How opponents are trending

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I guess, but the truth is they didn’t. They were also in a low-scoring slugfest against a bad Philly team & almost let Detroit pull a comeback for the ages, they could be 0-3, but in the end, that doesn’t matter because they got the job done in those games.

The second LA got Stafford, I said they were gonna run away with the division, but the Niners have a lot of flaws people overlooked/looking because they love Shanahan too much.
I don’t think the niners are world beaters but to dismiss them at this stage seems silly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
wait...in your original point you stated the packers are better than every opponent we have faced so far...

so if you stick by that, I wont even look at upcoming schedules....

the Pack has to have a better win/loss percentage at seasons end than the Titans, Vikings and Jaguars.....if any of the three have a better record than the Pack,...I win...Pack has a better record than all of them, you win??

Ninety day avatar bet,...and the loser cant hide for three months,...has to come in and post as normal

what do you say?
Kinda seems like you’re stacking the deck. Would be a fairer bet if you choose the top opponent we’ve played and we go head to head. But if you believe you need an edge because you’re not confident, then sure.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Kinda seems like you’re stacking the deck. Would be a fairer bet if you choose the top opponent we’ve played and we go head to head. But if you believe you need an edge because you’re not confident, then sure.
dude... I havent bet against the packers since Favres second season.....you better not make me post up a picture of a dogs butt

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Football Outsiders has the Cards with the *projected* hardest remaining schedule

the other NFC West teams are up there as well, but still

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
its a tough division no doubt. but im starting to think it isnt as tough as it has been in years past.
seattle looks like they have finally fallen to earth,... but coach pete and russ cant be counted out to bounce back so we will see...
the niners...the niners are a glass cannon .... they can blow a team up but they fall apart every season.... they have a long history of drafting injury prone players and it has culminated in a great roster...that is always injured

at the moment it appears that the nfcw is a two team race between us and the rams... the same rams who have absolutely owned us the past five years.

but we got better on both sides of the ball since last season,...our coach has learned a bit,...and our young franchise has grown and learned more about being a pro...

despite their record, the rams roster isnt as good as it was last year.... they are doing some very good coaching on the defensive side of the ball.

but make no mistakes...we were built to beat this team.... when steve keim looks at players he wonders how they match up against the rams. we got hudson specifically because he was the only center in the league to ever completely neutralize aaron donald... Hop neutralizes jalen ramsey and keeps him occupied... which leads us to green, kirk, and moore...green has size and skill, kirk has skills and some speed, and moore is quick, fast, shifty...and apparently has some skills of his own..if the rams commit the guys necessary to cover all our weapons then kyler is going to run for 200 yards...if they dont, then he is going to pass for 400
defensively I think we were built to get to goff, but the same philosophies hold true with stafford... the problem is that our pass rush is terribly inconsistent. watt has been doing pretty good but chan blew his wad in week one and disappeared.... I love me some Gardeck the destroyer... but players rarely come back from a knee and produce in the first season back so I dont expect a big boost when he returns... but we sure do need it.....we really need jones to remember he is in a contract year and play like it... dont necessarily need the sacks, but hits, hurries, disruptions... he needs to be having 6-8 a game... and a few actual sacks wouldnt hurt.

if we are real, and this is a two team race.... we need to just go out there and play Cardinal football.... dont "just take what the defense gives you" because thats how the rams win...we need to dictate to them how the game goes... take the yardage we want while beating up their offense with good scheme and punishing hits.
we can beat the rams.we have more talent than they do, an overall better roster..... kliff and vance just have to work their way past mcvay
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I said 7-10, but will update to 8-9 with win @TEN. The next three games will tell us what we need to know about this team and Kliffy. He hasn't earned any trust and is still the worst coach in the division until proven otherwise.

In this division, the cream rises to the top. Carroll and Russell aren't going to let the Seahawks have a losing season. Shanahan's only loss is on a last second FG. McVay's going to win the division. There's only one team in the NFCW that, barring injury, has the potential to slip and fall to last place, and it's the only one coached by someone who's never been to a Super Bowl, let alone the playoffs.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I said 7-10, but will update to 8-9 with win @TEN. The next three games will tell us what we need to know about this team and Kliffy. He hasn't earned any trust and is still the worst coach in the division until proven otherwise.

In this division, the cream rises to the top. Carroll and Russell aren't going to let the Seahawks have a losing season. Shanahan's only loss is on a last second FG. McVay's going to win the division. There's only one team in the NFCW that, barring injury, has the potential to slip and fall to last place, and it's the only one coached by someone who's never been to a Super Bowl, let alone the playoffs.
And Shanahan has a losing record in 3 out of 4 seasons. You could point on that is due to injuries.....but the injury bug is already hitting the Niners, so I think it has something to do with roster construction at this point.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
And Shanahan has a losing record in 3 out of 4 seasons. You could point on that is due to injuries.....but the injury bug is already hitting the Niners, so I think it has something to do with roster construction at this point.

I've never seen a team be ravaged by injuries to their core players in my life for multiple seasons. I'm sure it's not coincidental (shoutout to the training department in SF), but in a vacuum, I trust Shanahan a lot more than I do Kliff. We've seen Shanahan out-scheme Kliff in the past, especially with a 3rd string QB in AZ, and I don't foresee that changing.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've never seen a team be ravaged by injuries to their core players in my life for multiple seasons. I'm sure it's not coincidental (shoutout to the training department in SF), but in a vacuum, I trust Shanahan a lot more than I do Kliff. We've seen Shanahan out-scheme Kliff in the past, especially with a 3rd string QB in AZ, and I don't foresee that changing.
And Kyler was banged up and not playing well either though. Hard to scheme well when your QB is playing like butts.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not even a Kliff stan, but I would love to see the talks around the media if this team makes the playoffs & Shanahan ends up with another losing record since him & Lynch can’t stop with drafting & signing players that were already injury prone in college.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
In the 34 games Jimmy G has started for SF they’re averaging 28 ppg. In those games they’re 24-9.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was in defense of Shanahan.
You can say that about any HC when comparing their records with vs without their starting QB. Shoutout to their elite defense in 2019, too. Where’s the blame gonna go this time if Shanny endures another losing season? Only Lynch?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the 34 games Jimmy G has started for SF they’re averaging 28 ppg. In those games they’re 24-9.
You can have him. Grappalo is just good enough to break your heart as a fan over and over.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You can say that about any HC when comparing their records with vs without their starting QB. Shoutout to their elite defense in 2019, too. Where’s the blame gonna go this time if Shanny endures another losing season? Only Lynch?
Ah, no. You can’t say every coach has a 73% winning percentage when they have their starting QB. Note, that’s all he said.