Too good to Pass Up

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Let's hope we can add a LB in the 1st 2 rounds because they neglected it last year. Ugh

I still have concerns about Buc playing there for the long haul Mitch. Those last 3 games he was getting crushed in the run game because of his size & ability to take on blockers.

Could a guy like Sheldon Rankins help him by blowing up the middle? I luv this guy especially his pass rush.

This team needs to get nastier & better in the middle of both lines IMO if it's going to take the next step.

This, this team needs some damn fire on the OL and DL. In other words we need more guys that play with a mean streak. A guy like Campbell is great to have but compared to the elite at the position, he is a gentle giant... we need some guys who are jacked up in the trenches

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Braxton having a tough game but looked good in drills and 1v1 situations. Pretty much what you would expect from a guy playing a new position.

Spence & Oakman look dominant.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
you're pretty much describing he 2013 Cards D. Rush the passer with Old Abe, CC, DD and Williams (with a blitzer sometimes) and have Dansby/Washington on the field at all times. With PP and HB behind them... man, that D was sick. They had speed and multiple playmakers at EVERY level of the D. Our D as was this year, really just had the secondary making plays. Can't win football with a D built outside in.

That was one of the most-blitzing defenses in the NFL that year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goff is an overrated system QB IMO. he can play in the NFL but he's not that good he will need lots of work.

Good not great arm, needs to get stronger. he does step up in the pocket pretty well but he also tends to start moving around before he needs to, because Cal's OL has not been good.

If you want a QB who fits the Arians system Paxton Lynch makes more sense because he has teh bigger arm.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Rankins has explosive hips and quick feet---plus an excellent motor. He's an interior rusher who could help immediately in the 4 man rush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SW-quGxRaM

As a Louisville fan Sheldon Rankins has no quit in him.The kid played all over the DLine and will do what it takes to help his team win.The Cards should jump all over him in RD 2 or 3.If the Cards don`t get him I see the Steelers picking him.He`s tough with a big heart and good skills.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
As a Louisville fan Sheldon Rankins has no quit in him.The kid played all over the DLine and will do what it takes to help his team win.The Cards should jump all over him in RD 2 or 3.If the Cards don`t get him I see the Steelers picking him.He`s tough with a big heart and good skills.

I just don't see Rankins lasting into the 2nd, maybe not even at 29. If Spence is gone (which I expect) I'd jump all over Rankins if he's on the board. Luv this guys talent!

I see him as a John Randle type player.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I just don't see Rankins lasting into the 2nd, maybe not even at 29. If Spence is gone (which I expect) I'd jump all over Rankins if he's on the board. Luv this guys talent!

I see him as a John Randle type player.

I see him as a 1st or 2nd round guy (at the latest) .But I think he will be over analyzed and picked over by teams looking for a minute flaw and word will come out saying "he`s too short to be effective " nonsense and Rankins could fall a round.If he was too end up being a AZ Card it would be great .Type of guy this team co:D:D:cheers:uld use.

Last edited: