Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are missing out. Robert Downey Jr. is the perfect Tony Stark, in all of his flaws.

I agree with this but I was anything but impressed with the 2nd Iron Man. It's not that it was bad but it wasn't all that good either.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally get it. Will be seeing it in IMAX 3D probably more than once. Most can't wait for movie of the summer and it isn't even close. :D :D

Well then I hope you get your money's worth. :raccoon:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well then I hope you get your money's worth. :raccoon:

Oh I will. The visuals on the trailer on my PC already make it worth the price IMO. On an IMAX screen in 3D? Gonna be fantastic!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get it. I loved the first one. Thought the second one was one of the biggest turds ever made.

They needed to reinvent the entire franchise. Get away from Shia.

This looks like more of the same.

They typically do not reinvent franchises until after a trilogy at least.

Looking forward to this one. First movie all year for me probably.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don't get it. I loved the first one. Thought the second one was one of the biggest turds ever made.

They needed to reinvent the entire franchise. Get away from Shia.

This looks like more of the same.

Agree completely! The second one was just plain awful. A bunch of really quick action that you can't really see anyway does not a movie make, and that's all it seems like this one will be too.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Release Date: June 28, 2011 (9pm in 3D and IMAX; 2D release: June 29)
Studio: DreamWorks Pictures (Paramount)
Director: Michael Bay
Screenwriter: Ehren Kruger
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for intense prolonged sequences of sci-fi action violence, mayhem and destruction, and for language, some sexuality and innuendo)

Starring: Shia LaBeouf, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Kevin Dunn, Julie White, Frances McDormand, John Malkovich, Ken Jeong, Patrick Dempsey, Alan Tudyk, John Turturro, Leonard Nimoy

Plot Summary: Shia LaBeouf returns as Sam Witwicky in "Transformers: Dark of the Moon." When a mysterious event from Earth's past erupts into the present day it threatens to bring a war to Earth so big that the Transformers alone will not be able to save us.

You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Complete and total awesomeness!! The 3D was great the action stellar and good comedy throughout. Definitely better than the 2nd one no doubt about it.

Stout I know you don't want to see it but they fixed the fast action issues you had with it. Most of the transformer action was slowed down and you could totally see what was happening and all of the robot carnage with zero issues. Seems like Michael Bay listened to those complaints and fixed them splendidly!

A TRUE summer blockbuster! Cant wait fir a 4th!

Mulli you gonna love it!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Complete and total awesomeness!! The 3D was great the action stellar and good comedy throughout. Definitely better than the 2nd one no doubt about it.

Stout I know you don't want to see it but they fixed the fast action issues you had with it. Most of the transformer action was slowed down and you could totally see what was happening and all of the robot carnage with zero issues. Seems like Michael Bay listened to those complaints and fixed them splendidly!

Mulli you gonna love it!
Friday cannot come soon enough!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, i'm taking my little bro to see this on Saturday. should be a blast!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Mulli you gonna love it!

:thumbup:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Shane, it was way better than the second one. I also liked how Bay did more slow downs of the "Transformation" sequences. The amount of detail that they put into those was amazing.

I too saw it in 3D and it was alright. I'm not a huge 3D fan so don't let me discouage you if you want to see it in 3D. Although I must say that Rosie H-W's A$$ looked amazing in 3D!

This is basically your classic mindless summer action flick. Lots of guns and explosions, a hot chick, every cliche in the book, and non stop action. If you are expecting a gripping plot or oscar worthy performances you're going to be disappointed. After all its still just a movie about alien robots that change into cars.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's better then the 2nd that is not saying much. The 2nd was a steaming pile of junk. Seriously, the 2nd had some good action sequences and cool moments but the more time I actually watched it the less I liked it. The dangling balls, language and the stereo typed bots just showed no respect for the characters or fans.

This guys has made a living out of loud FX movies with some of the worst stories in movie history. Bay is one of the most overrated film makers in Hollywood history if you look past the gross receipts of his movies. You have to give the guy credit though. He has carved out a niche for himself and movie goers like cool looking stuff on screen. He gives that to people in spades and people keep going to see it.

Unfortunately, I am one of those people who love loud bad ass special FX. Couple that with the fact I am a Transformer fan, this franchise has been a guilty pleasure.

Having said that....I pray a real film maker reboots this franchise in the not so distant future.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Saw this today, I really liked it. Good action sequences and a lot of nice comedic lines.

On a side note they filmed part of it right near the apartment I was staying at in DC when I was there last fall. I went on the roof of my building and snapped a few pictures, all I saw was the fireballs, smoke and heard the gunshots and explosions, still pretty cool.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Color me SHOCKED. Took the kids to see this yesterday. Was much much better then the last film. There are parts of this film I even like better then the 1st film. Good action sequences and some bad ass robot carnage.

I have to recommend this. Didn't think I would say that after the second film.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
162 million in first 5 days domestic and another 210 million internationally. Shattering international records. Hopefully all but assuring a 4th installment. To much money to be made! Will likely gross more than 750 million worldwide! Come on Michael do another!

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Terrible movie. It was better than the 2nd but that really doesn't mean anything. So many things wrong with this movie but none of them mystified me more than this:
Why the hell did the Transformers have blood when they were killed yet when the humans were shot they exploded and looked like machines?
After the last two movies there is no way I'll see a 4th.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terrible movie. It was better than the 2nd but that really doesn't mean anything. So many things wrong with this movie but none of them mystified me more than this:
Why the hell did the Transformers have blood when they were killed yet when the humans were shot they exploded and looked like machines?

I noticed the change in that as well when the bots were hurt. However, the humans?? They didn't. They disintegrated.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the last two movies there is no way I'll see a 4th.

I almost got talked into seeing this yesterday, but I refused because #2 was maybe the worst movie I've ever seen in a theater. Thanks for confirming for me that a polished turd is still a turd.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost got talked into seeing this yesterday, but I refused because #2 was maybe the worst movie I've ever seen in a theater. Thanks for confirming for me that a polished turd is still a turd.

Shoulda went it was fanfreakingtastic!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worst movie of the year, by far. 2nd worst movie of the century (only behind transformers 2). Got talked into going by Alex, and he even thought it sucked hard.

Terrible, terrible acting. Shia LaDouche needs to transform into say, a Burger King worker.