Today’ Rumor: Pick 3

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I am not some kind of huge Richardson fan. I thought Lance is going to be one of the worst draft picks in NFL history. And he will be. Personally wouldn't want either one of them. But some NFL team is going to take Richardson very high. It's that desperate for QBs.

That's all we need is one GM to convince himself that Richardson is an unpolished Pat Mahomes.

And then it's "cha-ching!"... Cards get an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder in this years draft. :)

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
If it's Indy, fine; otherwise, no thanks, take Anderson.

Forgive me if this is remedial QC, but is there any scenario where SEA trades #5 to us? Would that be acceptable?

And I guess trading with DET is right out because SEA will take Anderson at 5 if we don't before then? Correct?

Sorry I haven't had much time to study the draft so far. Appreciate your time.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am from Detroit and follow their message boards. The fans say that the reason to move to 3 is to draft Anderson. They think the team is playoff ready if the defense can improve, and they are happy with Goff.
Well if that happens at least trading back with them wouldn't give Anderson to the Seahawks. If the interest in Richardson from other teams is real, maybe we can fleece them.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Forgive me if this is remedial QC, but is there any scenario where SEA trades #5 to us? Would that be acceptable?

And I guess trading with DET is right out because SEA will take Anderson at 5 if we don't before then? Correct?

If Seattle wants to trade, I would suspect they are taking a QB. But they would have to pay a division tax.

We also don't know what Indy wants, but I could imagine Anderson is in play if they like 1 of the remaining "top" QB's and Seattle grabs that one.

I suppose we could get a haul and hope Anderson falls, then even trade down again if he doesn't.

Obviously Indy is our best bet, but I would be surprised if we traded with Seattle.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I am from Detroit and follow their message boards. The fans say that the reason to move to 3 is to draft Anderson. They think the team is playoff ready if the defense can improve, and they are happy with Goff.
This is what I've been saying - if folks wanna trade up to our 3 spot it'll more than likely be Anderson that they're after - not Richardson

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
so that says -- if the Raiders at 7 or Falcons at 8 offer a killer trade deal, then you can take it and still get comparable talent, but not (for example) the Jets at 13
At 7 or 8 you’d get Van Ness or if lucky Wilson. You could also take the top OT fixing RT or being open to eventually move on from Humphries. At 13 you’re probably looking at the second CB. That would fill a need but i think corners would be there at 34 if that‘s you’re primary target. If you’re thinking personnel in 2 years you could move down but you’d want a big overpay.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
That has been going around. At 18 it’s the #3 CB (a probable starter) or Bresee. If you took Van Ness at 6 and Bresee at 18 that would setup the DL for years.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That has been going around. At 18 it’s the #3 CB (a probable starter) or Bresee. If you took Van Ness at 6 and Bresee at 18 that would setup the DL for years.
I like Van Ness, but it will be a challenge to get the best spot for him. I think he'd be a phenomenal 5 tech

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'd be amazed if that's the case. They already have Hutch. Charles Harris, Romeo Okwara, Josh Paschal who they drafted in the 2nd last year, John Cominsky and James Houston who had 8 sacks last year. I thought it was more internal D line they needed?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Seattle wants to trade, I would suspect they are taking a QB. But they would have to pay a division tax.

We also don't know what Indy wants, but I could imagine Anderson is in play if they like 1 of the remaining "top" QB's and Seattle grabs that one.

I suppose we could get a haul and hope Anderson falls, then even trade down again if he doesn't.

Obviously Indy is our best bet, but I would be surprised if we traded with Seattle.

Honestly. The best thing the Cards could do to hurt the Seahawks is take a bunch of draft picks from them for a QB that's going to sit a year or two.

The Chicks already won last years draft and they have the 3rd highest draft capital this year. They are going to be a very good team for a lot of years if they land this draft too.

I fancy them to win the division this year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Van Ness, but it will be a challenge to get the best spot for him. I think he'd be a phenomenal 5 tech

I like him too but I think he goes lower than people think. He's still pretty raw. I think 15-25 range.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
so that says -- if the Raiders at 7 or Falcons at 8 offer a killer trade deal, then you can take it and still get comparable talent, but not (for example) the Jets at 13
There's no Anderson at 7 or 8. I actually think 3 is the first cutoff just because he's a touch better than the rest of the tier.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There's no Anderson at 7 or 8. I actually think 3 is the first cutoff just because he's a touch better than the rest of the tier.
I'm not a big fan of this QB class, so I think Anderson is easily the best player in this draft.

My next favorite? Christian Gonzalez. He's going to be a good corner for a long time.

After that? Probably Bresee.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
no doubt he is the safest

only injury makes him a bust, and I think his floor is a good but not great 8 sack a year guy (that this board complains about bitterly by year 3 LOL).

but in due respect, we all have opinions -- its why i asked Harry, the only poster on the board who earned a living scouting NFL prospects.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The convo around Richardson is funny. If you asked me what QB in this draft has the best chance to go to a Super Bowl, I would argue it is Anthony Richardson.

People argue if a team should take Young over Stroud. I think the argument is should you take Young over Levis. Bryce Young has zero special traits.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

If Seattle wanted to move up to take a QB at #3, then it's likely that Anderson would be available to the CARDS at #5. Doubt that this is in their plans. As said - I'm for staying put at #3 and taking Anderson, but I would gladly flip picks with Indy with the proviso that he's available at #4.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
I like him too but I think he goes lower than people think. He's still pretty raw. I think 15-25 range.
I see it opposite. I think his ceiling moves him up. He was horribly misused in college.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It still feels like the Cards are trading out of this pick.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could see turning it down. Out of those 6 picks, maybe 2 get a 2nd contract with the Cards. I'd rather have Anderson.
If second contracts are the barometer, the Cards should probably just forfeit the draft. The record on 2nd contracts given is atrocious.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson