Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spurs' Horry cries foul
Doug Haller
The Arizona Republic
May. 16, 2007 01:55 PM

Spurs forward Robert Horry said Wednesday that his two-game suspension might have had more to do with the person getting fouled rather than the foul's severity.

"If it would have been anybody but Steve Nash it probably wouldn't have been two games," Horry told reporters after the Spurs shooting session. "But Steve Nash is a great player, MVP, focal point for the NBA now so they have to protect their players."

Horry's hard foul at the end of Game 4 in San Antonio triggered an altercation that led to league discipline.

In addition to Horry's suspension, Suns center Amaré Stoudemire and Boris Diaw were suspended for tonight's Game 5 at US Airways Center for leaving the immediate bench area.

The best-of-seven series is tied 2-2.

"I was going to try and take a charge and then I thought, ssshhh, he's too fast," Horry said. "So I'm like, 'I'll just bump him a little bit,' and as you know, the great acting skill Steve has, when you hit the floor and flop, and he's like 'Oh, I'm dying over here.' ...

"It happens. I really wasn't trying to hurt him. I like Steve, he's a good person, but sometimes in the playoffs things are blown out of perspective."

The NBA suspended Horry an additional game for raising his arm in a swinging motion to hold off Raja Bell during the altercation.

"That part I regret because it was kind of high," Horry said. "It was just a reaction on my part to protect myself."

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he didn't think Horry's foul was excessive.

"I've seen harder fouls," he said. "(Horry) had to foul. Steve was running down the sideline. He was there. He gave him a shoulder. He just wanted to foul him. There was nothing hurtful or intentional at all. I didn't think it was a very big deal."

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Wow. I almost hope the Suns don't finish them off in 6 just so we can have one more shot at this bastard.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he didn't think Horry's foul was excessive.

"I've seen harder fouls," he said. "(Horry) had to foul. Steve was running down the sideline. He was there. He gave him a shoulder. He just wanted to foul him. There was nothing hurtful or intentional at all. I didn't think it was a very big deal."
What a bwitch...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the biggest pile of crap I have ever read. Some people thought Amare's "checking in" explanation was funny? It looks concrete after Horry explanation. He is so full of crap.

Look at the replay. Look at his reaction and how stone cold it was. If he really didn't mean to do it, he would have stopped to help Nash. He didn't even do that. He is trying to save the damage to his image.

However, what makes this even more funny and laughable is he is trying to put the blame to Steve?????? What a whiney cry baby lying piece of cow dung Robert Horry is.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say. If you're going to commit a cheap foul at least take it like man

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well Spurs fans defense that their players don't cry in the media just got proved wrong. Could he be more of a whiney baby? Why not blame David Stern for having a 48 minute game.....if the game was only 47 minutes this play would've never happened.

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Spurs fans should be used to seeing these:

You must be registered for see images

Add another to game 5 of this series

HardBall

Devil Man
Reaction score
Had an audio clip from him on ESPN update. Said it was a light foul and complete flop by Nash. Said he was acting like "I'm dying over here." Laughed his ass off and thought it was funny.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
all he had to do was touch the guy, and the refs would call foul.

the league does this, when the team is down and w/ no timeouts. completely lame.

i think horry just saying that to get the suns even more frustrated/irratated.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I stand by my comments from Monday night...he is a POS! When you're honestly not trying to hurt a guy, and you happen to hit him harder than you intended to, you don't walk away from it like he did. He didn't glance at him, didn't check on him or anything. There's no way he knew Steve flopped the minute it happened, so his reasoning is BS

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont understand how anyone can believe Nash flopped.. there was 18 seconds left and the game was sealed.. He knew Horry was gonna foul him to send him to the line, which happens at the end of alot of games.. What possible reason would Nash have to flop? Makes no sense to say Nash flopped..

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
There is no point in even discussing this. The guy is pig's ****. Never liked him even when he was traded to the Suns and was glad when he was shipped to LA.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
I saw the comment on ESPN and Horry has absolutely lost all respect from me. He looked almost humored by the whole ordeal.

People who doesn't have any compassion to other people are douche. He didn't even check on Nash after he hit Nash.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard