Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Bay has made a big announcement about Transformers 3 on his official website...

https://www.michaelbay.com/newsblog/files/73978045c5496d5271c90be6884209a8-598.html

Hey, it's been a long time since I've posted. Just been a little busy.

Transformers 3 has been going very well. We are going to shoot in LA, Chicago, Washington DC, Florida, Texas, Africa, Moscow, and China. On the talent front, we just locked in Frances McDormand and John Malkovich. Both amazing actors I've always wanted to work with. We also just got Ken Jeong, he is the super funny actor stuck in the trunk from “Hangover” and the Doctor from “Knocked Up.”

We start shooting pre-shoots in about one month.

I also was at a Ferrari charity event this week raising money for a hospital being built by Ferrari in Haiti. I announced that night the newest Autobot to join Transformers: the Ferrari 458 Italia.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Poster?

Attachments

• transformers3_800.jpg
    transformers3_800.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 182

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not me. Love this popcorn flicks.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on now. Part 2 was a waste of film and one of the worst films of 2009.

Says you! I would say it's top 10 gross of all Time indicates that while you may not like it many many many others do. Like me, dreamcast and mulli just to name a few.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Says you! I would say it's top 10 gross of all Time indicates that while you may not lime it many many many others do. Like me, dreamcast and mulli just to name a few.
In this new Transformer movie, I hope Optimus Prime battles the big bad meanie corporation/mercenary guys in helping a native people save their unobtanium.

Serious, 3D Transformers would be fantastically fantastic!!!

Finally, I would seriously watch Transformer 2 again before I would watch any James Cameron movie.

Easily.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
In this new Transformer movie, I hope Optimus Prime battles the big bad meanie corporation/mercenary guys in helping a native people save their unobtanium.

Finally, I would seriously watch Transformer 2 again before I would watch any James Cameron movie.

Easily.

Wow. Transformers 2 over Aliens, The Terminator and Terminator 2?

FAIL

:D

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Transformers 2 over Aliens, The Terminator and Terminator 2?

FAIL

:D

Yep. I have seen those way too many times. And the first Alien was better.
And I am glad you didn't mention Titanic.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yep. I have seen those way too many times. And the first Alien was better.
And I am glad you didn't mention Titanic.

The first Alien was better? So? What does that have to do with anything?

The second half of Titanic was 10 times better than the entire Transformers 2 movie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ain't gonna happen according to Bay... thank god. Can't there be ONE movie made that doesn't try to make a quicker buck by slapping on the 3d conversion after the fact, which doesn't look all that great anyway? I guess the answer to that question is yes.

Easily.

ain't no accounting for taste, but man, REALLY? I dug the first Transformers, but thought the second was atrocious... I mean, there were only like three robot fights... in almost 3 hours! And you'd watch that drek over Terminator, T2, True Lies and Aliens? that's just bizarre. but different strokes for different folks i guess.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ain't gonna happen according to Bay... thank god. Can't there be ONE movie made that doesn't try to make a quicker buck by slapping on the 3d conversion after the fact, which doesn't look all that great anyway? I guess the answer to that question is yes.

ain't no accounting for taste, but man, REALLY? I dug the first Transformers, but thought the second was atrocious... I mean, there were only like three robot fights... in almost 3 hours! And you'd watch that drek over Terminator, T2, True Lies and Aliens? that's just bizarre. but different strokes for different folks i guess.

The movies you mentioned are not really tasteful either. I just think they are dated. In fact I enjoyed all of them as a youngster. I think I might only make it through half of Tran2.

Finally, I agree about 3d. Overrated. I was kidding about that.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Easily.

For reasons that for the life of me I can't explain, I agree with Mulli! And so, I guess now is as good a time as any to admit that the one exception would be Titanic.

:burries head in hands and wonders why I feel this way...:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fell asleep during the first one. I was surprised to hear there was a sequel. But I never dread these movies, because it means lines to movies I actually want to see will be shorter.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For reasons that for the life of me I can't explain, I agree with Mulli! And so, I guess now is as good a time as any to admit that the one exception would be Titanic.

:burries head in hands and wonders why I feel this way...:

I will admit here publically that I liked Titantic. The first time I saw it. Later viewings reveal it to be a stupid movie about a senile old lady who should not have been allowed to handle valuables.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I will admit here publically that I liked Titantic. The first time I saw it. Later viewings reveal it to be a stupid movie about a senile old lady who should not have been allowed to handle valuables.

OMG... that's hysterical!! You're killing me today!!!!

:biglaugh:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ah... it's not that bad....