Quarterfinals

Belgium (1) vs Italy (7)
Switzerland (13) vs Spain (6)

Czech Republic (40) vs Denmark (10)
Sweden/Ukraine winner vs England/Germany winner

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Yes 1992, Brian Laudrup played in that team. They got in because Yougoslavia was kicked out for the balcan war.

Denmark was my underdog possible surprise team right after the usual Germany France England Belgium and Italy.
The 1992 Euro championship was IMO on the back of the best goalie in the world - possible ever.

This team is a "golden generation" for Denmark. Saw a ranking where both Højbjerg and Mæhle rated in the top 5 in the tournament so far and then add two of the biggest talents in the world in Damsgård (20 yo) and Skov-Olsen (21yo). Just a shame that their biggest star is out.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
so far England taking a very defensive approach vs. Germany. they've left many of their young players on the bench. If they lose this one something tells me Southgate will be out.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
ok after the first 10 mins England looked like the better side. they have been positive with the ball.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ukraine wins and had to go almost the full extra time. This tourney is totally breaking for England. If they don't win these Euros, I don't think they sniff a major tourney win for a long, long time. The trauma will be too much to this crop of players.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Ukraine wins and had to go almost the full extra time. This tourney is totally breaking for England. If they don't win these Euros, I don't think they sniff a major tourney win for a long, long time. The trauma will be too much to this crop of players.

They are by far in the easier "half" of the tournament. Mostly likely England - Denmark in the semi.

The other half still have Belgium, Spain and Italy with France and Portugal already out of it.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quarterfinals

Belgium (1) vs Italy (7)
Switzerland (13) vs Spain (6)

Czech Republic (40) vs Denmark (10)
Ukraine (24) vs England (3)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have
They are by far in the easier "half" of the tournament. Mostly likely England - Denmark in the semi.

The other half still have Belgium, Spain and Italy with France and Portugal already out of it.

Indeed, England can win this thing for sure.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Spain being the #6 team in the world is way off base. I'm not buying into their last 2 games.

I think they are getting by on previous success. I personally don't think they belong in the top 10.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing that I noticed this tournament, there hasn't been a team out there that doesn't have some major holes and can be beaten on any particular day by any team left in the tournament.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
One thing that I noticed this tournament, there hasn't been a team out there that doesn't have some major holes and can be beaten on any particular day by any team left in the tournament.
Absolutely, I feel like the winner of Belgium and Italy will be favored to win. Italy were looking very strong, but were fortunate to get past Austria.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think Spain being the #6 team in the world is way off base. I'm not buying into their last 2 games.

I think they are getting by on previous success. I personally don't think they belong in the top 10.
They are one of the teams I haven’t watched yet. If they get past Czechia then they will have a very tough task getting further along.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I have

Indeed, England can win this thing for sure.
Absolutely, they should be in the final with the quality of players that they have. With that said Ukraine and Denmark have the players to beat them. For me the Germany win would be uplifting for their confidence. But they can’t get caught in celebration mode because Germany are not the same Germany either. England need to stay confident and they need to put that victory behind them. I think Gareth southgate will be reminding them of this. The interesting thing about England for me is their depth. They have the depth to rival and defeat the other top squads.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
And spain go through on penalties. There was a rather smooth Michael Oliver red card in this match that took the fun out of it. Broadcaster said it was harsh, certainly I’ve known Oliver to allow physical play and not give cheap calls so I was a little surprised by it.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That wasn’t a penalty on Doku
what a great half of play! it absolutely was a penalty, albeit the contact was soft, the Italian player pushed him from behind after he was beaten in a one on one battle. he has to let him go in that situation. on the other end in Italy's goal, you see t. hazard basically allowing the goal scorer to go around him because he has to make the choice of initiating contact or letting the player go around him once he's beaten in a one on one battle. for me a fair score line at halftime. both of these sides are so quick to attack if you hold the ball too long and turn the ball over. could have been more goals.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Semi Finals

Spain (6) vs Italy (7)

Czech Republic (40)/Denmark (10) winner vs
Ukraine (24)/England (3) winner

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Spinazzola ruptured Achilles. Really sucks. He was phenomenal this tournament.
Yes definitely a huge loss, he has been the best left back/wing in this tournament, italy has been more dangerous on his side...
The replacement is not even close, unfortunately spinazzola career has been plagued by injuries

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
very sad to hear that injury news. Italy played so well today and they deserve the victory. they came out in the second looking to score more goals. Belgium played well too, they couldn't find the goal.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hoping for Denmark to win it all, and for England to crash out. Italy should handle Spain handily. My poor Fabian Schar missed a penalty, and now there are no more Newcastle players left...although Graeme Jones, a Newcastle COACH, continues with the England setup ;)

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Hoping for Denmark to win it all, and for England to crash out. Italy should handle Spain handily. My poor Fabian Schar missed a penalty, and now there are no more Newcastle players left...although Graeme Jones, a Newcastle COACH, continues with the England setup ;)
I want to see England and Denmark do well. I could see England struggling as favorites today and in the next match vs. Denmark will be difficult if they do win today. I guess from a neutral standpoint I prefer to see an Italy/England final, but Denmark would be a fairy tale .