True Blood (HBO)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
New HBO show, premiers Sunday.

Thanks to a Japanese scientist's invention of synthetic blood, vampires have progressed from legendary monsters to fellow citizens overnight. And while humans have been safely removed from the menu, many remain apprehensive about these creatures "coming out of the coffin." Religious leaders and government officials around the world have chosen their sides, but in the small Louisiana town of Bon Temps, the jury is still out.

Local waitress Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), however, knows how it feels to be an outcast. "Cursed" with the ability to listen in on people's thoughts, she's also open-minded about the integration of vampires — particularly when it comes to Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer), a handsome 173-year-old living up the road. But as Sookie is drawn into a series of mysteries surrounding Bill's arrival in Bon Temps, that tolerance will be put to the test.

A sexy, scary new drama from 'Six Feet Under' creator Alan Ball, 'True Blood' delves into the meticulously-crafted world of novelist Charlaine Harris. Described by the Emmy®-winning Ball as "popcorn for smart people" and featuring a colorful cast of local misfits, 'True Blood' promises an intense ride.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844441/

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
True Blood, HBO.

I had reservations prior to watching it.
After watching it.
I am absolutely in!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I had never even heard of this show. When I saw an ad for it on IMDB I checked out the ad and decided to watch it. Lo and behold, the premier was in five minutes. Perfect!

I agree, the show rocks. Damn cliffhangers!!!

OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
"popcorn for smart people"

That's a great way to put it. I watched the first half of Sunday's episode last night, looks very cool.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Was very good... Bill is pretty cool, Sookie (X-men: Rogue) is a hottie!!! Really liked all the characters. looking forward to the next episode...

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'm still not quite sure where this is leading. The first episode didn't shed a lot of light on it...not that I disliked it, I'll continue to watch it.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DAMN IT. I thought this looked bad, but reading vampire books right now and the posts above, well, better start DVRing it. :|

OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Finished off episode one last night. Quirky characters, interesting fresh story, I’m in.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
After two episodes this looks like it's just going to get better and better.

And then HBO will cancel it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i actually felt like the 2nd episode lagged pretty hard, especially for a second episode of an entire series. really like the first episode and i'll go along for the ride for a little while at least. Ball gets that kind of respect from me after American Beauty and especially Six Feet Under.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
i actually felt like the 2nd episode lagged pretty hard, especially for a second episode of an entire series. really like the first episode and i'll go along for the ride for a little while at least. Ball gets that kind of respect from me after American Beauty and especially Six Feet Under.

I think it was one of those episodes that sets up the story for the next few fast paced episodes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was one of those episodes that sets up the story for the next few fast paced episodes.

i hope so. I do know this, the first episode did very well and the second episode actually gained 24% viewership wise and HBO has already said today that they've renewed the order for season 2 already so this baby definitely's gonna have some legs which is exciting because it lets Ball know he can really go whatever the hell he wants at this point. Like I said, ep. 2 didn't wow me, but it was a pretty stellar pilot and I'm hoping the upcoming episodes get me hooked more and more.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
I really liked the second episode! Jason (brother of Sookie) cracks me up....

I loved it when Jason was watching the video (in the police office) banging the chick that died. He finally saw the end where she pulled a fast one over him!

OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I really liked the second episode! Jason (brother of Sookie) cracks me up....

I loved it when Jason was watching the video (in the police office) banging the chick that died. He finally saw the end where she pulled a fast one over him!

Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny too. So was Tara's made-up story to get rid of that douchebag that was hitting on her.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hooked. I think I actually liked the second episode better.

Joe

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking he was the dog who is always lurking around when Sookie is alone.

SunDevilDon

Registered
Reaction score
This show is AWESOME, been watching since day one!. Halloween they had a marathon all in a row, sorry if you missed it.

I've gotten 4 people hooked and could get more, if I had a DVR :(