Vance Joseph is DC

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
one year dc ...not good imho

I would have taken Greg Williams or Jack Del Rio easily before I took Vance

He simply doesn't have the experience IMO

Greg Williams has years and years of experience and his defenses all dominate and are FEARED...shoot look what he did in 1 season with the Browns....that D was GOOD.

Jack Del Rio - again another guy who's been a DC for years and a HC and been successful at every stop along the way.

Vance - one year DC, good then straight to HC - total failure ...not getting it. Seems like they just saw that dude was a HC and he should be a good DC.....I wish we could know what makes him 'the guy' more than Greg or Jack.
Aren't Williams and Del Rio 4-3 2 gap defenses?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that Joseph has coached a 3-4 defense and has 14 years of coaching experience mostly on the defensive side of the ball.

It appears to be a solid hire.

Reaction score
Yeah....you wanted experience D people....you have them.

You wanted to keep our ST coach....you have him.

You wanted Stump....you have him....and it looks like you’re gonna get an experienced NFL OC.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Joseph is a well thought of coach.

I think some fans here are forgetting that this defense was pretty solid prior to Wilks. 6th best in DVOA in Arians last season.

And if this team adds Bosa? Have you watched Bosa? He's going to be a monster. He has the upside to be better than Chandler Jones.

Bosa will be closer to Kyle VandenBosch than Chandler Jones

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren't Williams and Del Rio 4-3 2 gap defenses?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Do you know if Joseph runs a one gap (like Bowles did) or a two gap system (like Horton did). Iirc Darnell Docket wasn't happy with the two gap system.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Curious to know who had the better defense between Vance & Bowles last 2 seasons?

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He’s already got some pretty good pieces on d. Assuming they go back to their alignment pre-Wilks along with the top pick in the draft and they should be tough.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyle VanDen Bosch, the Pro Bowl D lineman for the Tennessee Titans? He was great.

If Bosa is anything like his brother AT ALL, he's a clear cut top pick.

Reaction score
one year dc ...not good imho

I would have taken Greg Williams or Jack Del Rio easily before I took Vance

He simply doesn't have the experience IMO

Greg Williams has years and years of experience and his defenses all dominate and are FEARED...shoot look what he did in 1 season with the Browns....that D was GOOD.

Jack Del Rio - again another guy who's been a DC for years and a HC and been successful at every stop along the way.

Vance - one year DC, good then straight to HC - total failure ...not getting it. Seems like they just saw that dude was a HC and he should be a good DC.....I wish we could know what makes him 'the guy' more than Greg or Jack.

Ask your Chargers to hire the pos Greg Williams.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Curious to know who had the better defense between Vance & Bowles last 2 seasons?

Joseph’s Broncos team was 3rd in yards and 22nd in points in 2017, 22nd in yards and 13 in points in 2018

Bowles Jets team was 25th in yards and 22nd in points (tie) in 2017 and 25 and 29 in 2018

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Joseph’s Broncos team was 3rd in yards and 22nd in points in 2017, 22nd in yards and 13 in points in 2018

Bowles Jets team was 25th in yards and 22nd in points (tie) in 2017 and 25 and 29 in 2018
Thanks Zeno. Pretty interesting stats. Vance probably had the better players but tougher div with Chargers & Chiefs

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Denver’s defense tailed off a bit after their SB but they lost Ware to retirement and Malik Jackson/Danny Trevathan to FA. That’s some high end production. They could’ve done a lot worse by hiring Dom Capers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson