True Blood (HBO)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't that like four seasons ago?

I was referring to the Season 4 premiere where they turned on her and all turned into goblins chucking fairy grenades at her. LOL. One of the most horrible writing jobs of any season opener I have ever seen.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
as in the Chinese mob? what the hell happened to this show?!

Japanese mob. Apparently they were behind the manufacture of True Blood. But Eric killed the 3 looking for Sarah Newlin. And both he and Bill have Hep-V but no mention as to how they contracted it. This season is a hot mess).

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:thumbup:

I just checked, and the hot redhead never got naked on the show full of nudity? I so got out at the right time lol

At the end of one season we got to see a boob. Worse yet, the chick who plays Sara Newlin, the smoking hot Anna Camp, did a sex scene this season but didn't show us anything.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the end of one season we got to see a boob. Worse yet, the chick who plays Sara Newlin, the smoking hot Anna Camp, did a sex scene this season but didn't show us anything.

Tragedy. It looks like it doesn't get any better next week either as she looks to be in a hoody and sweat pants. BOO! :D

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This series mercifully ends this Sunday with a 2 hour finale. The writing for this show was insanely horrible. They spent more time bashing Christians and conservatives than actually coming up with a decent pot line, something that still isn't very clear. I mean the Yakuza being led by a Japanese guy with a Texas accent? Oy.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
*Spoilers*

Watching the finale now and OMFG. Horrible doesn't begin to describe it. Boring and like the series has been since season 4, all over the place. Storylines no one cares about, no discernible plot whatsoever. This entire season should have been called Deus Ex Machina because that's all it's been.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to agree. It was a mercy killing..... this finale. I mean they spent a ton of time going over stuff I think most people didn't care about and rehashed conversations.

One of the main characters Lafayette was merely a footnote with no real ending to his storyline. Sam made a brief cameo as well. Bad ass vampires Eric and Pam going all QVC. The Hallmark channel ending where they try and wrap the entire series into a bow with a picture perfect Thanksgiving. The invalidation of Sookie and Bill's journey was incredibly stupid writing. Ohh...forgot about the bad ass Yakuza guys that were dispatched like paper in one episode after being formidable earlier. The cowboy Yakuza leaders death was so freaking laughable and abrupt after trying to make it a major plot point.

This all on top of the other issues this season. The two deaths of the main characters earlier this season were some of the lamest ever. They wasted time on Letty Mae and Tara's mystery which....wasn't that mysterious. The utter lack of direction heading into this season.

How freaking lame. This show ended with a huge THUD.

I mean the show always has this mythos around the the Vampire politics and such and they crash and burned through all of that the last season. Also, they managed to do the same with the Vampire religious aspects as well.

Hoyt and Jason reconciling was probably the only thing that I really cared about in the finale. I mean why not turn Bill into a human? They actually alluded to him feeling more human. You could have easily written that him being a vampire God made the Hep-V have a different impact on him or even that having Fairy blood allowed him to survive. Instead it was....hey I have been loving you Sookie for the last several seasons but...I miss my family and my dead wife and prefer to be dead.

Did I mention how lame this episode was?

Wow....really? What a train wreck the last 2 seasons and the finale was. What a huge huge disappointment. You would think these writers caught Hep-V and were dying since last season.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pissed. I haven't watched the show in ages, but watched the last forty minutes of the finale just to see what happened. didn't really care about anything until they used Zeppelin's Thank You as the song to end the series and THAT pissed me off. That's WAYYYYYYYYY too good of a song to be wasted on a series ender for a show as awful as this was.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm pissed. I haven't watched the show in ages, but watched the last forty minutes of the finale just to see what happened. didn't really care about anything until they used Zeppelin's Thank You as the song to end the series and THAT pissed me off. That's WAYYYYYYYYY too good of a song to be wasted on a series ender for a show as awful as this was.

You didn't miss anything. The entire production was on autopilot since season 3.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I guess that's what I get for sticking it out these past few seasons, but that finale. I know the show has been terrible anyway, but man that finale, that was the worst. Like almost a middle finger from the writers and HBO like; Haha that's what you get for staying with us to the end.

So bad. So very, very bad.

OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I came back after a several year break to finish off the last few seasons. Boy this show really fell off the rails. By the end, the only interesting characters were Jason, Andy, and Pam. I guess Pam wasn't that interesting, but I really liked her f-off attitude.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved Pam.

The show got brutally bad to watch though.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
In the middle of binge watching this. Never seen it.

It's hilarious...

Aawwww Sookie

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Liked the show but by the end it was definitely time to end it.
im just past the part where Terra got turned...
it seems lots of hollywood writers have an affliction...instead of telling a story in which some crazy stuff happens they seem to think each new crazy thing has to be more outrageous than the last.
If they just stuck with the original world building they could tell better stories IMO

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
im just past the part where Terra got turned...
it seems lots of hollywood writers have an affliction...instead of telling a story in which some crazy stuff happens they seem to think each new crazy thing has to be more outrageous than the last.
If they just stuck with the original world building they could tell better stories IMO
That is the absolute truth. How in the hell do you screw up a season where an amnesiac Eric spends half the book banging Sookie? They managed it.

Very fun for a few seasons. Very awful after that.