Vazquez Trade May Be Completed Soon/Lo Duca Rumors

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
What an a$$ Patterson is. We put so much into that clown and he was absolutely HORRIBLE in AZ. Then he goes to the Nats and he nearly leads the NL in ERA and KO's. You think they would give up Church??? They've been real high on him and put on a media circus for him when he came up last year. I'd like that deal. I looked at Churchs numbers and he doesn't seem to do anything great- .290 hitter, 9 homers, 42 RBI's, and 3 SB. I know he was hurt last year which might be why. He's worth a shot but we better get a big time pitching prospect packaged with

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Any idea who we'd get in return??????

I would like for the Dbacks to demand Mike Hinckley to be included in the package, but I highly doubt that the Nationals would be willing to part w/their prized-prospect for a pitcher who has been erratic for the past couple of seasons....

Edit:
Mike Hinckley's stats

Although, I must take into the account that one of the reasons why Vazquez struggled in '04 was that he couldnt withstand the immense scrutiny/pressure in pitching in NY and then the conflict of being from being so far away from his family detracted away from him last season...

I still say the best case scenario for the Dbacks would be for Vazquez to waive his trade demand for now and hope that he improves his redeemable valuable with a solid first half of the season... but of course there's always the risk of him either struggling or getting injured which would obviously be the worst case scenario.....

Last edited:

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I'm almost in the same park as you. this whole trade has been too quiet and slow developing considering there is not that much pitching available this offseason. While Javy is not great, he is still a good pitcher who could def help teams. IMO, he's just as good as Burnett, if not better. Holding onto him until the All Star break is risky but could be a great idea. If Byrnes can convince him (unless Javy can't figure it out himself) that if he pitches very good in the first half,his demand will skyrocket. East coast teams in contention (NYM, BOS, WAS...) will def give up more then as opposed to now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard