Trevor Bauer Traded For Didi Gregorius

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Bauer pitched 5 scoreless innings last night. Vs the phillies.

Typical Bauer... I think he only gave up 1 hit, yet walked 6 or 7 batters... If he ever gets his control under control :)D), and of course his head as well, he should go on to have one helluva career...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Typical Bauer... I think he only gave up 1 hit, yet walked 6 or 7 batters... If he ever gets his control under control :)D), and of course his head as well, he should go on to have one helluva career...

The best part is if you read the recap Mark Reynolds just craps all over Bauer even though he pitched those scoreless innings.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
DG is off to a hot start. I'm withholding judgment. Talk to me in a month, when pitchers stop throwing him fastballs.

One thing that is promising is that he is fouling off a lot of the tough pitches until he gets a pitch to hit. It doesnt matter who the pitcher is and how he is pitching you if you keep fouling and laying off the tough pitches you will eventually get one to hit.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I know it's way too early to sing praises on this trade already, but Didi is looking awesome so far. Not just in the field like we expected, but with the bat as well.

(Knock on wood)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's way too early to sing praises on this trade already, but Didi is looking awesome so far. Not just in the field like we expected, but with the bat as well.

(Knock on wood)

Really showed up defensively tonight. Stellar play

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Didi is a strong contributor and everyday player, I think I'll take that, even if Bauer discovers his sanity and becomes an ace.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
Didi is looking like the best trade in Dbacks history.

Scary to think we have been playing the majority of this season with Hill out, Kubel out, Eaton out and Prado, Montero, Hernandez and Putz stuggling and are still competing.

Gotta love Goldy, Didi, Miley, Corbin (hometown Syracuse) and Reynolds balling out.

This is my favorite Dbacks team since the babybacks. Only player I despise is Putz.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Didi is looking like the best trade in Dbacks history.

Scary to think we have been playing the majority of this season with Hill out, Kubel out, Eaton out and Prado, Montero, Hernandez and Putz stuggling and are still competing.

Gotta love Goldy, Didi, Miley, Corbin (hometown Syracuse) and Reynolds balling out.

This is my favorite Dbacks team since the babybacks. Only player I despise is Putz.

Yeah I think I like a lot about this team as well. One thing that I like is that they aren't getting shutout or held to 1 run against top pitchers. Hamels and Kershaw just to name a couple so far this year. Goldy is probably my favorite current player and Didi is making his way up there really quick as well. I also like the fact that this teams seems to be looking to add savy veterans who still have plenty of game in them (Prado and Ross for instance). I think it is molding this team the way it should be and if the bullpen can continue to be solid like they have been for the last few games than we might have a real team on our hands.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think it is molding this team the way it should be and if the bullpen can continue to be solid like they have been for the last few games than we might have a real team on our hands.
Especially when Adam Eaton is added back to the mix in the leadoff position. And I like the play of Eric Chavez, although it is probably not in his best interest to play full time.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Especially when Adam Eaton is added back to the mix in the leadoff position. And I like the play of Eric Chavez, although it is probably not in his best interest to play full time.
Yeah the emergence of Didi has maybe put the blinders on me a little when it comes to Eaton. Eaton is truly a legit lead off hitter and like Didi he makes a ton of plays both on the field and on the bases. Can't wait until he is healthy..

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting to me Didi hasn't had a stolen base attempt. They must have given him the red light, because he pretty consistently got thrown out in the minors.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone heard a status on Eaton? Haven't heard any type of timeframe on his return. What about Bloomquist? Last I heard about Daniel Hudson was the all-star break was his estimated return date.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Has anyone heard a status on Eaton? Haven't heard any type of timeframe on his return. What about Bloomquist? Last I heard about Daniel Hudson was the all-star break was his estimated return date.

From CBS Sports

EATON: Diamondbacks outfielder Adam Eaton threw from 90 feet Monday as he continues to rehab his elbow injury, per MLB.com. Eaton is expected to begin a rehab assignment in early May in hopes of being back with the team by late May.
"It could be that early if there is a need, but our preference would be to let him continue to play," manager Kirk Gibson said.

BLOOMQUIST: Diamondbacks infielder Willie Bloomquist has gone back to swinging only in batting practice after suffering a minor setback in his first at-bat during an extend spring training game last week.

"I hadn't taken a swing with that intensity before and I wasn't ready for that type of intensity," Bloomquist said. "It was just something to let me know that I'm not ready. It wasn't a grab or pull, just a little bit of pain."

Bloomquist has yet to play this season since straining his oblique in the final days of spring training. The 35-year-old has shown some frustration as his rehab process has lasted longer than he had expected

HUDSON: All Star Break

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
From CBS Sports

EATON: Diamondbacks outfielder Adam Eaton threw from 90 feet Monday as he continues to rehab his elbow injury, per MLB.com. Eaton is expected to begin a rehab assignment in early May in hopes of being back with the team by late May.
"It could be that early if there is a need, but our preference would be to let him continue to play," manager Kirk Gibson said.

BLOOMQUIST: Diamondbacks infielder Willie Bloomquist has gone back to swinging only in batting practice after suffering a minor setback in his first at-bat during an extend spring training game last week.

"I hadn't taken a swing with that intensity before and I wasn't ready for that type of intensity," Bloomquist said. "It was just something to let me know that I'm not ready. It wasn't a grab or pull, just a little bit of pain."

Bloomquist has yet to play this season since straining his oblique in the final days of spring training. The 35-year-old has shown some frustration as his rehab process has lasted longer than he had expected

HUDSON: All Star Break

Where would Bloomquist even play at this point?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Where would Bloomquist even play at this point?
He would be better for the offense than Pennington, but Pennington is a better defender and Didi has short locked down. Hill when he heals will lock down 2nd. So honestly the most he would be is infield depth at this point.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He would be better for the offense than Pennington, but Pennington is a better defender and Didi has short locked down. Hill when he heals will lock down 2nd. So honestly the most he would be is infield depth at this point.

I would guess that the team would dump Josh Wilson when Willie returns... Therfore at the SS/2nd Base positions you would have:

SS: Didi/Willie/Pennington
2B: Hill/Willie/Pennington

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I would guess that the team would dump Josh Wilson when Willie returns... Therfore at the SS/2nd Base positions you would have:

Sounds about right.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Gambo said the same thing, Wilson will be the guy who goes.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump for an awesome trade!!

Towers turned a head case starter (a position the Dbacks are very deep at) into a potential ALL-STAR who will be a key Dback for years.

Didi's defense is spectacular, and his batting has been hot.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"He is a helluva ball player."

Papa Mulli on Didi. Papa Mulli is one of the harshest critics of baseball players ever. :)

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bump for an awesome trade!!

Towers turned a head case starter (a position the Dbacks are very deep at) into a potential ALL-STAR who will be a key Dback for years.

Didi's defense is spectacular, and his batting has been hot.

Why do you have to call him a head case? Why can't you just be happy with what we have without crapping on what we gave up?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard