Chris Benoit, wife and son found dead

CorporalCardinal

Look! A Cards fan in Iraq
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize that Pro Wrestling has a lot of screwy storylines, and is really more a soap opera than anything else, but unlike the McMahon character being killed off, this is real.

Benoit and his family, including his son, were discovered dead in their home in Fayettville County, GA. No other details have been released as of now.

I had the pleasure of meeting Chris on several occasions and he was a class act of a human being. Rest in Peace.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitdead

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize that Pro Wrestling has a lot of screwy storylines, and is really more a soap opera than anything else, but unlike the McMahon character being killed off, this is real.

Benoit and his family, including his son, were discovered dead in their home in Fayettville County, GA. No other details have been released as of now.

I had the pleasure of meeting Chris on several occasions and he was a class act of a human being. Rest in Peace.

Tonight's entire Raw is being dedicated to Benoit.

yukmouth2005

Rookie
Reaction score
World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Tonight?s Raw on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family?s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy
wwe.com

As noted earlier, former WWE and WCW World champion Chris Benoit and his wife, former WCW and ECW personality Nancy "Woman" Benoit were both found dead today in Atlanta, Georgia. Benoit's son Daniel was also found dead.

Obviously this will be a huge developing story in the days to come but at this point, we'd like to express our deepest condolences to Benoit's family, friends, and fans at this time.

WWE just told its talent and released on its web site that Chris Benoit was found dead by Atlanta police.

All plans for Raw tonight have been scrapped and they will do a show on the life of Benoit.
wrestlezone

ItsInTheCards

Bomb2Quan
Reaction score

with Sensational Sherri dying a few days ago, and now this, I wonder if they'll rethink the McMahon storyline, and abandon it all together

edit: McMahon appeared in an empty ring, and acknowledged his storyline, and talked a bit about Benoit

Last edited:

Sunshooter

Registered
Reaction score
Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit. They are my favourite wrestler...:(

Priceless time in WWE history

Attachments

• 789.jpg
    789.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 175

yukmouth2005

Rookie
Reaction score
World Wrestling Entertainment is providing more details about the shocking turn of events leading to the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and son Daniel.

WWE officials were first notified this weekend by Benoit that he would be unable to appear at a scheduled Smackdown/ECW House Show in Beaumont, TX on Saturday and the Vengeance PPV the following Sunday in Houston, TX (where he was scheduled to compete for the vacant ECW World Title against CM Punk). Benoit informed WWE officials that he had a serious family emergency and left it at that.

WWE's VP of Government Relations Richard Hering was then made aware of several curious text messages sent by Benoit to WWE employees and wrestlers on Sunday morning. WrestleView.com has spoken with at least one strong source about this situation stating that Benoit's text messages almost had a "thank you and goodbye" theme to them causing many to be alarmed and concerned. As a result, Hering contacted Fayette County sheriffs on Monday and requested that they check out the Benoit residence when he was not getting back to WWE officials.

Authorities then responded to the Benoit residence and reportedly had a difficult time entering their new home on Monday afternoon, which was guarded by two large German Shepards roaming around the property. When authorites entered the home, they immediately located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. World Wrestling Entertainment was then notified of the discovery at approximately 4:00pm Eastern on Monday. A press conference was held Monday night by Lt. Pope officially ruling the findings as a double muder-suicide within the home.

As reported earlier , it is believed that Benoit killed his wife Nancy and 7-year-old son Daniel over the weekend and then killed himself on Monday. All three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's crime lab in Decatur, GA. Autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning, while toxicology reports will not become available for two weeks. It is interesting to note that WWE.com is currently reporting that further information relating to the investigation and cause of death are known at this time, but the Fayette County Sheriff?s Department has requested that information not be released by WWE at this time.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope that it was not a double murder suicide. I watched some of the RAW last night, and it was pretty touching.

OP
OP
CorporalCardinal

CorporalCardinal

Look! A Cards fan in Iraq
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it is it's vomit inducing......I spent sometime around this guy and I never saw anything in his character that indicated he was capable of this....but then again, we all have are demons.

yukmouth2005

Rookie
Reaction score
i was wondering if there would be any CT's around his death, but this actually makes more sense than the bizarre events that we are being told in the media. not saying this is true but it seems odd that a guy who would fly back home between shows, even for just a few hours, to be with his family would murder them and then death of martel

anyways this is an interesting read i was wondering what you guys think

Did Kevin Sullivan Murder Chris Benoit and His Family?

By Johnny Angel

(Former Pro Wrestling Champion)

Now known as Rev. Johnny Lee Clary

World-Wide Evangelist
The tragic deaths of Chris Benoit and his wife Nancy and son Daniel have shocked the wrestling world. The police are calling it a double-murder-suicide, but is it really? Let?s look at some facts. It has been 10 years exactly since Nancy divorced Kevin Sullivan to marry Chris Benoit. In the 1980?s Sullivan, along with his then-wife Nancy, were running a gimmick in wrestling of how they were Satanists, and Nancy was known as ?The Fallen Angel.? She later became known as ?Woman.? The trouble with the Satanists gimmick was it was for real, and was not a work, or fake. In the 1990?s Kevin Sullivan was the booker for WCW, and he scripted his wife Nancy into having an affair with Chris Benoit who was a member of the Four Horsemen. This made for a good angle, except, the acting became reality as Chris and Nancy actually fell in love and Nancy divorced Sullivan to marry Benoit.

Benoit left the WCW to go to work for the WWE which was then known as the WWF. It is a fact that Sullivan threatened Benoit and told him he would kill him. Yes, that was 10 years ago, but Kevin Sullivan is no dummy. He is known for being a calculating, cold-hearted individual. Today, according to a source close to me, Kevin Sullivan is a high ranking member of the Satanic Church. The police need to consider the possibility that Sullivan carried out these gruesome murders in order to have his revenge, which is what Satanists live for. He could have entered the home, with an accomplice or accomplices and held the Benoit?s at gunpoint, Sullivan could have then bound up Nancy, and made Benoit and his son watch as he strangled the life out of her. Then the next day after making Benoit and his son spend the day in agony, murdered Benoit?s little boy because of his hatred for the offspring of Benoit and Nancy. Then he could have made Benoit wait an entire day before killing him to by hanging him in the basement.

By doing this, not only would Kevin Sullivan have lived out his Satanic Church creed with his lust for revenge, but he would have destroyed Chris Benoit?s reputation which is what has happened now as the wrestling world is attacking the memory of Chris Benoit remembering him as an insane baby killer and wife killer instead of the great World Champion wrestler and friend that he was.

Satanists hate the Bible and the police have stated that a Bible was found next to the bodies of Benoit?s wife and son. This would serve as a bizarre calling card as if to either say ?What good did your Bible do you?? or to throw off investigators to keep them from suspecting Sullivan and his Satanists would have been involved.

Another thing to note is the fact that Kevin Sullivan was also associated with Sherri Martel, who died just a few days before the bodies of Chris Benoit, and his family was found, and the full details of Martell?s death have not been made known as of the time of this writing.

I wonder why the police have not even considered investigating the possibility the Kevin Sullivan killed Benoit, Nancy, and their child. It is certainly a possibility worth looking in to.

Also, Benoit was going to be crowned ECW World Champion on Sunday night. Why would he murder his family and kill himself when he was going to be on top again and make lots more money?

Why would he tie his wife up before killing her? He would have no reason to, but Kevin Sullivan sure would!

Sure he had some problems with Nancy, but that was 4 years ago and what married couple doesn?t have problems? Remember also that they reconciled and as far as everyone knows there has been no other incidents reported.

One also needs to consider the fact that Benoit loved his kids and was so proud of his son that was killed. His kids wore suits and ties to his wrestling events and was proud of their dad. He was loved and respected by all those who knew him.

In my opinion, there is no way he would have murdered his family. This whole murder case has Satanists written all over it and Sullivan is a Satanist and has the motive to murder them.

I am encouraging anyone who reads this to send this to police authorities and circulate it on the internet, so these facts can be investigated, before the case is closed and Benoit is written off in history a murderer. If Sullivan is the real killer, justice should be served!

As a former Pro Wrestler myself, now a born again Christian and world wide evangelist, I am hoping and praying for justice no matter who is responsible.

I have submitted this to Fox News and they are investigating Sullivan's connections to this. I also submitted the Wikipedia information I received from someone who alerted me to the fact that someone posted that Benoit's wife was dead hours before the police found the bodies.

It also appears that Jim Ross has been saying that I (or alluding to me) used to be associated with Wrestling and am just looking for 15 minutes of fame. Others are trying to discredit me as well. I am a well-known public figure and am not in the wrestling business any longer, and my business is motivational speaking and being a Christian speaker. I travel all over the world and do not need any of wrestling's "15 minutes" of fame. However, I do care about justice and I do care about the people who are being exploited by McMahon and company and I will see if something can be done about regulating the WWE to keep more lives from being destroyed.

I wish no harm to anyone who is not guilty of this crime. It is not my intention to defame people at all, and I am not looking for a confrontation with Ross or McMahan. I will however, speak out against anything I see that is wrong and that is my right.

I have not accused Sullivan of murder, but I am raising questions as to whether he could have been involved or not. I want answers and I am sure most people want answers too.

asudevil83

Reaction score
yeah, that makes NO SENSE AT ALL.

1.) Nancy was killed Saturday. Benoit flew from Atlanta to Houston late Saturday. if Nancy was dead or in any real danger, a sane man would do everything possible to get his family help. its not like he was being followed or tabbed the entire time.

2.) Benoit had a usable cell phone. calling and making texts was certainly available to him.....so calling the police or giving some warning to SOMEONE was certainly within his means.

3.) if Benoit had no signs of struggle on himself.....bruises, or trauma that would mean that he willingly hung himself. i dont see that whatsoever.

4.) suggesting that some dude had so much anger at Benoit after 10 years is just sickening. "i'm going to murder your family because you stole my wife 10 years ago" is odd.

5.) suggesting that satanism had a role in this makes me sick. i'm no satanist, but he's suggesting that satanists have this mentality where they eat babies for breakfast. they arent "evil". they have a religion, and just because its odd doesnt make someone capable of something so horrendous.

i was wondering if there would be any CT's around his death, but this actually makes more sense than the bizarre events that we are being told in the media. not saying this is true but it seems odd that a guy who would fly back home between shows, even for just a few hours, to be with his family would murder them and then death of martel

and yes......a crazy satanist who had his wife stole by Benoit 10 years ago plotted an insane family murder and framed Benoit as a double murder suicide makes more sense than a steriod stemmed depression that spiraled into double-murder suicide.

this "former champion" is writing out his own ridiculous WWE story line in this one.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone read the article that was claiming that there was a "Wiki" claiming that Nancy was dead, 10-12 hours before the police found the bodies?

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
McMahon appeared in an empty ring, and acknowledged his storyline, and talked a bit about Benoit

That is disgusting. What a bastard this guy is. I suppose he didn't have the balls to talk about the culture of steroids he is personally responsible. In a roundabout way I hold him at least partially responsible for these deaths. He and his business have created a monster (pun intended) by basically making every damn wrestler have to be a freak of nature. But wait.... nature doesn't make human bodies like that.... THEY HAVE TO TAKE STEROIDS TO MAKE IT IN THIS BUSINESS. Congress should come in and clean house at all the wrestling businesses.

Last edited:

asudevil83

Reaction score
That is disgusting. What a bastard this guy is. I suppose he didn't have the balls to talk about the culture of steroids he is personally responsible. In a roundabout way I hold him at least partially responsible for these deaths. He and his business have created a monster (pun intended) by basically making every damn wrestler have to be a freak of nature. But wait.... nature doesn't make human bodies like that.... THEY HAVE TO TAKE STEROIDS TO MAKE IT IN THIS BUSINESS. Congress should come in and clean house at all the wrestling businesses.

yes steriods is a crappy part of their business, and needs to be acknowledged.

but:

1.) nothing was known about the deaths until later. for all they knew, the family was murdered by someone, OR some sort of accident happened.

2.) taking that into consideration, talking about steroids is NOT the thing to talk about at this time.

3.) we still have NO IDEA if steriods can be blamed for Benoits actions. a boat load of perscription drugs were found at their home, so it is concievable that Benoit was taking other drugs including anti-depressants, and other things.

remember, RIGHT now we cant assume that Benoit was on steriods. he passed testing back in April....and his son had a genetic disease which he was given drugs for (including HGH).

if tomorrow they come out and say that Benoit had MAJOR doses of steriods in his system at the time of these deaths, then go ahead and blame McMan, Benoit, the WWE and whoever, but until then dont go assuming everything.