Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok - this bugged the hell out of me -the geography was all wrong. the pyramids are no where NEAR Jordan - the two locations are hundreds of miles apart (not four). No pyramids on the Sinai. Israel was wiped off the map.

I realize 99% of the filmgoers don't realize this, but this type of discontituty drives me up a wall.
We all laughed when they asked the Jordanians for help.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all laughed when they asked the Jordanians for help.

Yup - in that area, who you going to ask for help - the Jordanians, or the Israelies?

Bay is still probably stung by the Arab World reaction to Armaggedon - scenes showing Israeli and Arab fighter jets working together were cut from showings accross the Middle East.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
The Jordanians well dont' want to give it away but did they actuallly do anything?

It was a most comical moment as they "arrived".

Like a fine wine, the absurdities start to grow on you, I am truly in awe, if you were trying for a perfect pile of crap, this guy designed it and made money out his butt with it.

Well played, well played.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
People who want more realism or whatever in a movie about talking robot creatures from outer space crack me up.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You would think we were talking about this movie.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
People who want more realism or whatever in a movie about talking robot creatures from outer space crack me up.

You, like most of the fans of this movie, are completely missing the point of what the rest of us are saying.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't like it. I don't hate it as much as "Twilight", but this was not very good.

I have to confess the geography thing bothered me too. I mean, the alterations to the story necessary to make it accurate would've been minor because the story was ridiculous anyhow. Much of the american public is already dumb enough when it comes to knowing where places are in relation to each other.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Did nobody see Transformers 1? Or any Michael Bay movie for that matter?

And I love the amount of people that are proudly admitting to being culturally shallow. I think I was out of the country too long.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did nobody see Transformers 1? Or any Michael Bay movie for that matter?

And I love the amount of people that are proudly admitting to being culturally shallow. I think I was out of the country too long.
I think that is a good point.

Culturally shallow is an interesting term. Mindless entertainment is a cornerstone of American culture. I would not judge anyone's "cultural depth" based on whether or not they liked Trans2, just as I would not judge it based on whether they watched professional wrestling or any professional sport for that matter.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It's not specifically Trans2 as much as it's the "I don't care if something sucks or not as long as there's explosions and chicks." It's the film equivalent of Britney Spears or 98 Degrees. That's fine if that's your thing but there's nothing wrong with saying it's a very shallow form of entertainment.

And I only brought up the Europe thing because while they devour the same stuff over to a slightly lesser extent they sure would not boast about it like they do in the States. It's seemingly more of a guilty pleasure than a "bombs, boobs, f- yeah!" type of thing.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not specifically Trans2 as much as it's the "I don't care if something sucks or not as long as there's explosions and chicks." It's the film equivalent of Britney Spears or 98 Degrees. That's fine if that's your thing but there's nothing wrong with saying it's a very shallow form of entertainment.
I suppose I can see what you are saying. For me, I just like the nostalgia of everything Transformers from when I was a kid.

Sure it is a shallow for of entertainment, I don't see that as a problem.

Last edited:

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score

From my perspective....if you are going to spend $250 million dollars on some spectacular explosions and effects, just spend the extra million on a decent writer to at least give the movie a somewhat coherent and compelling story. Why not try to give the audience the complete movie going experience with a little extra money or effort? I don't think that would detract from the movie. In this case, the terrible story on the other hand was a distraction and did nothing to add to the enjoyment of the movie.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From my perspective....if you are going to spend $250 million dollars on some spectacular explosions and effects, just spend the extra million on a decent writer to at least give the movie a somewhat coherent and compelling story. Why not try to give the audience the complete movie going experience with a little extra money or effort? I don't think that would detract from the movie. In this case, the terrible story on the other hand was a distraction and did nothing to add to the enjoyment of the movie.
I thought the story was fine. I really did. Was just as good as the Iron Man story anyway.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose I can see what you are saying. For me, I just like the nostalgia of everything Transformers from when I was a kid.

That was it for me to. The nostalgia of Transformers, the fights, the FX and I also don't think the story was that bad. I could probably come up with a list of 10 actions movies I have seen over the last decade that were worse in that department. Half of them might be Bay films. :D

Also, there is nothing wrong with enjoying some shallow entertainment once in a while. It's the equivalent of people eating fast food once in a while versus a really good meal. It's a guilty pleasure.

P.S. Our mindless entertainment is not just an American Culture thing either. Many of our "mindless" movies go over the pond and do blockbuster business over there as well.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That was it for me to. The nostalgia of Transformers, the fights, the FX and I also don't think the story was that bad. I could probably come up with a list of 10 actions movies I have seen over the last decade that were worse in that department. Half of them might be Bay films. :D

Also, there is nothing wrong with enjoying some shallow entertainment once in a while. It's the equivalent of people eating fast food once in a while versus a really good meal. It's a guilty pleasure.

P.S. Our mindless entertainment is not just an American Culture thing either. Many of our "mindless" movies go over the pond and do blockbuster business over there as well.

The problem is that the robots don't remind me of the toys when I was a kid at all. Maybe Optimus Prime is the closest, but the rest are unrecognizable. I think Starscream looked awful.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is that the robots don't remind me of the toys when I was a kid at all. Maybe Optimus Prime is the closest, but the rest are unrecognizable. I think Starscream looked awful.
I can see how some of the Decepticons looked too similar. It was hard to tell the difference between Starscream, Megatron, and some other Decept.

See I said something negative about the movie.

It is funny to me how much I like Optimus. I don't really even care much about the other ones. I am strange.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see how some of the Decepticons looked too similar. It was hard to tell the difference between Starscream, Megatron, and some other Decept.

See I said something negative about the movie.

It is funny to me how much I like Optimus. I don't really even care much about the other ones. I am strange.

Thats because Optimus rules! :D

I do like Ironhide too!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn