Today’ Rumor: Pick 3

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't be too greedy, would do it. The 6th pick would probably get you the top rated CB in the draft. #18 could give you a terrific WR or OL and we would have 2 second round and 2 third round draft picks. Having 6 picks in the first three rounds can set the foundation for a solid team.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The question
they don't know yet what Panthers and texans will do with the first two picks and if they target Richardson and he is picked with one of those teams, i think the trade likely happen at the draft day

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The question the don't know yet what Panthers and texans do with the first two picks, if they target Richardson and he is picked with one if this team, i think its likely a trade that can happen at the draft day
Agree, I think most of the trading will happen while teams are on the clock. I think you can get more in draft capital at that time.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I brought up Detroit as a great match. In 2018 the Jets traded up from #6 to #3 for Sam Darnold. They traded three 2nd rounders and a 4th to Indy.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based on what? I’m not going to bother looking it up, but I don’t think history agrees. I could be wrong.
Not saying we should trade down, but I think the options should be planned in advance with some degree of accuracy.
Based on logic. Hell, just look at Gator’s post literally right above mine as an example.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, the Lions are moving up to get Anderson before the Seahags can grab him at 5. Anderson completes that Lions D perfectly & is Campbells kind of guy. Could be win, win for both Cardinals & Lions. Only downside is that Detroit is an NFC team. With Detroit’s history of bad luck, I would take that risk.

That would surprise me. They have more Edge guys than anyone. They are stacked there.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I brought up Detroit as a great match. In 2018 the Jets traded up from #6 to #3 for Sam Darnold. They traded three 2nd rounders and a 4th to Indy.
No. 3: Indianapolis → NY Jets (PD). Indianapolis traded a first-round selection (3rd) to the Jets in exchange for the Jets' first-round selection (6th), two second-round selections (37th and 49th), and a second-round selection in 2019.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
PFN, a respected site with several actual NFL former employees, in today’s mock speculates the Lions pay both their firsts and a second to move up and take Richardson. That offer could not be turned down. It‘s 2 virtually certain immediate starters including at least one likely Pro Bowl level player. It might be 3 starters.
Sure it could.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Plus, you want to jump up for a QB to be picked before other QB needy teams, when we're looking at a top pass rusher? You don't pay through the nose; you pay double that. We get three firsts and three 2nds plus change, then we'll talk. Otherwise, nuh-uh.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
We’re not getting two firsts to move down 3 spots.
Not 3 spots but close and for much bigger return. Try this one that recently happened
”The 49ers have traded up from the 12th overall pick to the third overall in a deal with the Miami Dolphins, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday. Miami receives the 12th overall selection from San Francisco, a third-round pick and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, per Rapoport. The Dolphins then traded the No. 12 pick and a 2022 first-rounder to the Eagles for the sixth-overall selection to complete the Friday flurry of deals.”

Never say never with certainty in the NFL

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Harry: each drafts has its "tiers" of talent

any sense for the position players where the top of the first round cutoff is?

is it three players? five players? Is it one (Will Anderson) and then a drop off?

Reading sites -- it feels like Anderson, Wilson, and (assuming no off field) Carter -- with Gonzales, Witherspoon maybe in that tier

very interested in your take on this

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I could see turning it down. Out of those 6 picks, maybe 2 get a 2nd contract with the Cards. I'd rather have Anderson.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd get 2 cbs out of it, an Olineman, a center and a receiver. It's as if those shiny blue chip corners will be right there for the taking and then oline, wr in 2 and 3rd rounds include G, C, WR.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Jets traded their first and three seconds for the Colt’s first.
Hence the part where I stated they traded up from 6 to 3. The Colts did not get a future 1st like some here think we’d get. Darnold was a much better prospect (at the time). Just using that package as an example

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Depends on where the first is. 3 seconds aren’t worth a top 10 pick.
If Monti thinks he could rebuild the trenches with 6 picks in the top-100 this plus an extra 2nd next year I think he’d do it.

Picks we’d have in that hypothetical:

1-6
2-34
2-48
2-55
3-66
3-96

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member