Reaction score
I’ll call this “The Rosen Rope.”

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked how he could scramble successfully unlike slow-motion Bradford.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked how he could scramble successfully unlike slow-motion Bradford.

I liked that he knew WHEN to scramble and when to sit in the pocket long enough to know he was about the get drilled, but would do so because he knew he could hit a big play.

Basically... NOTHING Sam Bradford did... or ever did in his career.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm inclined to think all those passes dropped were simply because the coach (team) does not practice them enough. Member...Wilks said and wants to be a 1980-90's ground attack. Old school out-the-ass is what my eyes tell me about Coach Wilks. Lame.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I liked that he knew WHEN to scramble and when to sit in the pocket long enough to know he was about the get drilled, but would do so because he knew he could hit a big play.

Basically... NOTHING Sam Bradford did... or ever did in his career.
That just isn't true. There are plenty of examples of Bradford standing in the pocket, waiting til the last second to deliver a perfectly timed and accurate pass. What is it about Bradford that has you so full of vitriol after 3 games? Bradford isn't the greatest QB ever but he isn't the worst either. Such teeth gnashing over someone who presumably hasn't had much impact on your football viewing life.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like most posters, I'm more than happy with Rosen's debut. But being from NY I just want to remind everyone about Sam Darnold. His first game was great but since then not so great. I hope Josh progresses, but his first year will probably come with bumps in the road.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His body language has been incredible. The way he shrugs off mistakes, his "dang, oh well" when he threw the pick to end the week 3 game almost entirely made up for the pick being thrown, at least for me. When he scrambled for a 1st at one point, then reached out for the Seattle player who tackled him to help him up, knowing that the dude wouldn't, that cracked me up.

He's cocky, but not amped up. Very measured. I loved the "finger gun" thing he did towards our sideline while he was rolling down field at one point. I've not been this excited for a Cards player since... probably Plummer, and when Plummer was making his first starts I was 14 or 15 and thought I was watching the next Montana. I'd like to think I'm a lil more down to earth now.

He has a gun for an arm, he can throw deep, he can throw with touch, he can throw with pressure and when given time he can REALLY make a team pay. There is nothing not to like thus far.

I want to be really clear about something I am about to say. I do NOT think Rosen is as good as Rodgers (I think Rodgers might be the best player ever and is tragically saddled with a bad GM and bad coach, who are only keeping their jobs because Aaron Rodgers is so damn good).

However, as far as the way he carries himself, Rosen reminds me of Rodgers. This casual cockiness. It isn't arrogance, but it is close. Willing to throw it into tight spots because... hey, he can and he know it, and when it works, he just kinda nods. At the same time, when something bad happens, he doesn't get emotional because... hey, he'll get em next time.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
...and in true Cardinals fashion the team was so horrible, no one knows about it.

I would just bulletin board all these in the wide receivers meeting room and the special teams meeting room.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We finally have a qb in Rosen that we can build a solid team around. The draft and free agency in the off season will be big. I do think he will continue to improve this year and win some games for us.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His body language has been incredible. The way he shrugs off mistakes, his "dang, oh well" when he threw the pick to end the week 3 game almost entirely made up for the pick being thrown, at least for me. When he scrambled for a 1st at one point, then reached out for the Seattle player who tackled him to help him up, knowing that the dude wouldn't, that cracked me up.

He's cocky, but not amped up. Very measured. I loved the "finger gun" thing he did towards our sideline while he was rolling down field at one point. I've not been this excited for a Cards player since... probably Plummer, and when Plummer was making his first starts I was 14 or 15 and thought I was watching the next Montana. I'd like to think I'm a lil more down to earth now.

He has a gun for an arm, he can throw deep, he can throw with touch, he can throw with pressure and when given time he can REALLY make a team pay. There is nothing not to like thus far.

I want to be really clear about something I am about to say. I do NOT think Rosen is as good as Rodgers (I think Rodgers might be the best player ever and is tragically saddled with a bad GM and bad coach, who are only keeping their jobs because Aaron Rodgers is so damn good).

However, as far as the way he carries himself, Rosen reminds me of Rodgers. This casual cockiness. It isn't arrogance, but it is close. Willing to throw it into tight spots because... hey, he can and he know it, and when it works, he just kinda nods. At the same time, when something bad happens, he doesn't get emotional because... hey, he'll get em next time.

Definitely has a lot of the same personality traits Rodgers does. He doesn't have Aaron's legs but he's got the arm, he's got the touch, and he simply put has the mental makeup to be a great QB. He's highly intelligent, and he has complete confidence.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
From Pro Football Focus.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I didn't realize Cole was that bad in pass pro. The handful of plays I remembered to watch him, he looked good. That just shows to try to really grade somebody, you have to watch them every single play.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
...and in true Cardinals fashion the team was so horrible, no one knows about it.

I would just bulletin board all these in the wide receivers meeting room and the special teams meeting room.

Super great to watch that every thrown video and see how truly horrible our WR room is. Every one of those guys can play, as evidenced by their catches, but man, why can't they put it together every throw of the game? SO many boneheaded drops.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Like you mention in the bolded part Pharzbit, you really have like the velocity that he can put on a throw.

In one of the preseason games, he threw a perfectly placed laser to Kirk for a TD. It was an unstoppable play, and for just a moment, I dared to dream about a championship.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Super great to watch that every thrown video and see how truly horrible our WR room is. Every one of those guys can play, as evidenced by their catches, but man, why can't they put it together every throw of the game? SO many boneheaded drops.

The drops can be attributed to Rosen being different enough from Bradford that it's throwing them off a game or two.

Every QB is different, some more than others and it even varys by situation, so if they normally got a laser beam and they're getting a bit of a touch pass or vice versa then they can drop it.

Not saying it wasn't totally the WR don't know but it's likely given it's his first real start I'd say.

Reaction score
I didn't realize Cole was that bad in pass pro. The handful of plays I remembered to watch him, he looked good. That just shows to try to really grade somebody, you have to watch them every single play.

On the TD pass to Williams Cole had his man pushed ten yards downfield. He must be inconsistent. I haven't watched him on every pass play but on that TD he was good.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like most posters, I'm more than happy with Rosen's debut. But being from NY I just want to remind everyone about Sam Darnold. His first game was great but since then not so great. I hope Josh progresses, but his first year will probably come with bumps in the road.
I’d argue Darnold wasn’t even that great in his debut, just his defense being on fire that day more than anything.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That just isn't true. There are plenty of examples of Bradford standing in the pocket, waiting til the last second to deliver a perfectly timed and accurate pass. What is it about Bradford that has you so full of vitriol after 3 games? Bradford isn't the greatest QB ever but he isn't the worst either. Such teeth gnashing over someone who presumably hasn't had much impact on your football viewing life.
You are talking about Bradford historically. But this year he’s close to worse ever. And who cares about what he did before this year? Players decline for many reasons. They also sometimes (rarely) resurrect their careers. Looks like Bradford’s done. Doesn’t increase McCoy’s value though. Despite Rosen’s success the offense is still unimaginative.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You are talking about Bradford historically. But this year he’s close to worse ever. And who cares about what he did before this year? Players decline for many reasons. They also sometimes (rarely) resurrect their careers. Looks like Bradford’s done. Doesn’t increase McCoy’s value though. Despite Rosen’s success the offense is still unimaginative.
To your point, my 14 year old son who is a half season in to playing OLB on a freshman football team, after the game was telling me how easy it was to know what the play was going to be by the formations, where Fitz lined up after motion, etc. On the positive side it was awesome that he now watches football like that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn