Transformers (movie)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the acting of the Depticons and Autobots was horrific.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why are you guys focusing on the acting? I didn't say anything about the acting. I thought it was a movie that was not entertaining with the exception of a few cool effects.

No, I didn't epecty great acting. I thought the acting was fine, though. I did like the parents of the kid. I thought some of those scenes were very funny. As was John Turturro--he was a pleasant surprise. I didn't know he was in in.

Overall, though, it was a stinker in my book.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
why are you guys focusing on the acting? I didn't say anything about the acting. I thought it was a movie that was not entertaining with the exception of a few cool effects.

No, I didn't epecty great acting. I thought the acting was fine, though. I did like the parents of the kid. I thought some of those scenes were very funny. As was John Turturro--he was a pleasant surprise. I didn't know he was in in.

I was just kidding. Come on robot acting? :)

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
btw...I was going to chime in on this earlier...what a load of CRAP! My stomach was every bit as hot as hers when I was in my late teens.

This thread is worthless without pics.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought it was plenty entertaining. The plot did have a couple of holes in it, but most movies do.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
question to people that saw this in theatres here in az.

me and my gf remember very vividly at the end after they drop megatron's body into the ocean, a scene showing him sinking and then his eyes light up red and then he fades away into the abyss. i was like cool, so there will be a sequel for sure now.

i have only found a few people that recall this and everyone else says im an idiot and that it never happened. i watched the dvd and its not there or any deleted scenes. whats odd though is that there was talk that this scene might be in the movie but they didnt put it in. however i didnt find this out until after i was called an idiot on the tranformers forums.

btw we saw the movie at the harkins on 83rd and bell on one of the DLP projection screens they got there. anyone else see it there??

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

me and my gf remember very vividly at the end after they drop megatron's body into the ocean, a scene showing him sinking and then his eyes light up red and then he fades away into the abyss. i was like cool, so there will be a sequel for sure now.

i have only found a few people that recall this and everyone else says im an idiot and that it never happened. i watched the dvd and its not there or any deleted scenes. whats odd though is that there was talk that this scene might be in the movie but they didnt put it in. however i didnt find this out until after i was called an idiot on the tranformers forums.

btw we saw the movie at the harkins on 83rd and bell on one of the DLP projection screens they got there. anyone else see it there??
I can't remember where I saw it, but yes, I'm pretty sure I remember that scene & thinking something similar. You're not an idiot.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't remember that. I figured that there would be a sequel from the last little bit, that they were calling out for the rest of the Autobots....

Although Michael Mann is pretty pissed right now. He is a Bluray fanboy and was very upset at Transformers being out on HDDVD. He has even threatened to not be a part of a sequel.

he has softened his stance some though.

Last edited:

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
I don't remember that... But I still figure there is room for a sequal. Like dumping Megatron into the Mariana trench is good enough...

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just remember thinking..."well, there's the OBVIOUS 'there's going to be a sequel' scene". It actually kinda bugs me when they do that.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just remember thinking..."well, there's the OBVIOUS 'there's going to be a sequel' scene". It actually kinda bugs me when they do that.

You'd rather not know that they plan on making a sequel? Especially when the movie was as good as this one...

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd rather not know that they plan on making a sequel? Especially when the movie was as good as this one...
Yep. I'd rather it be a surprise. Also, I HATE when they do that, and then there's no sequel. Or, if it's a crap movie anyway, and my last thought leaving the theater is "Great...there's going to be a SECOND one of these???" :barf:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. I'd rather it be a surprise. Also, I HATE when they do that, and then there's no sequel. Or, if it's a crap movie anyway, and my last thought leaving the theater is "Great...there's going to be a SECOND one of these???" :barf:

There are NO surprises anymore in Hollywood. If it makes more than 100M, there is a sequel.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're weird. So when is it ok to hear about a sequel?
I'm okay with being weird. I'd rather be weird than ordinary any day.

I like to hear about a sequel via trailers or commercials. More often than not, I hear about it here first, though. That's okay, too.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm okay with being weird. I'd rather be weird than ordinary any day.

I like to hear about a sequel via trailers or commercials. More often than not, I hear about it here first, though. That's okay, too.

Still weird....and reserved.