True Blood (HBO)

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with you guys. The Terri thing is so stupid especially the funeral. And the werewolf stuff just seems so forced.

It seems like they have 20 minutes of story and 37 minutes of filler. Ugh.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched it for the first time the other night and kind of jumped right into the latest episode to see what it was all about. I must say it was complete crap.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, 1/2 the episode on the funeral was ridiculous. The rest was pretty damn awesome. I still think this is the best season in some time.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, that season finale sucked. I mean, the previous episode was Citizen Kane compared to the finale.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that season finale sucked. I mean, the previous episode was Citizen Kane compared to the finale.

Yeah I have to admit it was a let down. What the hell is it lately with some of the shows I watch having a crap finale? Seriously, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire and now this?

Seriously, the 2nd to the last episodes were better for each of those shows. WTH?!?!!?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm still in disbelief. Even as craptastic as this show can be at times, that finale sucked donkeys. When it was over I was just like; "really?"

Think I'm done with this show now. It was a good time killer in the summer but it's just not even worth the time spent in the evening on summer Sundays.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm still in disbelief. Even as craptastic as this show can be at times, that finale sucked donkeys. When it was over I was just like; "really?"

Think I'm done with this show now. It was a good time killer in the summer but it's just not even worth the time spent in the evening on summer Sundays.

You're only NOW done with it? :D

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You're only NOW done with it? :D

LoL I have a hard time letting things go. I think I kept holding out hope that it was going to get atleast 'semi-good' again, but it is what it is.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I still enjoy this show and will continue to watch it until it ends. Even as silly as it has gotten its still better than 95% of the other crap on TV.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still enjoy this show and will continue to watch it until it ends. Even as silly as it has gotten its still better than 95% of the other crap on TV.

If you're watching this current season, they should be trying your loyalty. 2 episodes in and this season is horrendous. I mean, horrendous.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If you're watching this current season, they should be trying your loyalty. 2 episodes in and this season is horrendous. I mean, horrendous.

Respectfully, I disagree. I was only going to watch this season because it is the last and I've watched a the others, but I actually think these first two episodes were good.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Respectfully, I disagree. I was only going to watch this season because it is the last and I've watched a the others, but I actually think these first two episodes were good.

You're in the extreme minority. Let me ask you, what, exactly, is this season's plot?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The first two episodes were pretty decent but nothing spectacular. The last episode felt very Walking Dead to me with the abandoned town. I am just praying we get something halfway decent for the final episodes for the unevenness of the past 2 seasons.

Heck they are ahead of the game if they didn't start with the "Fairy World" stuff.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some Spoilers

Tonight's episode, like the first 2 was wrought with lazy plot devices but they killed off 2 members of the supporting cast.
One who's been there from the first season and one from the past few seasons who had become a fan (female)favorite.

Still no serviceable plot to speak of.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonight's episode, like the first 2 was wrought with lazy plot devices but they killed off 2 members of the supporting cast.
One who's been there from the first season and one from the past few seasons who had become a fan (female)favorite.

Still no serviceable plot to speak of.

What the hell are they doing? First an offscreen death for a long time favorite, a very weenie death for another fan favorite....and I have to admit I rather enjoyed the person's death with the heart ripped out. :)

Still....this seems like really lazy writing to give characters sendoffs. I am just getting more and more pissed off I stuck out this show for this long.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
This show has become Dexter. Completely lost its way, but I'll watch it through to the end anyway.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This show has become Dexter. Completely lost its way, but I'll watch it through to the end anyway.

Does anyone know what the plot is for this season? It isn't the H-Vamps. They're obviously a McGuffin. However, based on the last episode:

The Yakuza seem to be a part of this plot.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the plot is for this season? It isn't the H-Vamps. They're obviously a McGuffin. However, based on the last episode:

Beats the hell out of me what is going on. I think the writing team has been extremely schizophrenic for some time now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

as in the Chinese mob? what the hell happened to this show?!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
as in the Chinese mob? what the hell happened to this show?!

Seriously...this feels like they sat in a room said OK...episode #1 kill this person off. How do we do it?....I don't know think of something.

Episode #2 kill this person off. How do we do it? I still don't know...think of something quick.

Episode # (insert here)..rinse & repeat.

OMG, it would be one thing if there was one bad death so far but two fan favorites given two of the worst on screen deaths I can remember? Well one was litterally off screen.

Overall the first couple episodes were not bad minus the death scenes. Seriously, it feels like they gave ZERO thought to the deaths that have occurred so far. It's a slap in the face to the long time fans who have stuck it out this far. I am starting to think I should have jumped ship after that episode where Sookie went to fairyland which has to be one of the worst things I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously...this feels like they sat in a room said OK...episode #1 kill this person off. How do we do it?....I don't know think of something.

Episode #2 kill this person off. How do we do it? I still don't know...think of something quick.

Episode # (insert here)..rinse & repeat.

OMG, it would be one thing if there was one bad death so far but two fan favorites given two of the worst on screen deaths I can remember? Well one was litterally off screen.

Overall the first couple episodes were not bad minus the death scenes. Seriously, it feels like they gave ZERO thought to the deaths that have occurred so far. It's a slap in the face to the long time fans who have stuck it out this far. I am starting to think I should have jumped ship after that episode where Sookie when to fairyland which has to be one of the worst things I have ever seen.

That was where I jumped ship.