Trent Williams

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What would you give up?

At this point a 3rd?

Gave up 8 sacks today to a team that only rushed 4 the entire game. When you can have the luxury of dropping everybody into coverage cause you can get pressure with the bare minimum that’s a recipe for success.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe not even worth it.. Kyler had pressure from everywhere today. He didn't do himself any favors...but this whole line is tissue paper.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Logical answer is if 5 guys can’t protect your qb then maybe we should, oh I don’t know, go with some max protection once in a while?

If we were to do this with one or two TE sets I think we would see Kyler get a little more time and once in while maybe even throw to the TE. Seems to work for other teams.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If TW weren't already 31, it would be easier to say we should have paid him instead, but Hump is just coming into his prime.

What would you be willing to trade for him though, in a different world?

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seems odd if true, but hypothetically if it happened, who would move to the right?

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No harm with inquiring. This is the equivalent of BB working out a prospect ever year that Pat's have no chance of drafting.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Unfortunately now that we resigned DJ, we can't really afford Williams. I would have traded a 3rd rounder for him to be our start LT for a while, but now its either Murray at RT, or a rookie on a cheap deal.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The article doesn't say when they expressed interest; it could have been well before they re-signed DJ.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Unfortunately now that we resigned DJ, we can't really afford Williams. I would have traded a 3rd rounder for him to be our start LT for a while, but now its either Murray at RT, or a rookie on a cheap deal.
Cannot afford??
That’s not correct. There should be enough Cap room to sign Two High priced free agents and Trent could take up one of those spots.
It’s just a prioritization.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cannot afford??
That’s not correct. There should be enough Cap room to sign Two High priced free agents and Trent could take up one of those spots.
It’s just a prioritization.

I guess I'm saying that with trading for him (giving up picks) and then resigning him to a big deal, the price has gotten too high, at least IMO. If he had been replacing DJ's 15m per year, then I would have been all for it because he is a better player.

To give up a 2nd or 3rd in this years draft, and then use a chunk of our cap space that could be spent on defense is too much.

At this point I would resign Murray and draft a RT prospect...maybe in the 3rd round.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade picks and sign him multi year either. That would be my priority.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Per Rototworld.com

ESPN's John Keim reports LT Trent Williams wants a contract extension that will pay him $20 million annually.
It's a lot of money for a 31-year-old that sat out last year and hasn't played a full season since 2013. Given his contract demands, it's unlikely any team gives up a first-rounder for Williams, but the Redskins may settle for an early Day 2 pick. The Jets and Browns are the top landing spots for Williams.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Per Rototworld.com

ESPN's John Keim reports LT Trent Williams wants a contract extension that will pay him $20 million annually.
It's a lot of money for a 31-year-old that sat out last year and hasn't played a full season since 2013.
You got that right.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Per Rototworld.com

It's a lot of money for a 31-year-old that sat out last year and hasn't played a full season since 2013. Given his contract demands, it's unlikely any team gives up a first-rounder for Williams, but the Redskins may settle for an early Day 2 pick. The Jets and Browns are the top landing spots for Williams.

Jesus!

cmon dude

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard