Tomorrowland

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh, Disney will survive. Cant say I really feel bad for them, nobody bats a thousand. I'm bummed for Britt Robertson because she will probably never get her own movie again like this, because of the flop, and I actually think she's a very good young actress.

I will say that other than a couple scenes, the whole movie was a lot more dreary visually than I expected it to be.

She will probably be OK. She is pretty hot and if Megan Fox can continue to get roles so can she. This might bomb at the box office but not because the movie was bad.

Interestingly enough, when I asked most people why they have not see the movie, they say....not sure what the movie is about and the reviews were not that good. But when you read many of the reviews they complain about the movie being preachy and focusing too much on gadgets or the movie didn't spend enough time explaining Tomorrowland.

The reviews are all over the place too. Generally speaking when a movie is bad pretty much all the reviews align in terms of complaints. After reading about 20 or so, they don't with this movie. I don't think people had any idea what to expect and that means expectations were all over the place.

After watching Jupiter Ascending this movie is underrated IMO and very badly marketed from the get go. No this is not a masterpiece or another tent pole franchise but it was enjoyable.

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
She will probably be OK. She is pretty hot and if Megan Fox can continue to get roles so can she. This might bomb at the box office but not because the movie was bad.

Interestingly enough, when I asked most people why they have not see the movie, they say....not sure what the movie is about and the reviews were not that good. But when you read many of the reviews they complain about the movie being preachy and focusing too much on gadgets or the movie didn't spend enough time explaining Tomorrowland.

The reviews are all over the place too. Generally speaking when a movie is bad pretty much all the reviews align in terms of complaints. After reading about 20 or so, they don't with this movie. I don't think people had any idea what to expect and that means expectations were all over the place.

After watching Jupiter Ascending this movie is underrated IMO and very badly marketed from the get go. No this is not a masterpiece or another tent pole franchise but it was enjoyable.

Totally agree. I thought it was perfectly average but not bad by any stretch. I actually knew the second it started getting a little preachy it was going to bomb because God forbid we talk about taking care of the planet obviously this is leftist liberal propaganda!!!!! Lol

I've always tried to remind people, even if you believe global warming is total bunk, don't you think it's probably not a good idea to pollute the earth and destroy the environment the way we are? Lol it's just common sense.

It's why I LOVED the line from Hugh when he was talking about people embracing the apocalypse because "that future doesn't require anything from you today." Or something to that extent. I really believe that is why so many people deny so many environmental crisis that are happening, because A they don't want to feel responsible for any of it and B they don't want to actually have to do anything inconvenient to change.

But regardless of that I think you are right on about why it is bombing and you are forsure correct about her being hot!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Do you remember when "Black Hole" came out? It was a pretty edgy flick for it's time,...sort of a scifi horror type thing,.... it was a Disney,...their first venture into films targeted towards an older audience. They suffered some pretty sever backlash for that and scrapped a couple other movies they were planning due to public outcry...the past ten years or so they have been broadening their horizons again.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078869/

nothing about the backlash there...just the movie page.... I remember enjoying it in the theater and being a bit annoyed that Disney was shying away from movies outside the chitty chitty bang bang mode for a while

That was before Disney created Touchstone Pictures for their R rated films.

My kids liked it. I thought it was just good. Good message although a little heavy handed sometime.

I LOVED the quote from House which was something like; "Nobody wants to believe anything someone says might happen tomorrow, because that would require them to do something about it today."

Spot on, America in a nutshell.

Pretty appropriate quote for the current times.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson