UEFA EURO 2020 11 June - 11 July.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm happy to see the England/Germany matchup. If there were ever a time for England to defeat Germany in an important fixture, this would be the time. I'm not quite sure what to make of England's ability to produce a title at the international level (senior). For Harry Kane and and some others, this is their moment.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Knockout phase:

Belgium vs Portugal
Italy vs Austria

France vs Switzerland
Croatia vs Spain

Sweden vs Ukraine
England vs Germany

Netherlands vs Czech Republic
Wales vs Denmark

So far it's not disappointing. Denmark advances and are probably the neutral favorite due to the circumstances. Gareth Bale is at least one or two years past his prime.

Austria are really taking it to Italy, unlucky not to be up a goal before the end of regulation. VAR disallowed a goal where their player was offsides by the most slightest of margins. As Taylor Twellman would say break out the measuring devices.

The rest of the matches are very good, tough to call. You could see anything happening.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wow, what a game in Italy, but the real story for me is Demnark. I hope they win the whole kit and caboodle. 4-nil thrashing of Wales. Isn't Denmark the team that won the Euros once after they had already gone to the beach, only to find out they got into the tourney?

OP
OP
Luciano

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow, what a game in Italy, but the real story for me is Demnark. I hope they win the whole kit and caboodle. 4-nil thrashing of Wales. Isn't Denmark the team that won the Euros once after they had already gone to the beach, only to find out they got into the tourney?

Yes 1992, Brian Laudrup played in that team. They got in because Yougoslavia was kicked out for the balcan war.

Denmark was my underdog possible surprise team right after the usual Germany France England Belgium and Italy.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Netherlands out, I was not expecting !
me neither, Czech Republic!

Belgium looked really good today in possession against Portugal. I missed much of the second half. I would be worried about their injury to KDB. they need him if they are going to advance beyond Italy. I would normally like their chances vs. Italy, but you have to wonder what the toll of the game against Portugal will have on them. it was also a scorcher. it is difficult to play football in that type of heat.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
me neither, Czech Republic!

Belgium looked really good today in possession against Portugal. I missed much of the second half. I would be worried about their injury to KDB. they need him if they are going to advance beyond Italy. I would normally like their chances vs. Italy, but you have to wonder what the toll of the game against Portugal will have on them. it was also a scorcher. it is difficult to play football in that type of heat.

There is not a favorite team, but Belgium has a questionable defense and they don't use Lukaku properly, he is left alone against other defenders, he gives his best with another forward next to him

Lorenzo

Reaction score
There is not a favorite team, but Belgium has a questionable defense and they don't use Lukaku properly, he is left alone against other defenders, he gives his best with another forward next to him
They’ve just earned a clean sheet vs. Portugal. Yes Portugal were unlucky not to score, but they couldn’t get the ball in the first 45. Certainly some of the Belgian defenders are older in age and that can be exploited, but their defenders are very good on the ball going forward. They don’t need much help and they can play any formation within the game. The question is can they still play on an island like they used to. Lukaku is great at holding the ball up. He won’t get much credit, but the hazard goal doesn’t happen without his ability to hold the ball and allow the play to develop. I think he can play any style and excel. He’s better than Harry Kane and many others at holding the ball. But for me the bigger question with Belgium is can they get through the gauntlet of their bracket. I still think the French are the deepest team in this tournament with Belgium being there behind them. Belgium are more attack minded than the French team but the French team overall is a lot more defensive oriented and capable of scoring many ways.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
What a response by the Swiss after the pogba goal. They really brought it today. Just goes to show the names on the shirt are always able to be humbled by penalties.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr