Trey Mcbride has only 129 receiving yards in 10 starts

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that these metrics have any predictive or informational value.
I think they have predictive value - it says that McBride runs some of the longest routes among TEs and also is targeted when running those routes at a very high rate per TE. I think you can use those two facts to predict those things could continue. I think they provide informational value as well. I also think no one would care enough about these stats to point them out if the name above McBride was some nobody instead of Travis Kelce.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Centers was a TE for a season? (Not directed at DBJ, just statmuse)
I noticed that as well - those numbers tie out to the 1993 season exactly. I wonder if they just made a mistake.

But Centers had more receptions that year than ANY other Cardinal player, beating out Ricky Proehl by one catch

Then again, the three listed TE's on Pro-football Reference had a total of 22 receptions for the entire season (Butch Rolle, Walter Reeves and Derek Ware)

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I'm thinking we've seen the last of Zach Ertz with his big contract.

BTW, interesting tidbit about Trey: "McBride was raised by two mothers, making him the first NFL player to have been raised from a same-sex marriage."
Spoke with both Mom's briefly last year in Denver. I was waiting in line for bathroom and saw them in their McBride jerseys. So I had to ask, and sure enough it was them.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I noticed that as well - those numbers tie out to the 1993 season exactly. I wonder if they just made a mistake.

But Centers had more receptions that year than ANY other Cardinal player, beating out Ricky Proehl by one catch

Then again, the three listed TE's on Pro-football Reference had a total of 22 receptions for the entire season (Butch Rolle, Walter Reeves and Derek Ware)
i think they classified Centers as an H-Back -- a weird cross between FB and TE

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard