Tragedy strikes WWE. Chris Benoit is dead (Not a gimmick)

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
I don't watch anymore... but I was down with Benoit back when I used to watch... so... incase you didnt hear:

World Wrestling Entertainment was informed today by authorities in Fayetteville County, Ga., that WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son were found dead in their home. Authorities are investigating, but no other details are available at this time.

Instead of its announced programming for tonight on USA Network, WWE will air a three-hour tribute to Chris Benoit.

Chris was beloved among his fellow Superstars, and was a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability. He always took great pride in his performance, and always showed respect for the business he loved, for his peers and towards his fans. This is a terrible tragedy and an unbearable loss.

WWE extends its sincere condolences and prayers to the Benoit family and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Complete devastation...... I have been a fan for over 10 years now. One of the most technical wrestlers ever. He will not be replaced.

My condolences to his entire family. I am heart broken.

This was one of the good guys.

Nancy, Chris, and his 7 year old boy Daniel.... Horrible.

I'd like to know where Kevin Sullivan was this weekend.

Last edited:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I used to watch wrestling when I was younger, as a matter of fact I go back to the days of Bobo Brazil.
I firmly believe that this tragedy will reveal itself to be a result of steroid abuse.
There have been and will continue to too many deaths and tragedies because of this.
"Sports Entertainment" is not regulated and we are just now beginning to see the results.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I used to watch wrestling when I was younger, as a matter of fact I go back to the days of Bobo Brazil.
I firmly believe that this tragedy will reveal itself to be a result of steroid abuse.
There have been and will continue to too many deaths and tragedies because of this.
"Sports Entertainment" is not regulated and we are just now beginning to see the results.

Definately not the case here..... As was stated above, this looks like a domestic issue gone very wrong. We may never know what happened, but hopefully, this wasn't Chris Benoit losing control of his emotions. A 7 year old boy and his mother are now gone.

Also, this wasn't a beginning of anything. drug related deaths in wrestling go back for over 20 years now. Henning, Guerrero, Rick Rude, Brian Pillman, Ms. Elizabeth, Louie Spicolli, British Bulldog, Crash Holly, Big Bossman, & Any of the Von Erich's.
I get your point though. Being a fan of wrestling sucks sometimes.

Last edited:

jpjapes

Registered
Reaction score

get your facts straight before you spout off crap like this

RIP Chris Benoit and Family

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch!

Murder-suicide?

I'll never understand the frame of thought that would lead someone to murder their family...

You know what, I can even understand a murder suicide if someone were to cheat on your spouse, or sexually abuse your child.

But how in the hell can you kill your 7 year old son?

(alleged)

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
This gets even creepier, I don't know how legit this site is but it's here

http://www.tmz.com/

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]TMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

A police investigation is ongoing.
[/FONT]

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This gets even creepier, I don't know how legit this site is but it's here

http://www.tmz.com/

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]TMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

A police investigation is ongoing.
[/FONT]

I'm shaking my head here in disgust. If true, Chris truly lived a different life than what he showed as a wrestler.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
TMZ often jumps the gun but most of the stuff they post tends to be legit...

I've been seeing similar reports onother sites, too. Either way, it's just very disturbing and even the cops were saying when all the facts come out, it's going to be very bizarre.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually don't want to hear many details anymore.

That is just way too freakish for my blood.

TO A 7 YEAR OLD KID!!!!

:bang:

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
they couldn't have known at the time. This is just plain shocking to me....I just don't understand how this type of thing can happen.

We were trying to kind of figure out the logistics to this this morning, before I read what TMZ.com had to say.

We kind of came to the conclusion that he first killed his wife in a rage. Who knows what the contributing factors were to that...but when he kills his son is when we're at a loss.

Killing your wife in a rage (roid induced or not) with whatever mitigating factors, while reprehensible "makes sense". People kill others everyday in a blind rage. It's not right by any means, but it's an understandable motivation.

But to kill your own 7 year old son? What kind of ****ed up reasoning leads anyone to that conclusion?

It appears that Benoit had deep emotional issues, and was a time-bomb waiting to go off...

asudevil83

Reaction score
I just saw this myself and posted it under World Sports. I met him a few times and he always struck me as a well spoken, good man. It's a shame that this happened.

Benoit and his wife went through a period of turbulence early in their marriage that included her claiming domestic abuse and filing for divorce, court records show.

The couple, who had lived together since 1997 and were married in 2000, had separated when Nancy Benoit, a wrestling manager who worked under the stage name "Woman," filed for divorce in May 2003.

In the accompanying petition for protection from domestic abuse, Nancy Benoit, 43, claimed she was intimidated by threats of violence from her 40-year-old, 5-foot-10, 220-pound husband, who was known as the "Canadian Crippler."

Benoit, the petition said, "lost his temper and threatened to strike the petitioner and cause extensive damage to the home and personal belongings of the parties, including furniture and furnishings. Petitioner is in reasonable fear for petitioner's own safety and that of the minor child."

In another count, she claimed Benoit had destroyed furniture in the home.

On May 12, 2003, the same day the divorce and protective order petitions were submitted, a judge issued a restraining order against the wrestler and barred him from the family home in Peachtree City.

On Aug. 19, 2003, Nancy Benoit filed to have the divorce and protective petitions dismissed, and both were.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

not really a stand up guy IMO.

oh, and Benoit does have two other children from a previous relationship.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard