Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Rogers Writing Transformers
Source: Variety
November 3, 2004

Catwoman screenwriter John Rogers is writing Transformers, the DreamWorks/Paramount live-action tentpole based on the popular Hasbro toys, reports Variety.

Steven Spielberg is executive producing the film that is slated for a Summer 2006 release and will likely be a franchise property. Tom DeSanto, who executive produced the two "X-Men" films, wrote the story that Rogers will adapt.

Rogers is also working on Rush Hour 3 for director Brett Ratner at New Line, due out next year. At DreamWorks, he's producing Fatal Frame, based on the Japanese video game.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
The only way I'll watch this movie is if they only do G1 transformers. But I have the feeling they will mess this one up.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spielberg Says Transformers Director Soon
Source: Sci Fi Wire
February 11, 2005

Sci Fi Wire talked to Steven Spielberg who says the Transformers movie is moving ahead:

"It's happening," he said in an interview, adding, "We'll announce the director in three weeks."

John Rogers wrote the screenplay for the DreamWorks/Paramount live-action tentpole based on the popular Hasbro toys.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't wait to see who directs this. This has a huge following so let's hope it gets done right. Hopefully with Spielberg involved it will get done right. :thumbup:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:confused:

Who the hell would watch this?

Transformers are like 20 years ago.

I had some, but have no desire to see this.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee! said:
:confused:

Who the hell would watch this?

Transformers are like 20 years ago.

I had some, but have no desire to see this.
Just like everything else, in pop culture what was old in new again. For example, aren't the Dukes of Hazard actually older than the Transformers? Yet, there's excitement about that movie.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Just like everything else, in pop culture what was old in new again. For example, aren't the Dukes of Hazard actually older than the Transformers? Yet, there's excitement about that movie.
OIC

Guess I shouldnt be surprised if a Masters of the Universe or ThunnderCats movie comes out huh?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee! said:
OIC

Guess I shouldnt be surprised if a Masters of the Universe or ThunnderCats movie comes out huh?
Those might even be in pre-production. I know a studio owns them and I'd bet dollars to donuts they're at least looking at scripts.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In fact, so have the Thunder...Thunder...THUNDERCATS! (pictured here with g-force)

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee! said:
OIC

Guess I shouldnt be surprised if a Masters of the Universe or ThunderCats movie comes out huh?

There's already a He-Man movie in the works...and G.I.Joe...etc. :D

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Anybody remember Silverhawks,The Centurions: Power Extreme and M.A.S.K cartoons? 80's cartoons were the best. :thumbup:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
I used to have one of these in diecast,btw there is only one Voltron IMO.
You must be registered for see images attach

That picture is a big red X. I hope you didn't like the space ship Voltron.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Anybody remember Silverhawks,The Centurions: Power Extreme and M.A.S.K cartoons? 80's cartoons were the best. :thumbup:

Aw yeah, what do you know about Destro and Cobra Commander. Lady Jane was fine. I love ol skool GI Joe.

Thundercats were dope. I like Panthro

Voltron was cool. Black Lion was pimp.

I used to watch this cartoon called Dungeons and Dragons too.

Ducktales with Scrooge McDuck and Launchpad.

I remember that Kid and Play cartoon too. McHammer had one with dancing shoes.

Mr. T had that one that was cool too, with those kids who did gymnastics.

Ol Skool Spaceghost was cool

Spidey and Friends ruled. Remember the war room. X-men needs to have that.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Aw yeah, what do you know about Destro and Cobra Commander. Lady Jane was fine. I love ol skool GI Joe.

Thundercats were dope. I like Panthro

Voltron was cool. Black Lion was pimp.

I used to watch this cartoon called Dungeons and Dragons too.

Ducktales with Scrooge McDuck and Launchpad.

I remember that Kid and Play cartoon too. McHammer had one with dancing shoes.

Mr. T had that one that was cool too, with those kids who did gymnastics.

Ol Skool Spaceghost was cool

Spidey and Friends ruled. Remember the war room. X-men needs to have that.

Do you remember the Hulk Hogan cartoons with junk yard dog and company?

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
i actually thought this was a thread about the old transformers movie. the one where optimus prime dies in battle.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phlegyas said:
Oh, that gives me great hope about the quality of this movie. :rolleyes: Against all odds...

John Rogers :wave: :D

New Writers Board Transformers
Source: IGN Filmforce
February 18, 2005

Transformers screenwriter John Rogers has revealed on his Kung Fu Blog that, after having turned in a revised first draft, he has moved onto another project. He may come back at a later time for more work on the script.

"Nothing horrible, everything's cool. But I was technically contracted to start another movie when the 'Transformers' gig popped up. The producers of that flick -- including one-of-us Akiva Goldsman -- were real gentlemen about the situation and stepped aside for the duration of the high-intensity TF first draft," says Rogers.

He adds that "The next 'Transformers' production pass, adressing specific producer notes, will be executed by another writer or set of writers. I'll be off doing this new project, will lock in the shooting draft for 'Fatal Frame' (I meet with the director tomorrow) then will probably swing back in later on for a polish --I'm still under contract for TF."

IGN Filmforce has learned that the new writers on Transformers are Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, who have worked on Alias and Xena: Warrior Princess. They also wrote upcoming features The Island, The Legend of Zorro, and Mission: Impossible 3.

While previously being eyed for a summer 2006 release date, ComingSoon.net has learned that Transformers is now scheduled for November 17, 2006.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Transformers are totally back. My kid has a bunch of them.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Transformers At Bay
April 6, 2005

Michael Bay ("Armageddon", "Pearl Harbor") may come on board to direct a live action movie based on the '80s phenomenon The Transformers, scheduled for a Thanksgiving 2006 releaes from DreamWorks and Paramount Pictures.

Steven Spielberg, who is currently directing The War of the Worlds for the two companies, signed on as an executive producer for the project, giving it to writers Alex Kurtzman and Robert Orci to get into shape. Having worked with Michael Bay on his upcoming sci-fi film (The Island), they were probably pivotal in getting the director excited about the project and interested in directing it. DreamWorks will work on securing Bay for the project once the first new script is turned in.

"Transformers" were a popular Hasbro toy line during the '80s, which spawned a number of cartoons, comic books as well as an animated feature.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:

Hell yeah! Visionaries is another great one.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
The Transformers At Bay
April 6, 2005

Michael Bay ("Armageddon", "Pearl Harbor") may come on board to direct a live action movie based on the '80s phenomenon The Transformers, scheduled for a Thanksgiving 2006 releaes from DreamWorks and Paramount Pictures.

Steven Spielberg, who is currently directing The War of the Worlds for the two companies, signed on as an executive producer for the project, giving it to writers Alex Kurtzman and Robert Orci to get into shape. Having worked with Michael Bay on his upcoming sci-fi film (The Island), they were probably pivotal in getting the director excited about the project and interested in directing it. DreamWorks will work on securing Bay for the project once the first new script is turned in.

"Transformers" were a popular Hasbro toy line during the '80s, which spawned a number of cartoons, comic books as well as an animated feature.

They better not screw this up! If they do there will be hell to pay!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson