UEFA EURO 2020 11 June - 11 July.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Strange game.
Denmark looked to control the game completely Except for the first 10 minutes of Second Half. Yet Czech had several random chances while Denmark couldn’t score on theirs

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Harry Kane gives England an early lift. surprising to see him have such an easy chance.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Strange game.
Denmark looked to control the game completely Except for the first 10 minutes of Second Half. Yet Czech had several random chances while Denmark couldn’t score on theirs
I missed much of the first half. Czechia had a lot of possession box to box, but not many real chances to threaten Schmeichel.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I feel like England need to score another goal. Ukraine have had two decent chances to score in spite of watching England pass the ball around for the first 30 mins. You could see Ukraine made some changes and had more of the ball towards the end of the half. I feel like England should bring on Chilwell for Shaw and maybe Rashford or Grealish for Mount. Aside from Sancho and at times Sterling, no one is really running at people with the ball. Its all cautious play.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
3-0, Kane on hat trick watch and a chance at the golden boot. positive play from England here. they are really putting on a show. NVM about shaw being subbed, he suddenly has two assists. I can only imagine the amount of drinks flowing in England now.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Semi Finals

Spain (6) vs Italy (7)

Denmark (10) vs England (3)

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tbh, England really should be winning this now. Spinazzola being out is a massive blow for Italy. Spain are well organised but their forward options are poor.
Denmark . . .nice story and done decent players, but the good feelings can only take you so far.

England still yet to concede. Very well organised. The pairing of Rice and Phillips has been a revelation.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Tbh, England really should be winning this now. Spinazzola being out is a massive blow for Italy. Spain are well organised but their forward options are poor.
Denmark . . .nice story and done decent players, but the good feelings can only take you so far.

England still yet to concede. Very well organised. The pairing of Rice and Phillips has been a revelation.
I agree with all of this, especially now that England are wearing their scoring boots. Combine that with the games being at Wembley. That is a massive advantage. I don’t know how they can keep sancho and grealish off. For me they are better than mount right now. I think they still have a lot ahead of them, but absolutely they should beat Denmark. they need to score goals. if they do face Italy that will be a memorable final. I wouldn’t put it past Spain to pull the upset of Italy though. Italy paid a heavy toll to hold off Belgium in that last 20 minutes.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, if England can't win basically a home tourney, there's something wrong. I have no confidence they can do it, though, even though they're looking like top dog. It's just...they choke. It's what they do.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
UK has Locked down their borders due to the Delta-strain.
No fans of the other teams Can attend the semis and final

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, if England can't win basically a home tourney, there's something wrong. I have no confidence they can do it, though, even though they're looking like top dog. It's just...they choke. It's what they do.
Some have in the past for sure, but this squad is certainly different. Everyone thought they were coming out playing boring, but in reality Southgate had a plan and has religiously stuck to it.

Plus, the squad genuinely seems together. Nobody like Rooney, Gerrard, Rio or Lampard thinking they're above everyone else. No Manchester v Liverpool groups causing upset.

I'm not saying they will, but if they lose it won't be a choke it'll be because they're outplayed on the day.

I just can't see any of the team's left scoring more than possibly one goal. They're too organised.

Stout

Reaction score
Some have in the past for sure, but this squad is certainly different. Everyone thought they were coming out playing boring, but in reality Southgate had a plan and has religiously stuck to it.

Plus, the squad genuinely seems together. Nobody like Rooney, Gerrard, Rio or Lampard thinking they're above everyone else. No Manchester v Liverpool groups causing upset.

I'm not saying they will, but if they lose it won't be a choke it'll be because they're outplayed on the day.

I just can't see any of the team's left scoring more than possibly one goal. They're too organised.

More than a fair assessment. It could indeed be their time.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I have to admit that this England squad is different. they were also very good in the World Cup 2018. That team played with strong unity, but they were fortunate to be on the easy side of the knockout bracket and they were not better than the top teams in 2018. Now three years later, they are a lot more talented and experienced, combined with the unity and chemistry. Now they have the result over Germany, yes not Germany circa 2014, but still it was an exorcism for that entire squad and country. None of this means anything if they don't get a result against Denmark. they have to beat Denmark. and Denmark are probably a bit underrated going into this match because of the whole cinderella story. they are good, people forget that cinderella was good! If Denmark had Christian Eriksen, this match would be a lot closer to even.

Beyond that, I think an England Italy final would be very tough. Italy are the best team I've watched over the entire course of this tournament. Yes England have not conceded, but they have also not defeated a team of Belgium's quality yet. and italy were convincing in that one.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
UK has Locked down their borders due to the Delta-strain.
No fans of the other teams Can attend the semis and final
what about Danes, Italians, and spaniards already living in the UK? there's probably a lot of them in London, perhaps enough to make an impact if their squads are playing well.

Stout

Reaction score
what about Danes, Italians, and spaniards already living in the UK? there's probably a lot of them in London, perhaps enough to make an impact if their squads are playing well.

Just reinforces what a massive advantage England has and continues to have. Italy have had one too, etc.

Out of curiosity, why is the tourney being held like this? What's the thinking behind it?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Just reinforces what a massive advantage England has and continues to have. Italy have had one too, etc.

Out of curiosity, why is the tourney being held like this? What's the thinking behind it?
True, England have played away only once and they will have a huge advantage over Denmark. So I read that this multinational hosting of the tournament was to mark the 60th anniversary of the competition, but the decision to arrange that was made in 2012. 2024 euro will be in Germany. You would think with COVID mitigating factors still taking place and being unique country to country, that they would have just left it in one country to minimize travel. It is kind of unique to see the event across the continent, but at the same time it is completely unfair for England to get so many home fixtures.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Tbf, the tournament is normally held in one sole country. This time, a few nations have had an 'advantage' as opposed to just one.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
So I wasn’t sure about the fixture locations this year either until I searched for it. they don’t really cover football too much in the USA so it’s hard to stay informed these days. I really miss living in England. Maybe it’s harsh for me to say England have had an unfair advantage and to their credit they have earned the results. Their game in Rome was their best so far. I think there are some countries like Belgium that did not play a home fixture and there were locations where there was no team represented if I read correctly. It probably would not be as big of a talking point if fans could travel more. At the end of the day I’m happy they are still yet playing the tournament and I do hope to see England in the final.

Last edited:

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
True, England have played away only once and they will have a huge advantage over Denmark. So I read that this multinational hosting of the tournament was to mark the 60th anniversary of the competition, but the decision to arrange that was made in 2012. 2024 euro will be in Germany. You would think with COVID mitigating factors still taking place and being unique country to country, that they would have just left it in one country to minimize travel. It is kind of unique to see the event across the continent, but at the same time it is completely unfair for England to get so many home fixtures.
Problem is.. There are rules and procedures in place to move games away from high infected countries in this Euro. UEFA just chooses NOT to do it, because it one of the two most influencial countries within soccer.