Transformers: Dark of the Moon

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
And most if not all comic book/cartoon her0 episodes include the hero getting captured/seemingly defeated before the hero rallies.

I didnt get that complaint either. Happens in ever single action movie of all time. Batman, Spiderman, Superman, and so on, all of them follow the exact same formula. Hero is awesome, villian crushes him with no hope in site, hero pulls something out of his butt and destroys villian. I call it the its not how you fall down its how you get up formula, and they all have do it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't care about the fluids from the robots, was just wondering how one of the Bots had parts that looked like a beard. And had a vehicle shape he could go into after being trapped on the moon for at least decades...

:)

All they have to do is scan the vehicle and then they transform. Thought that part was clear. :shrug:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Linda does have a point about the comedy. It wasn't funny. I think I slightly laughed at one of the jokes, the rest were very blah.

I can definitely see how Kung Pow could be funny to some. It isn't for me though.

Again tell that to my audience of 500, or my multiple co-workers audiences. And I saw it in Surprise with a bunch of old people for a 10am showing. Maybe they were on their meds.:p

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again tell that to my audience of 500, or my multiple co-workers audiences. And I saw it in Surprise with a bunch of old people for a 10am showing. Maybe they were on their meds.:p

I realize that I am probably in the minority on that one. I just don't see it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew abhout that, but when did he scan it? When he was in the warehouse? Where was the vehicle so he could scan it?

Your being dumb hater! Lol

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
You guys obviously dont pay attention or have sucky memories. ;)

Just started to re-watch revenge of the fallen tonight and at 1 hour and 43 seconds in during the scene where they fight in the forest Optimus gets punched in the face and RED fluid goes flying from his face. Then he spits and more red fluid.

Then at 1 hour 1 minute and 50 seconds Optimus pulls the head apart on a decepticon and sure enough red fluid comes oozing out.

You guys are wrong so sounds like complaining for sake of complaining.

I do not remember ever seeing that. Maybe it is me just trying to put these movies out of my mind. I grew up with these cartoons and these movies are just a disgrace, at least in my mind.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt get that complaint either. Happens in ever single action movie of all time. Batman, Spiderman, Superman, and so on, all of them follow the exact same formula. Hero is awesome, villian crushes him with no hope in site, hero pulls something out of his butt and destroys villian. I call it the its not how you fall down its how you get up formula, and they all have do it.

yeah, but there's a difference between the Joker killing Batman's girlfriend while simultaneously burning half of Harvey Dent's face off and Optimus Prime getting wrapped up in a bunch of wires. that was just stupid.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not remember ever seeing that. Maybe it is me just trying to put these movies out of my mind. I grew up with these cartoons and these movies are just a disgrace, at least in my mind.

They were absolutely my favorite cartoon growing up. Love the animated movie as well. Yet I think the movies are exactly what they should be. Mindless cheesy entertainment with tons of cool special effects and action! Totally love them!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were absolutely my favorite cartoon growing up. Love the animated movie as well. Yet I think the movies are exactly what they should be. Mindless cheesy entertainment with tons of cool special effects and action!

here's my problem with these movies... there ISN'T tons of action. There's half a movie's worth of action and half a movie's worth of blow your brains out garbage.

the first movie got it right... decent fun story with Shia, but throughout the first hour, there were ALSO some really solid action scenes woven in organically with the build up of the story before all hell broke loose in the second hour.

in the first hour and half of this movie (and the last), it was like there were maybe one big action set piece just thrown into the middle of 70 minutes of absolute crap.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
yeah, but there's a difference between the Joker killing Batman's girlfriend while simultaneously burning half of Harvey Dent's face off and Optimus Prime getting wrapped up in a bunch of wires. that was just stupid.

Also have bullets do nothing for 4/5 of the movie then all of a sudden they can work and kill Decepticons?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also have bullets do nothing for 4/5 of the movie then all of a sudden they can work and kill Decepticons?

yeah, it was pretty lazy if you ask me. it was like they got to the end and the writer's had no clue how to do anything twisty or interesting with Prime, stared at their computer screen for five days, threw their hands in the air, then simply typed:

"And then Optimus kicks everyone's ass!"

THE END

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT

I laugh at people getting all upset at the level of intelligence of these movies. If anything should be ENTIRELY CLEAR by now, the sole purpose of the whole movies is to set up the robot violence at the end. I was skeptical the ending of the movie would work, but I thought the robot carnage at the end made up for the silly first hour.

My first impression of O Prime was similar to Bert's, I even texted Shane similar sentiments.

But upon further reflection, O Prime still ends up being a super bad ass. He was just seriously out-numbered.

And most if not all comic book/cartoon her0 episodes include the hero getting captured/seemingly defeated before the hero rallies.

AND the John Malkovitch stuff ruled!!

Agree, the guy can still steal the show. He was hilarious.

I still disagree with you on Prime though, he's a wuss, just like Shane. :p

yeah, it was pretty lazy if you ask me. it was like they got to the end and the writer's had no clue how to do anything twisty or interesting with Prime, stared at their computer screen for five days, threw their hands in the air, then simply typed:

"And then Optimus kicks everyone's ass!"

THE END

Amen:yeahthat:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Great thread! Much more entertaining than the movie itself. I liked the first film, but the next two seemed to take themselves way too seriously.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard