U.S. Pulls out a Miracle v. Panama

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
For those of you who don't know, I'm talking about U.S. Men's World Cup Qualifying in Soccer.

Who saw the game? I mean, did we ever deserve to lose this game or what? Wow, what a pathetic second-half. Against Jamaica, at least, I felt we played with enough heart that we did earn the draw. I was screaming at the TV as we played Jamaica. It was like the players flat-out didn't care.

Still, we got VERY lucky and managed a 1-1 draw. We're on top of the group, so it doesn't matter, but we cannot continue to play like that.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Stout said:
For those of you who don't know, I'm talking about U.S. Men's World Cup Qualifying in Soccer.

Who saw the game? I mean, did we ever deserve to lose this game or what? Wow, what a pathetic second-half. Against Jamaica, at least, I felt we played with enough heart that we did earn the draw. I was screaming at the TV as we played Jamaica. It was like the players flat-out didn't care.

Still, we got VERY lucky and managed a 1-1 draw. We're on top of the group, so it doesn't matter, but we cannot continue to play like that.

The U.S. has been somewhat of an enigma this year, intermingling great performances with pretty mediocre performances. I was hoping that they would build on the El Salvador domination, but apparently inconsistency is the name of the game with this team.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The S.O.B.'s didn't deserve the win but I was very thankful they got it. They really played sloppy and without much sense of purpose all game. Conor Casey needs to come off the bench and not be a starter, he has done nothing in 3 straight games now. I was cursing the TV and every player on the pitch until the miracle happened.

In other soccer news....my U11 Boys Team make their tournament debut next week, participating in the Gold bracket of Tucson United. If we win our group we will likely play the youth soccer powerhouse Sereno in the Semi's. Wish us luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn