've ever seen from a Cardinals QB..

2nd half he did his best help them win the game.

The thing I've noticed is that there's been so much on Kyler in the 1st halves of these games that he has to started to wear down in the 2nd half.

He just looks a step slow and mentally looks exhausted. Even when we were blowing out the Titans he didnt look as quick.

Need to get his R&R together because he mentally comes apart at times when tired.

I agree, this win had everything to do with Kyler. Yeah he had 2 bad INTs but he recovered from them. The D had zero sacks, 0 turnovers, and let Kirk man handle them. None of this was on Murray.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
******* Titans can’t complete a first down in OT…at least they aren’t a bad team overall

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree, this win had everything to do with Kyler. Yeah he had 2 bad INTs but he recovered from them. The D had zero sacks, 0 turnovers, and let Kirk man handle them. None of this was on Murray.
1st int was a helluva play by the LB. I dont think he thought the guy could stretch out and get it.

I had a problem with the going out of bounds, but the way things happened defensively it wouldnt have mattered if he did. Although Kliff likely calls a running play if they had used a timeout instead.

Idk...I think he's gotta not try to do so much, but when he's carrying the team...well...

I would have got Hopkins the ball in the slot a few times. He probably was feeling the pressure once Hopkins was taken outta the game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st int was a helluva play by the LB. I dont think he thought the guy could stretch out and get it.

I had a problem with the going out of bounds, but the way things happened defensively it wouldnt have mattered if he did. Although Kliff likely calls a running play if they had used a timeout instead.

Idk...I think he's gotta not try to do so much, but when he's carrying the team...well...

I would have got Hopkins the ball in the slot a few times. He probably was feeling the pressure once Hopkins was taken outta the game.

Kliff has got to figure a way to stop teams just doubling Hop like that. Put a 2nd guy on that side so the safety has to worry about more than just hop. Have Rondale there for a short pass and run threat so the safety has to do more than just be over the top. And move Hop around more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA