Trevor Bauer Traded For Didi Gregorius

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And another thing! :)

Even if you are right about trading him when they did, I will never believe there was not a better deal out there.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
. He was just 3 overall 16 months ago. Then he struggled his first time up and they sold low for a SS who isn't ready to be out Chad Pennington?

Good job. Good effort.

You might not understand how these things play out Mulli... however, players, coaches, trainers, team doctors, GM's, have all been at their respective crafts for decades. They've seen plenty of Bauer's during their careers.
Collectively, it was determined that the kid wasn't worth the collatorral damage. Having played the game, been in dugouts and been around kids like Bauer, I can totally and completely understand the move the Dbacks made. It's very rare that a team can be successful when you have such a massive destructive force in your midst...
Doesn't mean Bauer won't get his mess cleaned up one day. He just might and I really hope he does. However, history is not on his side and for a team to give up on him, I think it speaks to just how scrambled his head truly is...
I have little doubt that the Dbacks threw every bit of support and counsel a team could throw at Bauer. I happen to know Brett Butler pretty well and even he said he spent one-on-one time with Bauer. Butler is a tremendous human being and great leader. Yet, the book on Bauer remains consistent...
He's been spoiled since the day he was born. Told he'll be the next Cy Young and that he deserved to be treated as such.
He was never, going all the way back to little league, ever able to deal with adversity, criticism, challenges to his views...

Who knows - maybe the trade will serve as that rude slap in the face can sometimes wake a kid up. Again, I hope for his sake it does just that.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever. Similar people with similar careers took him #3 overall not too long ago. And the same people you speak of brought him up from AAA last year, they didn't think he would succeed? Bauer will most likely get crushed in the American League anyway. I just haven't heard anyone outside of dbacks homers defend this trade

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You might not understand how these things play out Mulli... however, players, coaches, trainers, team doctors, GM's, have all been at their respective crafts for decades. They've seen plenty of Bauer's during their careers.
Collectively, it was determined that the kid wasn't worth the collatorral damage. Having played the game, been in dugouts and been around kids like Bauer, I can totally and completely understand the move the Dbacks made. It's very rare that a team can be successful when you have such a massive destructive force in your midst...
Doesn't mean Bauer won't get his mess cleaned up one day. He just might and I really hope he does. However, history is not on his side and for a team to give up on him, I think it speaks to just how scrambled his head truly is...
I have little doubt that the Dbacks threw every bit of support and counsel a team could throw at Bauer. I happen to know Brett Butler pretty well and even he said he spent one-on-one time with Bauer. Butler is a tremendous human being and great leader. Yet, the book on Bauer remains consistent...
He's been spoiled since the day he was born. Told he'll be the next Cy Young and that he deserved to be treated as such.
He was never, going all the way back to little league, ever able to deal with adversity, criticism, challenges to his views.
Thank you for sharing that. As a fan, part of me thinks that the Red Sox, once upon a time, didn't give up on Jimmy Piersall (the outfielder who once ran the bases backwards in a Major League game and had ongoing emotional problems).

But another part considers that a starting Pitcher controls his seven innings every fifth game and, with the rare exception of an experienced Randy Johnson, is overseen by his veteran Catcher.

If Brett Butler was part of the decision that the potential positives were outweighed by the negatives, I respect that.

jonberry said:
So which one is immature? The one who publicly bad mouths the other, or the one to kept it in house?
This issue isn't about how Miggy responded to the Press. It is about whether a rookie Pitcher who refuses to be taught by those much more experienced than he would be a + or - minus for the team, whether on the field or in the clubhouse.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
This board is worthless. You "fans" need to stop drinking whatever it is this organization is selling. Bauer was drafted by Towers, his warmup and approach was known before hand and the organization publicly said they would support him. There was no problems in the minors but Montero and Bauer had a disagreement. Montero talked about it to the media then and now. Bauer kept it in-house. Montero can give his suggestions, that's not a problem. It's the suggestions he was giving, which if you asked people involved in the sport, he had no business giving. Just because he's a all-star doesn't mean he controls how a pitcher warms-up.

Bauer was not a destructive force, he just wasn't a clone. He didn't have problems with the entire roster. He has nothing in his personality to change besides growing up a bit like most men his age. He is good with the fans, and wants to help youth players.

It's similar to the Upton trade aftermath. The organization badmouthed while the former Diamondback took the high road. Instead of these "problem" players maybe you should look at the organization that is preaching throwing people to the mud after they are gone (and when they are here). Maybe you should look into why Kevin Towers did not run a physical with Didi or why it is that Kevin Towers is still a general manager with the worst track record in the draft of any general manager in recent history.

jonberry

Reaction score
This board is worthless. You "fans" need to stop drinking whatever it is this organization is selling. Bauer was drafted by Towers, his warmup and approach was known before hand and the organization publicly said they would support him. There was no problems in the minors but Montero and Bauer had a disagreement. Montero talked about it to the media then and now. Bauer kept it in-house. Montero can give his suggestions, that's not a problem. It's the suggestions he was giving, which if you asked people involved in the sport, he had no business giving. Just because he's a all-star doesn't mean he controls how a pitcher warms-up.

Bauer was not a destructive force, he just wasn't a clone. He didn't have problems with the entire roster. He has nothing in his personality to change besides growing up a bit like most men his age. He is good with the fans, and wants to help youth players.

It's similar to the Upton trade aftermath. The organization badmouthed while the former Diamondback took the high road. Instead of these "problem" players maybe you should look at the organization that is preaching throwing people to the mud after they are gone (and when they are here). Maybe you should look into why Kevin Towers did not run a physical with Didi or why it is that Kevin Towers is still a general manager with the worst track record in the draft of any general manager in recent history.

Well said. I am starting to think the same thing as the bolded part. The same crap is being regurgitated by the same people with things that aren't even based in fact.

If Montero was truly a leader he wouldn't bad mouth a current or former teammate. He could have said something like the example Keith Law gave on twitter:

"Trevor and I never got on the same page, and it's too bad. I wish I'd had more time to work with him. He's got a lot of talent and I wish him all the best in Cleveland." Boom. A gracious, simple answer that avoids trashing your ex-teammate or blaming him for everything."

People who want to say Bauer sucked, take a look at Tyler Skaggs. His stats were worse and he was pitching in the majors healthy, unlike Bauer. Bauer had a groin strain and when he got better he magically started pitching like himself.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So having a discussion is worthless? Having opinions that may mirror the organization on some aspects is not unusual. Doesn't mean those posters are parroting the organizations line.

And if you would get off your high horses, you would note that there are more posters critical of the Bauer trade than support it. Kinda blows a hole in your rant.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So having a discussion is worthless? Having opinions that may mirror the organization on some aspects is not unusual. Doesn't mean those posters are parroting the organizations line.

And if you would get off your high horses, you would note that there are more posters critical of the Bauer trade than support it. Kinda blows a hole in your rant.

No high horse for me. Just disagree on this. Why you giving us the high hat?

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score

This discussion is worthless when you are just regurgitating crap fed to you by the Diamondbacks and there organizational leaks. The percentage of posters that support getting rid of this "headcase" is a lot higher here than it is at other Diamondbacks forums, and nationally.

I've posted long responses regarding Towers draft history, guess how many replies that got here compared to other sites? This board is lacking intelligent discussions and people being able to think for themselves. It's people listening to whatever the local radio guys say and treating it like gold.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be banning a few people when I get back tonight. Not sure what board you think you are on but I have zero tolerance for those who question the fandom of others. And if you think the board is "worthless", well then don't let the door hit you

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This discussion is worthless when you are just regurgitating crap fed to you by the Diamondbacks and there organizational leaks. The percentage of posters that support getting rid of this "headcase" is a lot higher here than it is at other Diamondbacks forums, and nationally.

I've posted long responses regarding Towers draft history, guess how many replies that got here compared to other sites? This board is lacking intelligent discussions and people being able to think for themselves. It's people listening to whatever the local radio guys say and treating it like gold.
What else does everyone have to go off of? It's not like any of us are actually in the locker room with these guys hearing exactly whats being said and so on..

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Which is YOUR opinion. You seem to think very highly of yourself and your opinons.

So what if this forum doesn't agree "with other forums"? Different set of posters, and many are very knowledgable about the game.

I don't pretend to be. But that is fine too. I am still a fan and have an opinion. And guess what? No matter what any fan, on any forum says, IT DON'T MEAN SQUAT to the FO, or players, or how well the team does.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anybody really all that surprised that Towers got sold a lemon?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trevor Bauer thinks he can rap? Ugh, take back what I said. Sorry to all.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My name is Trevor Bauer.
You will find me in the shower
After I throw 100 pitches
In the first half an hour.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For the record I don't believe KT drafted Bauer.. I think it was the previous regime..

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TwoCardsOneCup, your post was trashed.

You are new here so you get the benefit of not knowing the site rules. Moderators decisions are final. Publicly questioning them only gets your post trashed and you banned. If you have an issue, you can send a PM concerning it.

You are welcome to go use any of those other boards you listed if you don't like it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said...greivances may be sent via PM. I only address them there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort