UEFA EURO 2020 11 June - 11 July.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Right team won...

With the clips starting to surface.. English fans are a disgrace and England should never be allowed to host anything

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Weird to just use stats to say Italy dominated. It's not like they were constantly threatening. They looked fairly frustrated themselves for much of the game and were happy for pens.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The most damning thing to say (beyond English teams always crashing out on penalties) is that I felt like I was watching a Newcastle game. When they come out strong under Bruce and score an early game, you KNOW what's going to happen; they're going to back off, refuse to take advantage of momentum, and eventually turtle/park the bus to try to protect a clean sheet to win 1-0. For all Southgate has done really well at this tournament, he absolutely, 100 percent crapped the bed.

For the first half, this plan worked. I think Southgate went into half time and made another Bruce-like mistake: Assuming the other team won't make adjustments. This is such a foolish mindset even playing against a lowly West Brom or Fulham, let alone a world-class team like Italy. Why wasn't he trying to adjust when the Italians kept coming at them in waves? Why not change it up with a Graelish much, MUCH earlier? Why would you EVER throw a couple of kids on with nary a kick or two between them, to then expect them to take the most important penalties in England in over 50 years? Saka? I won't put that on Southgate. He was in the game for a long time, and he probably wanted the ball. And, though I really, really loved the result, I felt so bad for the kid. He was bawling his eyes out, and my heart went out to him.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Right team won...

With the clips starting to surface.. English fans are a disgrace and England should never be allowed to host anything
I don’t know what this has to do with the right team won, unless you are saying Italy deserved to win on the merit of their play…then yes.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2nd most successful English manager of all time I guess now with a semi and a final.

For all Italy's possession they still could only score from a bundled corner. The way some are acting is as of they won by a wide margin as opposed to penalties.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
2nd most successful English manager of all time I guess now with a semi and a final.

For all Italy's possession they still could only score from a bundled corner. The way some are acting is as of they won by a wide margin as opposed to penalties.
No, it definitely wasn't as if Italy overmatched them or anything. I think they just reacted negatively to protect the lead and Southgate didn't do a good job to rectify that. You're right, though, in that he is definitely the 2nd most successful.

OP
OP
Luciano

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Chick celebrating in Italy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members